2013 / 2014 Transfer News

• Andrea Bari in Ravenna...

I would have never wanted to read the news about Matey, really sorry that he's leaving! I hope he'll be back one day... :(

• Trento is cracking under budget cut. Doubt Juantorena and Rapha will stay. I would say this is the end of Italian primacy in volleyball. New centers of power r Russia and Turkey.

Similar thing happened to football Serie A but volley is "smaller sport so dont think they will recover soon

• Juantorena and Raphael won't stay of course. They'll all go to Turkey. Sokolov wants to move to a more competitive team too

• About Sokolov, there were rumours about Prikamye Perm wanting to sign both him and Yosifov.

Mosna is constantly speaking how he'll get new sponsors and all of the guys leaving now will return next year. I doubt that, though.

• Mosna is constantly speaking how he'll get new sponsors and all of the guys leaving now will return next year. I doubt that, though.

I also doubt that. If there were prospective sponsors, they would have acted now, not next season, when Trento will be without stars (less revenue from selling t-shirts etc) and will probably struggle to even make the semifinals on Serie A1.

But I have a question to the Italians here - Mosna knew they'll have to cut budget drastically well in advance, why didn't he refuse to play in the Champions League? That would have saved the club much money and probably allowed them to keep one of the stars.

• I also doubt that. If there were prospective sponsors, they would have acted now, not next season, when Trento will be without stars (less revenue from selling t-shirts etc) and will probably struggle to even make the semifinals on Serie A1.

But I have a question to the Italians here - Mosna knew they'll have to cut budget drastically well in advance, why didn't he refuse to play in the Champions League? That would have saved the club much money and probably allowed them to keep one of the stars.

from this season CL will have money prizes for clubs so maybe that's reason

• from this season CL will have money prizes for clubs so maybe that's reason

Yeah, but how much? Will that be enough to cover the participation tax and the travel expenses? And they won't go far with a weak team. As far as I remember, a club had to pay around 350 000 euro for TV rights...

• I'm waiting Sokolov transfer.

That would be very stupid of him, as he'll be the obvious choice for the guy who'll have to sit on the stands during Turkish league.
    volley17, afaik Halkbank is sponsoring the competition with something like 5-6 mil dollars.

• That would be very stupid of him, as he'll be the obvious choice for the guy who'll have to sit on the stands during Turkish league.
    volley17, afaik Halkbank is sponsoring the competition with something like 5-6 mil dollars.

I am sure one of Osmany and Matey will be out. Because they have no alternative in opposite position but have Subası as an OH. It is amazing how Juantorena fall from grace in a year. Last year he was the big star of the transfer, Kazan was ready to spend 2 million dollar for him, Italy was ready to give him a spot in national team but now his transfer is only considered as a part of the package, Trentino volley fans beg Matey to stay but not for him and Italy find more spectacular player than him (Zaytsev) and shut the doors of the national team.

Because Juantorena and Raphael don't play in national teams ,they are unknown for majority of Turkish volleyball fans. They consider Sokolov as the flash transfer :whistle:

• OK, now that they confirmed the transfer I can finally put in words what I've been thinking lately. Mostly about Kaziyski and Stoychev, of course. I had the exquisite privilege to spend an evening in the company of the NT last year in Frankfurt, I got to know Matey a bit, I talked to him for a while during that evening. He is no ordinary player in terms of attitude and intelligence. Matey is already starting to receive masses of criticism in Bulgaria, but I think he doesn't deserve it. One should never criticize someone else before imagining oneself in this very same situation. There are little money in volleyball, stars should think of their profits and life after volleyball, agree with that, both Stoychev and Kaziyski surely have reasons to make that decision and I understand it.

Here starts the big HOWEVER for me. Let's face it - both of them are who they are today mostly because of their time in northern Italy. I can't know how much the cut in Trentino was, but I doubt they would receive nothing. Kaziyski stated he was normally ready to reduce his salary, which I understand as earning enough to make it to the end of the season without too much bother (like, let's say, CSKA in Sofia). You can each decide for yourself, but I am very disappointed by their choice. It does look like they both escaped immediately after the situation worsened. Had they signed for another season, had they stayed one more year in a period of crisis to help the people that had helped them back six years ago, they would be more than welcome to leave next summer.

I support them both in their endeavours and wish them good luck in Ankara, but they truly disappointed me. Mainly because I believed they wouldn't choose money right now.

• I'm thinking that Trento will get some money from Halbank for Kaziyski and maybe from Osmany and Rafael if they go too. They will lent them as far as I understood, they don't sell them. Only Stoychev's contract is over.