2013 Universiade - Russia - 06/07

• :lol: :lol: Mostly probably It's not allowed to color their hair or have some unique hairstyle there in North Korea, otherwise they can't look exactly the same like that...

Yeah, it was like that in 1930s in USSR in times of most rigid communism, a woman who would try to have a fancy hairstyle would be highly critized by society or even punished. So there's no law but there's definitely society rule.

• so many asian teams in the quarterfinal....but China...
    Chinese players are based on Shandong Provincial Team Structure full of young players.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• So in medal zone are Brazil, Poland, Thailand and Russia. I suppose that probably Russia will win about other medals I have no idea, but the least chance I give Poland.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I wonder what happened to North Korea. In QF they gave trouble to Poland and today they lost with 8,7,15 to Japan in 5-8 matches.

Russia completely plays like a male team now. The MBs attack always in front of the setter (in fact they jump all the time but hardly ever attack, especially Borodakova who can't do these attacks), Obmochaeva as OPP always attacks from position 1 and is the main hitter, the OHs get quick sets to position 4 and run quick pipe attacks as in male volleyball and the extensive use of triple block continues as well. To be honest I liked the team's play in Montreux better than now, with Dianskaya as typical female MB with strong slide attacks and Isaeva as OPP also attacking pipes sometimes.

• After losing first set and a heartbreaking second one, Brazil leads and has a good advantage. It seems we are going to take a silver. :dance6:

I think the final could be very interesting. Russia is under a lot of pressure to win this tournament while it doesn't mean much to Brazil and while it's not close to Brazil's top team, there are still a good core of professional players that could challenge Russia if they come out flat and nervous.

• Borodakova does nothing on court. We used to say "She's a horrible attacker, but leastwise does great job in block." But now she's just so useless.

• I think the final could be very interesting. Russia is under a lot of pressure to win this tournament while it doesn't mean much to Brazil and while it's not close to Brazil's top team, there are still a good core of professional players that could challenge Russia if they come out flat and nervous.

I wasn't impressed at all by Brazil in their semifinal. Only Regiane and Natasha have a good level, I don't think any of the other players can compete with Russia no matter how nervous they'll be in the final.

• Jong Jin Sim plays only 10 minute, but I dont'know why. It will be useful to know if she can play next match.

I noticed that too, but even though she clearly is the team's best player, I don't think her absence justifies the result. I've only watched their match against Poland, but Korean team certainly doesn't look so bad that they get only 30 points in 3 sets against Japan B (C?) team even without their best player.

• Yeah, it was like that in 1930s in USSR in times of most rigid communism, a woman who would try to have a fancy hairstyle would be highly critized by society or even punished. So there's no law but there's definitely society rule.

I just googled it and found out that North Korea's dictator indeed made a law about allowed hairstyles :white: :white: :white:
    Women can choose from 18 haircuts (which actually all look pretty much the same), men from 10 (which look even more all the same).

http://www.stern.de/politik/au…isuren-menue-1978348.html

• :lol: Zaryazhko :lol:
    Pankova was going to set Pasynkova, Zaryazhko feigned a middle hit and accidentally got her finger tips on the ball, all Brazilian players were watching Pasynkova and the ball dropped in slowmotion in the middle of Brazil court :D

And will that commentator EVER learn to pronounce "Pasynkova"? It's not THAT difficult but he's stuck with "Pashninkova" all along :aww: