Italian NT 2013

• FRom Foppa: Merlo, Di Iulio and Diouf were invited for NT. ;)

Update on Merlo, she is ok! :) She will make another exam today, but for now fracture was excluded. She had a torsion followed by a lot of pain in her lower back, but she will be fine! :)

Happy to see them in NT. :)

Diouf is our future!!!she needs to improve and get experience but she's the only Italian player with these physical skills !!!! about Di Iulio,she's not young anymore and even if she's a good and balanced playe,i think she is not usefull at all..
    about Merlo,i think she's our best libero!!! We have some great athletes in this position (DE Gennaro,Sirressi),but i think Enrica is the best!!!

• That's a wonderful news for Italy NT! Costa, Barcellini, Fiorio, Di Iulio and Bosetti sisters will be the weapons for this year.

I'd personally like to see this starting 7.

Ferretti-Caterina Bosetti
    Guiggi-Arrighetti
    Costa-Lucia Bosetti or Barcellini
    Sirressi or Merlo

• That's a wonderful news for Italy NT! Costa, Barcellini, Fiorio, Di Iulio and Bosetti sisters will be the weapons for this year.

Guiggi-Arrighetti
    Sirressi or Merlo

Caterina is not and will never be an Opposite!! :huh: She is an OH, it's her sister Lucia who can play in both positions :teach:

• Caterina is not and will never be an Opposite!! :huh: She is an OH, it's her sister Lucia who can play in both positions :teach:

Yeah I know, but she also plays quite well in that position.

Guiggi-Arrighetti
    Sirressi or Merlo

We all hope to see Francy in the NT :D

But it seems Mencarelli hasn't yet call her...

In a recent interview he said he had to speak with other some players (and I think Ferretti is one of them) so maybe he will call her, or maybe not! :?:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Where is the Leonardi ? :wall:

at home

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• Leonardi is a great libero, but I think Merlo and Sirressi are playing better than her right now...and are younger than her...but Im still hoping to see her in Nt trainings I guess.

Leonardi isn't best Italian libero but she's best digger imo. I'd like to see her as a primary libero in national team.

I like Enri and Imma anyway ^^

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Not a bad idea to let Leo at home this summer !
    2013 is the opportunity to see a new Italian NT.
    And forza Enrica !
    Anyway Italian NT needs a libero who is a super receiver !

• Not a bad idea to let Leo at home this summer !
    2013 is the opportunity to see a new Italian NT.
    And forza Enrica !
    Anyway Italian NT needs a libero who is a super receiver !

We have no problem in reception, it is the only think we do very well... We have great receivers and a lot of good liberos, but we have no opposites and no great setter (except Leo and Francy)

• Camera is coming, she's better than Bechis. She has great potential and she should be primary setter of Italian NT in Rio 2016. :teach:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• I'm really happy Costagrande will still be in NT...if also Ferretti will be there, the magic duo of Pesaro will be recreated (and if we add also Guiggi... :whistle: )! I think Carol has still a lot to give to our NT, and she really wants to! Camera must be our second setter, we must start to give her as much experience as possible in order to have her ready for Rio and the years after...Diouf and Bosetti's sister are our present and future, but I would also add Barcellini and Di Iulio! oh, let's not forget about Cardullo! :super:

• Where is the Leonardi ? :wall:

She's not realy needed, in NT can be any of these instead her: Merlo, De Gennaro, Sirressi, Croce, Cardullo, Arcangeli, Carocci. Not too many? And others from league aren't so worse than these.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• She's not realy needed, in NT can be any of these instead her: Merlo, De Gennaro, Sirressi, Croce, Cardullo, Arcangeli, Carocci. Not too many? And others from league aren't so worse than these.

luna carocci?are you sure? :rolll:

• We all hope to see Francy in the NT :D

But it seems Mencarelli hasn't yet call her...

In a recent interview he said he had to speak with other some players (and I think Ferretti is one of them) so maybe he will call her, or maybe not! :?:

That's probably because Francy is still in her team training for the Final. I would probably go crazy if Mencarelli ignores her like Barbollini.

• The problem is that in Lo Bianco's age, she didn't want to play in NT, because she didn't want to be second.

• That's probably because Francy is still in her team training for the Final. I would probably go crazy if Mencarelli ignores her like Barbollini.

I'll go crazy with you then :wall:
    anyway I think that she hasn't been called yet because Piacenza is still envolved in the play offs..he started calling players from A2 and from those teams that were eliminated (Villa, Pesaro, Chieri, and noe Bergamo)!

• Barbollini is extremely stubborn with his favourite and non-favourites. Everyone was saying he should have called Ferretti for the olympics, but Rondon was called in stead. Barazza who was definitely out of shape was also called and Ortolani couldn't even get enough chances to play. I remember i was like "what the hell is going on..." when got the news that De Gennaro was invited due to Cardullo's injury issue. If you already have Croce, why do you call another libero? I would...definitely would if the my team's OHs were for example Neriman, Obmochaeva and Malagurski...

Apparently I get why Ferretti had rejected to play unless Italy changes the coach. No one wants to be second if you're really good enough. I think it's going to happen to Antonijevic too...I hope not though. This year Ferretti should be playing as main setter and maybe either Bechis or Camera as her back up.