Russian Federation NT 2013

• “I dont think so, but I hope that after Grand Prix we can add
    some names, and be even stronger. We need more strength, especially in
    attack and that is something we have to look for in the upcoming
    tournaments. Our setter, Anna Matienko, played only a bit because she is
    preparing for Universiade and her substitution Ekaterina Pankova is not
    yet so strong. Now at GP we will see how team looks with Anna leading
    them, I hope she will do well because we need her for European
    Championship. Also I plan to use all 12 players in spite of the result.” - Russian coach Yuriy Marichev

Is he serious? Matienko will be first setter and she'll be first setter in ECH.. she was needed.. OH my! No glory for Russia after all

• Matienko as first :what: what a shame :aww: Pankova, Babeshina, Akulova, Salina and even Zhadan are better than her and there are aslo Startseva, Uraleva, Ulyakina who can't play.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• OMG :lol: they are crazy? its like Kuzyakina as main libero in championships

• Russia looked so promising in Montreux, but ever since that it got worse with the inclusion of Borodakova and the changed way of playing, "forbidding" the MBs to attack :aww: :down:
    And if Matienko really will be 1st setter it will go completely down the drain, I remember how she managed to screw everything up whenever she entered the court in Montreux.

And another bad news, Kosheleva still hasn't fully recovered from all her injuries and probably won't play in WGP :(

• Russia looked so promising in Montreux, but ever since that it got worse with the inclusion of Borodakova and the changed way of playing, "forbidding" the MBs to attack :aww: :down:
    And if Matienko really will be 1st setter it will go completely down the drain, I remember how she managed to screw everything up whenever she entered the court in Montreux.

And another bad news, Kosheleva still hasn't fully recovered from all her injuries and probably won't play in WGP :(

Tatiana has a chronical injury and maybe never will be back on high level :(

• Tatiana has a chronical injury and maybe never will be back on high level :(

So sad about Tatiana ;( I hope that she can come back on international level :roll:

• Pankova said in an interview yesterday that Kosheleva normally be playing with the team.

• Pankova said in an interview yesterday that Kosheleva normally be playing with the team.

So we'll see how is her shape now or maybe she'll enter on court only as substitution in Campinas ^^

• If some players have got the injury. Why not let they go to recovery condition. Then consider the other player who's healthy and many experiences in the national team level. I offer OLGA FATEEVA to play for the Russia Team. I think she can help team. If Mr. Marichev select her and give a chance to her. :thumbsup: :thumbup:

There are many volleyball Fans from Thailand support her and want to see her play the world grand prix 2013 in Thailand. :win: :win: :heart:

• If some players have got the injury. Why not let they go to recovery condition. Then consider the other player who's healthy and many experiences in the national team level. I offer OLGA FATEEVA to play for the Russia Team. I think she can help team. If Mr. Marichev select her and give a chance to her. :thumbsup: :thumbup:

There are many volleyball Fans from Thailand support her and want to see her play the world grand prix 2013 in Thailand. :win: :win: :heart:

I guess you don't know that Fateeva isn't in NT this year. She wasn't even in wide-called list of 30 players by Marichev. She isn't on WGP wide list of 22 players neither. I doubt she will be called by Marichev for ECH too :whistle: she isn't needed because they have Obmochaeva, Isaeva as OPPs and Pasynkova, Chaplina, Bondar as OHs. There is also prmoising OH/OPP Malykh. OH Kosheleva can be back after injuries (spine and now damaged finger). With team was trained also OH/OPP Darya Pisarenko and OPP Nelly Alisheva. And maybe one from Sokolova, Gamova maybe decide to play in ECH (although I don't think so). We have 9 wing-spikers there + 2 possible if they want to help, so there is no place for Fateeva there :teach:

• I guess you don't know that Fateeva isn't in NT this year. She wasn't even in wide-called list of 30 players by Marichev. She isn't on WGP wide list of 22 players neither. I doubt she will be called by Marichev for ECH too :whistle: she isn't needed because they have Obmochaeva, Isaeva as OPPs and Pasynkova, Chaplina, Bondar as OHs. There is also prmoising OH/OPP Malykh. OH Kosheleva can be back after injuries (spine and now damaged finger). With team was trained also OH/OPP Darya Pisarenko and OPP Nelly Alisheva. And maybe one from Sokolova, Gamova maybe decide to play in ECH (although I don't think so). We have 9 wing-spikers there + 2 possible if they want to help, so there is no place for Fateeva there :teach:

I guess you don't know :lol: :lol: that she was not named in the 30 players at that moment. Because she's injured, but right now, she has a perfect in physically and mentally and get ready for the Russian national team. :super:

I see, there are many spikers, They are young players. But you know some players no performance or not play better than her. Fateeva can play in Attacker and she has quite great in reception too when she's at the back court. However, I believe that she still want to play for national team. There is still a chance for her if coach called her return to National team :win: :win: :heart: 8) 8) 8)

Fateeva has serious issues with her mental strength. Indeed, she has the skill and the physique but at the same time she's a very peaceful player... and she's not that young after all. I think Marichev will go with younger/more aggressive candidates.

• I checked league stats from last season to check if Fateeva really can help to the team, so:
    1a. Scores: 159 (better OHs/OPPs were: Alisheva 467, Isaeva 438, Pasynkova 340, Chaplina 291, Bondar 289, Malykh 231, Shcherban 191, Malofeeva 179 - from NT wide roster, from possible members Kutyukova 338, Evdokimova (Makhno) 165
    1b. Scores +/- (scores +/- = gained scores-errors): -3, so she made more errors than scores (better were Isaeva +214, Alisheva 213, Malykh 133, Bondar 128, Pasynkova 99, Malofeeva 95, Chaplina 66, Pisarenko 32, Kosheleva 20 - from NT, from candidates: Kutyukova 99, Bavykina 41, Evdokimova 39, Sazhina 10
    2. Reception efficiency: 31% efficiency (better were: Chaplina (40%), Isaeva (39%, though she received less), Pasynkova (38%), Pisarenko (35%) - from NT, better were also possible candidates for NT: Yulia Kutyukova (47 %), Anastasia Markova (36 %), Olga Sazhina (33 %), comparable were Yana Shcherban and Anastasia Bavykina)
    3a. Spike kills: 115 (better were: Alisheva 400, Isaeva 369, Kutyukova 294, Pasynkova 271, Bondar 251, Chaplina 228, Malofeeva 151, Shcherban 150, Evdokimova 124)
    3b. Spike efficiency: 34% (better were: Isaeva (44 %), Malykh (43 %), Malofeeva (43 %), Pasynkova (41 %), Alisheva (37 %), Kosheleva (36%, though she play not much), Bondar (35 %), Chaplina (35 %) - from NT, from candidates: Bavykina (36 %), Kutyukova (36 %); comparable were Pisarenko and Sazhina.

Overall Fateeva played 73 sets and it's not a small number comparing with other players. She's not a reliable scorer and spiker, though her reception is quite decent. Better players are:
    Alisheva (as OPP), Isaeva (OPP/OH), Pasynkova (OH/OPP), Chaplina (OH), Bondar (OH), Malykh (OPP/OH), Malofeeva (OPP/OH), Pisarenko (OH/OPP) - from NT and Kutyukova (OH/OPP), Evdokimova (OH/OPP) from ohers. We should add Kosheleva (OH) who didn't play much.
    Comparable with Fateeva are: Sazhina (OH), Shcherban (OH), Bavykina (OH/OPP), Markova (OH, though didn't play much) and all are younger and more perspective. Adding to this list also Obmochaeva, Fateeva is in the half of second 10 in ranking of wing-spikers there, moreover she makes a lot of errors. Her mentality is also her disadvantage, so not only her injury is a prove that she's out. She was just worse that many other candidates for NT :teach:

• I checked league stats from last season to check if Fateeva really can help to the team, so:
    3b. Spike efficiency: 34% (better were: Isaeva (44 %), Malykh (43 %), Malofeeva (43 %), Pasynkova (41 %), Alisheva (37 %), Kosheleva (36%, though she play not much), Bondar (35 %), Chaplina (35 %) - from NT, from candidates: Bavykina (36 %), Kutyukova (36 %); comparable were Pisarenko and Sazhina.

Overall Fateeva played 73 sets and it's not a small number comparing with other players. She's not a reliable scorer and spiker, though her reception is quite decent. Better players are:
    Alisheva (as OPP), Isaeva (OPP/OH), Pasynkova (OH/OPP), Chaplina (OH), Bondar (OH), Malykh (OPP/OH), Malofeeva (OPP/OH), Pisarenko (OH/OPP) - from NT and Kutyukova (OH/OPP), Evdokimova (OH/OPP) from ohers. We should add Kosheleva (OH) who didn't play much.
    Comparable with Fateeva are: Sazhina (OH), Shcherban (OH), Bavykina (OH/OPP), Markova (OH, though didn't play much) and all are younger and more perspective. Adding to this list also Obmochaeva, Fateeva is in the half of second 10 in ranking of wing-spikers there, moreover she makes a lot of errors. Her mentality is also her disadvantage, so not only her injury is a prove that she's out. She was just worse that many other candidates for NT :teach:

From watching the games with her, I think Fateeva would have been a leader in:

3c. Efficiency of hitting hard straight into the two blocks so none of your team-mates can react, goes right into the floor :)
    Makhno (Evdokimova) would have been doing well here too.

In reality, Fateeva is quite tall (over 190 I think) and not very quick. Markova is the closest equivalent.

• From watching the games with her, I think Fateeva would have been a leader in:

3c. Efficiency of hitting hard straight into the two blocks so none of your team-mates can react, goes right into the floor :)
    Makhno (Evdokimova) would have been doing well here too.

In reality, Fateeva is quite tall (over 190 I think) and not very quick. Markova is the closest equivalent.

:lol: I agree Fateeva is doing it so well :rolll: I also remember Makhno as weak spiker ^^

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• Btw, what is with Schreban, why she is not in NT?

Maybe I missed something, but I didn't hear about any injury. Maybe Marichev just didn't choose her. She was in wide roster, but she wasn't registered to WGP.

• Maybe I missed something, but I didn't hear about any injury. Maybe Marichev just didn't choose her. She was in wide roster, but she wasn't registered to WGP.

I hace to look it up but she definitely had an injury and I believe she had to do surgery. I think it may have been shoulder.