Poland - OrlenLiga 2013/2014

• I could watch the last 5 minutes, after all there was a stream (though it did not show the match at the time it was supposed to start).

Chemik got the last point by video challenge, Bjelica hit out but the ball touched the very fingertip of a blocker :D

• Individual awards:
    MVP: Anna Werblińska
    Best Server: Aleksandra Jagieło
    Best Receiver: Paulina Maj
    Best Digger: Agata Sawicka
    Best Blocker: Katarzyna Mróz
    Best Spiker: Ana Bjelica
    Best Setter: Maja Ognjenovic

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• You don't understood my expression... I'm writing about Ela Skowrońska (Dąbrowa player), not Kasia. It's OrlenLiga topic, not Azerbaijan Superleague ;) I don't care about points in leagues, but I wrote about style and level. Maybe unnecessarily I threw Glinka there :(

bartol_bp wrote that Dąbrowa have only defensive OHs, but I think they have one good, stable attacker (Elżbieta Skowrońska) and that's all :)

I think Skowrońska is more universal OH, but on good double block she has a problems with attack, so I think she can't be offensive OH, but Dąbrowa needs stable player on left wing, but she isn't on good block. I'm not agree that in Orlen Liga we don't have offensive OH, because we have. For example Kim Hill, Maggie Glinka, Tamara Rakić, Noris Cabrera, Natalia Kurnikowska, Emilia Mucha, Agata Pura, Tabi Love, Katarzyna Mroczkowska, Patrycja Polak (when she was playing in Poland), Aleksandra Wójcik. They are all offensive OH. But player like E.Skowrońska should be defensive OH, because she can't handle all attack, when she has useless player next to her as Sassa is. When she was playing with Leys, it was better, because Leys has her level in attack and she didn't lose it and Skowrońska could take a breath, but now she can't, because Sassa in attack is D R A M A. Dąbrowa will have to sign some offensive OH in place of Sassa for next season. That's necessary.

But sorry Różycka isn't offensive OH. She is useless in everything, that's why i would say she is universal :lol:
    And Brinker I would say, she is universal OH, but she is weak player and Impel has a lot of money but they have even worse research than Dąbrowa. They defenitelly wrong created the team. Because of limit of foreigners, the team should leave Makare and they should bring some good spiker on OPP, because Kaczor is drama as well and Konieczna isn't stable. Impel has a lot of money and they took very average Brinker, please... with Brinker they want to win Polish Champion? That's ridiculous.

• A link where I can find last Polish Cup schedule, results and stats?

EVENT WEBSITE

Schedule is Terminarz, there you have diagram of games, clicking lightgrey highlighted areas you'll get access to details of each game, but stats called in polish "statystyki meczu" are available only for semifinals and final.

• FINAL stats
    Muszyna was a bit better in blocks and made less errors. Notice so high stats in Chemik's reception, especially positive. Werblińska was Chemi's leader and definitely deserved for MVP award. Bjelica scored also many times, but her stats isn't so good :whistle: And from Muszyna each player below 35% spike (except Sosnowska - 1/1)

• Turkish fans were complaining that Hanke uses many 2nd balls by herself,i wonder what their reaction will be to Maja,she used 11 balls :lol:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• When i heard that brinker transferred to wroclaw i was tototally against this while some users said it would be good for her cause she would lead the team.And now we see how perfect she is doing this :gone: Brinker had never been such kind of player,she just could be second option for attacking with good serving abilty.She is not young and she just wasted this season and its pity.Hope for next season she thinks more carefully.I think a german team suits her perfectly like dresdner , schweriner or any team plays in cl.
    Already thats another fact that i cant understand why german players play for italian or polish clubs instead of german ones when there isnt now such difference

• When i heard that brinker transferred to wroclaw i was tototally against this while some users said it would be good for her cause she would lead the team.And now we see how perfect she is doing this :gone: Brinker had never been such kind of player,she just could be second option for attacking with good serving abilty.She is not young and she just wasted this season and its pity.Hope for next season she thinks more carefully.I think a german team suits her perfectly like dresdner , schweriner or any team plays in cl.
    Already thats another fact that i cant understand why german players play for italian or polish clubs instead of german ones when there isnt now such difference

Sorry but I don't see the logic. Brinker has been a disappointment this season and once again she showed that she only plays well in NT. But what's the point of forever staying the "second option for attacking with good serving ability"? :aww: That can't be the goal of a player. I think she would even have problems to find a good team in Germany because she has been disappointing in Münster and Stuttgart as well, everybody had high expectations after she started playing well in NT around 2009-10 but she never managed to make that "next step" in her career.
    And just look at Heike Beier, she managed to be a leading player for her team in Polish league :whistle:

• For sure being the second option and just having good serving ability dont seem the goal of any volleyball player but she is totally this.Sometimes she has good blocks or some digs but she cant keep a good level regularly.So waiting to her being someone that she is not on real has no sense.But this season is not completly her fault also drickx has been playing under her level in belgium NT.About german leauge even her current level is enough for playing in dresdner.At least i dont think that would be worse than now.
    On heike you completly right so i dont have any words to say.Just hope she also keeps this level on NT. :roll:

• Upcoming Matches:

15.03 Atom Trefl Sopot - Beef Master Budowlani Łódź (1st) 17:00
    15.03 KPS Chemik Police - Siódemka SK Bank Legionovia Legionowo (1st) 18:00
    16.03 Atom Trefl Sopot - Beef Master Budowlani Łódź (2nd) 17:00
    16.03 Tauron Banimex MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza - BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała (1st) 17:00
    16.03 KPS Chemik Police - Siódemka SK Bank Legionovia Legionowo (2nd) 18:00
    17.03 Impel Wrocław - Polski Cukier Muszynianka Fakro Bank BPS Muszyna (1st) 19:00
    17.03 Tauron Banimex MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza - BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała (2nd) 20:00 - Polsat Sport
    18.03 Impel Wrocław - Polski Cukier Muszynianka Fakro Bank BPS Muszyna (2nd) 19:00

Matches on weekend won't be broadcasted because of Men's Polish Cup Finals.

• Today results:

Atom Trefl Sopot - Beef Master Budowlani Łódź 3-0 (25-15 25-16 25-21) MVP: Charlotte Leys report

Good game by Leys, Podolec and MBs. Meanwhile, it's hard to find any positive in performance by Budowlani :whistle:

Atom - Budowlani 1-0

KPS Chemik Police - Siódemka SK Bank Legionovia Legionowo 3-0 (25-17 25-18 25-18] MVP: Maja Ognjenovic report

Cuccarini even against weaker teams doesn't give chances for younger players like Grejman :down: anyway, MVP award should've been given to Kasia Mróz, not to Ognjenovic, Mróz got 18 points - 13/16 spikes + 5 blocks :thumbsup: good support was performance by Werblińska and Glinka. Bjelica got many points again, but her spiking efficiency is far from good level or at least decent :whistle: From Legionovia only light in tunnel was Lauren Barfield and maybe Karolina Szymańska, rest was horrible :call:

Chemik - Legionovia 1-0

• Sobolska was playing whole match :) the fact is that OH is crucial position in Chemik and it will be much more riskant to put Grejman for whole match than MB

• Sobolska was playing whole match :) the fact is that OH is crucial position in Chemik and it will be much more riskant to put Grejman for whole match than MB

Ok, but her game was almost like an empty mileage, comparing to excellent Mróz - 2/6 spikes + 1 block, fortunately she didn't spoil any serve ^^

• Today Results:

Atom Trefl Sopot - Beef Master Budowlani Łódź 3-0 (25-17 25-18 25-21) MVP: Izabela Bełcik report

Leys, Bełcik and Efimienko were the best, good sub by Hill. So many chances in Budowlani, hard to find positive again :down:

Atom - Budowlani 2-0

Tauron Banimex MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza - BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała 3-1 (25-20 21-25 25-19 25-21) MVP: Joanna Staniucha-Szczurek report

Spiking level here is so low, so even decent numbers by Szczurek or Adams didn't convince me at all :whistle: Sassa was susrpsingly good as sub. By Aluprof all hitter below 30% :what:

Tauron - Aluprof 1-0

KPS Chemik Police - Siódemka SK Bank Legionovia Legionowo 3-1 (26-28 25-18 25-15 25-16) MVP: Katarzyna Mróz report

Mróz again with really good stats - 9 blocks + 10/19 spikes :thumbup: Werblińska and Glinka only over 30%, but with many points, Bjelica was a weak link. From Legionovia the best were Jóźwicka and Tomsia.

Chemik - Legionovia 2-0

• Today Results:

Impel Wrocław - Polski Cukier Muszynianka Fakro Bank BPS Muszyna 3-0 (25-23 25-22 25-19) MVP: Katarzyna Mroczkowska report

Muszyna fought, having the biggest chance to win in first set, but lost game. Without Mroczkowska and good performance by MBs it would be so tough to win a game. Brinker and Kaczor were horrible, Bogumiła Pyziołek played as libero. From Muszyna the best were MBs and Kurnikowska as a sub.

Impel - Muszynianka 1-0

Tauron Banimex MKS Dąbrowa Górnicza - BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała 3-0 (25-14 25-15 25-23) MVP: Rachael Adams report

Stats from game are still not completed, but Horka, Beier and Ciasklewicz played so weakly again :down: On the other side leaders were Zaroślińska with Adams.

Tauron - Aluprof 2-0