Poland - PlusLiga 2013/2014

• I would blame Sebastian for the loss of 4th set. First he made a destructive double substitution (Bociek for Guma and Ferens for Ruciak), which cost the team one precious point at the critical point. After that rally was Konarski's serve, where ZAKSA lost two points in a row. However, I couldn't believe Swiderski didn't call a timeout until Resovia leveled the score and it was too late. I don't have the best impression with the judging on Resovia's court, but this time I didn't see too many problems.

I found the double substitution kind of funny because Mozdzonek is just too poor a setter, while Bociek, coming in for blocking, had no place to play since Witczak was the real opposite. ZAKSA did this substitution in both 4th and 5th set, both times they had wonderful opportunities of winning a point, and they failed both, due to Mozdzonek's setting. Maybe Swiderski wants to work more on this substitution strategy.

As much as I enjoy watching Wisniewski's spikings, I sincerely appreciate Witczak's efforts on the court today. He consistently performed fairly powerful on the right side, which definitely led to the victory along with Kooy's fierce left wing attacks.

ZAKSA lost at least 5 points to Konarski's serve in the 4th round, which triggers my worries about the national team. As I mentioned in several posts, receiving is ultimately the key factor determining where this team would end. In ZAKSA there're national team players (or NT level players) and they couldn't even survive Konarski's serves. Seriously, it was just Konarski, and in WCh they'll face teams with much stronger servers. I just couldn't imagine what will happen.

• So maybe it's high time to get rid of Kowal? Penchev should get more chances, as we can see Sovia needs beter 2nd OPP than Konarski :whistle:

I feel this is the perfect time to get rid of Kowal, but to be honest I don't really think it will happen as the owner trusts him a lot. Besides, this is his first failed season. I know Sovia have been underwhelming before, and a fair share of players were underperforming under him (Nowakowski being the most obvious shout here), but they still won consecutive championships. So I think it's fair to say that up to this point he was a reasonable success.
    IMO Kowal did start a very ambitious project this year but has been let down badly by two individuals - Konarski and Veres. The former turned out not good enough, while the latter has struggled for form big time. I think Veres has room for improvement and can still up his game, but he should be no more than a utility player, and certainly not someone you constantly rely on. Resovia desperately need 1-2 gamechangers.

• Penchev was a game changer when he was a starter in Poland. The problem is that like many Bulgarian players he lacks ambition. He doesn't have a plan to become the most succesful player in the world, he does not want to lead in a smaller team and make the small team win cups, he want the big team to carry him on its shoulders to victory. The problem is that Resovia management played dirty and signed couple of billion players after signing with Penchev and now he just lost one year from his life. I am actually glad that Sovia didn't win anything with the ethic of their management. And I am disappointed with Penchev who should have stayed in his old club and should have made more matches with 38 pts in 5 sets. He really doesn't have a strategy for future development.

• The problem is that Resovia management played dirty and signed couple of billion players after signing with Penchev and now he just lost one year from his life. I am actually glad that Sovia didn't win anything with the ethic of their management.

Woah. You're so out of order right here. There was absolutely nothing unethical about signing Penchev and by even suggesting that you make yourself look silly. It was his choice and his choice only. Again - it's not Polish clubs' objective to take extra care of Bulgarian internationals. 2 of our own prospects didn't make it either. It was a difficult season.

• Semifinal:

PGE Skra Bełchatów - Jastrzębski Węgiel 3-2 (25-23 17-25 23-25 25-17 15-11) MVP: Facundo Conte report

Skra was better in all elements, but not much. Pair Wlazły-Conte was a bit better than Łasko-Kubiak, moreover Skra had better contribution from other players. In some parts of game in last two sets we had Wlazły's serve show :whistle:

Skra - JW 1-0

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Places 5th-8th:

AZS Politechnika Warszawska - Cerrad Czarni Radom 3-0 (27-25 25-19 25-21) MVP: Paweł Adamajtis report

Paweł was just outstanding 8o 16/21 spikes - 76% + 3 blocks + 2 aces :thumbsup: next best scorer with Pawliński was Juraj Zatko with 9 points, including 4 aces and 3 blocks. From Czarni the best were Bołądź, Wachnik (but only as spiker) and Kooistra as sub. Rest played poorly.

Politechnika - Czarni 1-0

• Woah. You're so out of order right here. There was absolutely nothing unethical about signing Penchev and by even suggesting that you make yourself look silly. It was his choice and his choice only. Again - it's not Polish clubs' objective to take extra care of Bulgarian internationals. 2 of our own prospects didn't make it either. It was a difficult season.

When Resovia signed Penchev obviously he received some assurance he is a third player, otherwise no man with his mind would have signed. After him, they signed Veres. That is unethical. This is changing conditions of contract after signing of contract. Learn some law to understand why this is improper. If they did tell Penchev that he will be 4th choice and he signed, than the fault is his and he is obviously stupid but the second option is far less probable mathematically. I don't know any volleyball player who will go willingly even in the best club to become a fourth choice after he was succesful first choice in smaller club. Once they taste the game, they don't want to sit on the bench for whole year.

• After the strong season for Sole and the newly found shape of Conte, Argentina and their best coach are heading for medals. They will have a big clash with Serbia for that honour, while Bulgaria probably will just watch that with the loser mentality and lack of ambition of our new generation of players. Actually, since 70s every Bulgarian team had a loser mentality except for the Kaziyski - Nikolov - Konstantinov team and even they didn't realize their potential. Argentina if not stopped by Brazil and Russia can claim something valuable in the next three years. The other dark horse is Serbia - Anastasjevic and Ivovic are big, big stars, especially the latter who defeat Pavlov and company to give Paris european title in a season when everybody thought that Russia will claim all European cups.

• When Resovia signed Penchev obviously he received some assurance he is a third player, otherwise no man with his mind would have signed.

And you know this how? I'm genuinely interested, because it's bullshit. EVERYONE knew there's a place for at least one star player in Resovia and that they're gonna try and sign one, most likely an OH. Then the Konarski deal got confirmed and it became obvious. There's absolutely no place for assurances in any top, or even aspiring team. You need to fight for your spot. Bottom teams can afford to make such promises to keep their good players for longer. But not a national champion!

• And you know this how? I'm genuinely interested, because it's bullshit. EVERYONE knew there's a place for at least one star player in Resovia and that they're gonna try and sign one, most likely an OH. Then the Konarski deal got confirmed and it became obvious. There's absolutely no place for assurances in any top, or even aspiring team. You need to fight for your spot. Bottom teams can afford to make such promises to keep their good players for longer. But not a national champion!

This in any way does not contradict to what I have stated. No player would go with 3 other equals for 2 court places. Either he didn't know or he is mentally challenged. Please, be a manager of a team and go to sign a young player after great season as first choice and tell him that after him you will sign player who will be first choice by default so your young player would be fourth. Give him a 1 0000 000 euro per year. I doubt that any reasonable man would agree.

• This in any way does not contradict to what I have stated. No player would go with 3 other equals for 2 court places. Either he didn't know or he is mentally challenged.

Fabian Drzyzga, our supposed future national #1 setter, sits on the bench. In a WCH year. He was clearly signed with the intention of him taking over from Tichacek - didn't work out (yet?). But I'm sure no one had promised him a starting spot from the off, because it would be incredibly stupid. You don't do stuff like that on the highest level. Penchev signed, which means he was ready for a challenge and a fight. I still think he'll come good, it's just that he's least experienced from the lot and his team's been in a shitter of a position lately.

• Penchev was a game changer when he was a starter in Poland. The problem is that like many Bulgarian players he lacks ambition. He doesn't have a plan to become the most succesful player in the world, he does not want to lead in a smaller team and make the small team win cups, he want the big team to carry him on its shoulders to victory. The problem is that Resovia management played dirty and signed couple of billion players after signing with Penchev and now he just lost one year from his life. I am actually glad that Sovia didn't win anything with the ethic of their management. And I am disappointed with Penchev who should have stayed in his old club and should have made more matches with 38 pts in 5 sets. He really doesn't have a strategy for future development.

After the strong season for Sole and the newly found shape of Conte, Argentina and their best coach are heading for medals. They will have a big clash with Serbia for that honour, while Bulgaria probably will just watch that with the loser mentality and lack of ambition of our new generation of players. Actually, since 70s every Bulgarian team had a loser mentality except for the Kaziyski - Nikolov - Konstantinov team and even they didn't realize their potential. Argentina if not stopped by Brazil and Russia can claim something valuable in the next three years. The other dark horse is Serbia - Anastasjevic and Ivovic are big, big stars, especially the latter who defeat Pavlov and company to give Paris european title in a season when everybody thought that Russia will claim all European cups.

I don't even know what I expected...

• Semifinal: (3 wins)

PGE Skra Bełchatów - Jastrzębski Węgiel 3-0 (25-23 25-20 25-15) MVP: Nicolas Uriarte report

All Skra's players with nice % and quite equal nice sets' distribution by Uriarte who played much more smartly than yesterday. Conte came back to good shape after full recovery and now it pays off for Skra. Wlazły with 63% spike 8o maybe he sometimes behave like a drama queen, but we should consider him as OPP for NT, along with Bartman, Bociek and maybe Witczak (he deserves for it much more than Konarski :wacko: ) Meanwhile by JW only Łasko played on his usual level. The weakest link were OHs, especially Gierczyński, also Kubiak played below his level, during the match he was hit by Wlazły into face. JW didn't have any score block :what: I hope that JW will wake up at home :roll:

Skra - JW 2-0

• Today's match was such a drama, want to forget totally about 3rd set :aww: and I feel so so bad with this (since, you know, I support Jastrzębie) but I'll say it - I was sitting and admiring Skra playing like this... Seriously Antiga wants to end his career? He is so stupid :wacko: Still plays great, I will miss it so much. Conte & Wlazły were just WOW :obey: well, with a very helpful Uriarte's magic hands. Fully deserved MVP award. The guy is genius. Have to say that watching this I didn't have feelings that Jastrzębski plays shitty. Nah. Skra just played TOO DAMN GOOD. Hope Jastrzębie will take advantage in their home. And we will come back to Bełchatów. And then again could be super hard to beat Skra. If it gonna happen.

And btw. Kłos amuses me more and more :D

PS. Poor Alek ;( So much bad luck had Sovia. It would all look different with him.

• Lotos Trefl Gdańsk gets rid of Radosław Panas - they don't want to extend his contract - why I'm not surprised? :lol:

• Holy.... Well, that was awesome. I knew it's a good idea to keep my sig for a bit longer :P

Congratulations, Resovia! (3:2) :super:

• Resovia should use Nowakowski more. He could be main treat in attack :)

• ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle - Asseco Resovia Rzeszów 2-3 (25-16 27-25 23-25 22-25 10-15) MVP: Piotr Nowakowski report

ZAKSA could've won it 3-0 or 3-1 and lost it :mad: It was game dominated mostly by OPPs: Witczak with 32 points, while Konarski with 30. On the other hand Nowakowski did really good job in the middle of the net and was of main threats in Sovia. And what stats by Ruciak - 0/3 spikes playing whole game :rolll: ZAKSA's MBs should've contributed at least a little bit more :whistle:

ZAKSA - Resovia 2-1