2013 Yeltsin Cup - Russia - 25/06

• That's not my problem and I don't care if every Cuban player leaves the Island.

That's a problem that the Cuban Federation has to resolve, not me.

But for now, we are the top team in the Caribbean, for whatever reason.

Got it?

capiche?

• Not saying it's your problem.. Just getting you down on earth where you should be and not dreaming that Dominican Republic is a competitive team.. However wish them luck ;) Wanna see them win real matches

• Great to be top of the Carribean. There are just 4 Teams there, Puerto, Cuba, Mexico and Dom Rep... . :woohoo:

• Well... Dominicanito I think you are so blind and fanatic.

And... I'm one of the biggest fan of DR NT in Europe (sorry, it was pride, but it's true), but your attitude look like DR is the best in the world and you just destroy positive atmosphere on DR NT here on this forum, which I made and help to everybody to get news etc... without bad energy and without fanatic and without aggression. I'm huge fan of DR NT, I watch every match, which is broadcasted of senior, junior and youth team. If senior team play in Europe, I do my best to meet team somewhere and cheer them on the hall, but I'm not blind of them and game and you shouldn't be too. You look like crazy Dominican men, which live in USA and has nothing to do and just focus on DR team and create them like God of the world, because you aren't in your country and you want to make DR kings in USA (lol, but it looks like sad person on emigration). You think they are the best everywhere, but of course is not true. Players don't think like this and you shouldn't think like this too, because of people like you... people here just get annoying emotions, not just of you, but of Dominican Republic National Team also. This is international forum and people from whole world read your bullshits, which you write here. This isn't acceptable.

Maybe it's strange, but i feel a bit like Dominican (even if I'm Polish) and I really love these girls, but even if I like somebody I'm definitelly honest in my opinion of game and work, which they show on the court and I tried to give my PEACE and honest opinion to everybody and more of people here agree or if they don't agree, they aren't so aggresive like you and just say something the other. It's law of everybody to say something... isn't it? Somebody like you just come here and destroy my 2 years work here to show people DR NT in honest side, but I just wanted to show everybody that they are good girls with big potential, but of course they need to practice more and hey, hey, hey... they aren't World Champions and please don't make a quareels with everybody here, because isn't good for you and for atmosphere here and atmosphere about DR NT! It's not good advertising, because I don't want to make quareel with nobody here about Dominican girls, but sometimes, when somebody said something wrong of course I'm defender of player, but if they are right you have to agree or just say nothing.

About Yeltsin this what I said in the beggining that it will be tournament without Bethania, Priscilla and of course Brenda, so it's impossible to play good game without reception. The biggest problem now is reception (in this team), so yes in this case you're right, because people can't say that they are going down, because here they are witohut 3 the best world class players and they are still young girls, which have technical problems. And now on the court is 0 typical outside hitter, because Yonkaira is just 2 or 3 years on this position and before this she played on opposite, so i think she made today great job on defense, because receive 67 balls and make just 1 mistake on player in reception like Yonkaira is great for her. Unfortunately level of Yonkaira in attack went down, but she kept reception on the team of the highest level (which isn't her good side). Yonkaira is very dynamic, talented player, which she improved last season in Peru and U23 Pan American Cup and she needs to improve her stability and technical skills, because she is young so is not her fault. With Jeoselyna on outside hitter is difficult too, because she isn't too good on attack from 4 zone and she doesn't have reception skills, so don't make opinion on DR that they are usefull... they just need to work with outside hitters, because only Yonkaira is theoretically one outside hitter and second outside hitter in Yeltsin is Jeoselyna, which is experiment of Marcos Kwiek. It was Marcos decision to give break for Bethania and Priscilla, but this same team is without reception. And of course I don't agree with you Dominicanito that is DR NT C, because is mix of A + B and of course it's true, but look everybody that if not reception, game of DR NT would be very dangerous, because in the other elements of game Dominicana looked solid. In block was good, attack similar, because of new system, but setting of Marte was very good and this same defense and serve wasn't bad too, if they would have one defensor outside hitter or outside hitter which can receive like Priscilla... they would play 80% better than today or better than against Italy. So I just don't care about what people write now, because it's difficult to say something on friendly games in experimental roster. This same think players.

Peace.

PS I forgot to answer to kondzio. It wasn't Burgos of course, because it was Jennifer Ramirez, which made mistake on serve 23-24 in fourth set. The other one of course isn't Rondon or Eve, but is Marifranchi Rodriguez.

• You're doing on this forum really good job and I appreciate your effort :thumbsup: , you're really interestedand devoted to this team, from your text it's certian that's your passion. Keep going with informing forum about this team, for me you're really useful and I think that many other members on forum appreciate what you've done, you're doing and you'll do here :flower:
    About team: Yonkaira is doing on reception really good job, it reminds we Werblińska last year in Olympic qualification, when she also received enormous amounts of balls. As you said because of this reception she lost some spike efficiency, however her good reception helped today. Rodriguez today was without reception, because 9 balls comparing with 67 is nothing, but despite the fact that she's worse in spike from pos 4 than 2 today with Japan she was quite good, she had 46% (better than Mambru as opposite, both with 37 spike attempts) and I saw many times good spikes from left side, she was blocked 4 times and only 1 ball after her spike was out.
    I have one question for you: Did you see bench players from Dominican Republic? Is Dahiana Burgos and Cindy Rondon with team in Yekaterinburg or they're other girls and there are mistakes in stats? Can Burgos want to come back or she just help team now?

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• You're doing on this forum really good job and I appreciate your effort :thumbsup: , you're really interestedand devoted to this team, from your text it's certian that's your passion. Keep going with informing forum about this team, for me you're really useful and I think that many other members on forum appreciate what you've done, you're doing and you'll do here :flower:
    About team: Yonkaira is doing on reception really good job, it reminds we Werblińska last year in Olympic qualification, when she also received enormous amounts of balls. As you said because of this reception she lost some spike efficiency, however her good reception helped today. Rodriguez today was without reception, because 9 balls comparing with 67 is nothing, but despite the fact that she's worse in spike from pos 4 than 2 today with Japan she was quite good, she had 46% (better than Mambru as opposite, both with 37 spike attempts) and I saw many times good spikes from left side, she was blocked 4 times and only 1 ball after her spike was out.
    I have one question for you: Did you see bench players from Dominican Republic? Is Dahiana Burgos and Cindy Rondon with team in Yekaterinburg or they're other girls and there are mistakes in stats? Can Burgos want to come back or she just help team now?

Thanks for these words, is really nice to hear that from somebody :)

I wrote in PS that today was on serve Jennifer Ramirez and on bench is Marifranchi Rodriguez, but I think they aren't so good players.

About Mambru... this season is definitelly not for her. Last year was pretty good, but for me, first should be Sidarka, which in duet with Marte is very impressive, because if Marte gives her fast ball on the right... is no way to stop her, because she will have just single block against her. Echenique plays too slow for Sidarka and I think is better connection Karla and Gina and Nive with Sidarka in double than Karla with Sidarka and Nive with Gina. These doubles are more effective and I really prefer to play with Marte and Nuńez.

• Thanks for these words, is really nice to hear that from somebody :)

I wrote in PS that today was on serve Jennifer Ramirez and on bench is Marifranchi Rodriguez, but I think they aren't so good players.

About Mambru... this season is definitelly not for her. Last year was pretty good, but for me, first should be Sidarka, which in duet with Marte is very impressive, because if Marte gives her fast ball on the right... is no way to stop her, because she will have just single block against her. Echenique plays too slow for Sidarka and I think is better connection Karla and Gina and Nive with Sidarka in double than Karla with Sidarka and Nive with Gina. These doubles are more effective and I really prefer to play with Marte and Nuńez.

Thanks, I watched the game and later looking on the stats I was sure that wasn't Burgos :) Last time when I saw Marifranchi was in 2009 in Grand Prix, but she was mediocre MB, all in team are better than her. I agree also with connection S-OPP, it was visible today in few actions when Nunez got balls from Marte she spiked better.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Thanks, I watched the game and later looking on the stats I was sure that wasn't Burgos :) Last time when I saw Marifranchi was in 2009 in Grand Prix, but she was mediocre MB, all in team are better than her. I agree also with connection S-OPP, it was visible today in few actions when Nunez got balls from Marte she spiked better.

Well... Marifranchi played two or three years in USA in NCAA league (I don't remember exactly), that's why she missed a lot in DR NT, because if you study in USA it's impossible to be in DR NT. Unfortunately she didn't make a progress there and I think she is over player.

• That's your opinion.

This is a democracy and I have my own opinion.

There are a bunch of haters on the internet and I have learned to recognize them.

I'm not going to stand quietly, reading all the stupidities that those haters write without contesting what they are saying against Dominican's volleyball

So they have their opinion and I have mine.

I can't stop them for saying whatever they want, but they can't stop me for saying what i think.

By the way, i don't think that Dominican Republic is a power house in volleyball, but I think that we had come a long way to gain respect in the international volleyball scene.

We might not have a Gold medal on any major tournament, and our only achievement are probably a Silver Medal on the 2009 Women Junior World championship and a bronze medal on the 2009 World Great Champions Cup in Japan, but there are many countries that had been playing volleyball for a longer period of time that can't show not even that.

So those who decide to keep hating, please keep doing so....

• What fuck did borodakova against cuba? :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww:
    it's time to zarya teach to her what a MB have to do in a match :whistle: :whistle:

• Borodakova :lol: She's just useless. I don't know why all the russian coaches are obssesed with her. She's not a great blocker anymore and her attacks are simply embarrassing. Playing great in only Russian domestic league doesn't count anything. She can't follow fast balls and is only used to typical slow russian volleyball. I would prefer someone faster and younger...like Katja Bogacheva. but she has several injuries...what a pity. Dianskaya and Shlyakhovaya are okay too.

The uralochkas Zaryazhko, Pasynkova and Chaplina had a great match :rose: I have a feeling that in some years Zaryazhko could be another Thaisa. She's the best russian MB right now IMO.

• You can get your hands on it here: http://www.laola1.tv/en/int/volleyball/video/1--.html :drink:

Unfortunately, there's no Dominican Republic X Japan.

thank you. i just watched it.

glad to see goncharova again. she's my favorite russian. is this considered to be the russia A team? are gamova, sokolova retired?

cuba seems to be working with a more stable team???? i don't know, but i hope they can accomplish great things with the leadership of cleger. she's fierce, not just setting but attacking as well. also with palacio and giel, two of the more experienced players. i noticed orta did not have good connection with the setters, i don't think she had a clean kill all night? lots of dinking.

i don't understand why the cubans are trying out someone so young as vargas. she's quite a talent but very raw. are carcaces and salas done with the team? overall the passing and defense were very bad.

who's the current cuban coach?

• about RD, i said before, like others here, i'm a big fan although i'm not from RD. but i'm not a blind fanatical crazy person, i am also a critical and frustrated fan sometimes. i think they can be a top 5 team with their height and physicality, but they are not, they make lots of dumb mistakes, they are very unstable with the constant changing/rotating of players (fersola as OH, really????), i don't understand what the coach is doing. they need more practice, better coaching, and more stability. the players need to specialize in their positions, not be constantly rotating between OH and OP or MB.

i watched the RD x italy match. so frustrating, not just the bad passing but even on free balls, some bad setting to the outside. i see however that the connection between marte and vargas is improving and she is getting more sets in the middle. not so much with arias, but she seems to be a better blocker than attacker. RD needs good MB (in addition to passing and setting) to improve its game. hopefully eve can come back from her injury.

i like pena a lot, she can really help this team, along with de la cruz and rivera.

oh yeah, and i don't think of the RD as a top ten team yet. on a good night, they can beat cuba, serbia and germany, but fivb rankings are garbage, and they were lucky in the olympics to be in the same pool as GB and algeria. if they were in the other pool, they might not have reached the QTs.

• i watched the RD x italy match. so frustrating, not just the bad passing but even on free balls, some bad setting to the outside. i see however that the connection between marte and vargas is improving and she is getting more sets in the middle. not so much with arias, but she seems to be a better blocker than attacker. RD needs good MB (in addition to passing and setting) to improve its game. hopefully eve can come back from her injury.

Well... Candida has very very very strong attack, but yesterday she was very useless and she didn't showed her potential on block and attack, that's why she was changed by Annerys. For me Candida can be second Foluke, but she is so crazy and think about the other things on the court, not just of this what she should do... so the one thing, what she needs to get more experience, because she has huge potential in attack (she can kill everybody) and her block is really impressive too, but she needs to be better block reader, but it always come with age.

About Marte. She tries to play very fast volleyball and uses middle blocker whenever she can. If she has good reception she can set very fast balls wherever, but first she tries to use her MB, because they are strong. Annerys was really without form on Montreux, but her form improving, because she didn't touch the ball by all season 2012/2013 after Olympic Games so she needed a time. In Pan American Cup was better. She added serve with jump and her attack is stronger and day by day should be better and on World Grand Prix and NORCECA Championships she will show the best form I guess but now Annerys is in solid form, but still she is better blocker than attacker for me. To compare Marte with Karla, Nive uses middle blockers 10x times more than Karla and her settings are definitelly faster and I like it better. I think Karla was double change would be good with Gina, because if the team would have troubles, her high sets may give more calm to the team, but for me she can't be first setter, because team in this time expect Russia can't play from high balls by all the match. Don't worry about DR middle blocker. They have big potential on this position. They have Vargas (which showed in past years that can be good blocker and attacker), Fersola (which improve day by day), Arias (with big potential) and Eve (is big tallent, but she has a lot of injury and i hope she won't be second Anna Podolec, because last year wasn't so good for her).