Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• It was the same with Turkey yesterday, but I guess this is mainly because against Croatia's subs everyone looks good. If Turkey's and Poland's bench players had played against Croatia's starters they probably wouldn't have looked so good.

Were they all bench players? The quality was so bad that I could hardly recognise Polish players let alone Croats.

• I can say that I'm happy with our play...We come back after Poland lead +6. They started much better in second set and with Fabris in game We would won that set, same for third one.

So I can say that every team in pool A will need 100% against us.

And Karla Klaric suprised me how good She sub. Mira Topić in second set and in 3. She played good. :)

Everything is open for every team in our pool.

• Seriously, I don't get it. Do you guys see something special on Grbac? Because I don't notice anything positive about her :(
    I'd put Brcic as starter, though I really used to like Ana when she was playing for Perugia.

• Dutch team won against Belgium again, today 3:1. Belgium played without Dirickx yesterday, today she was on court. Dutch team with many substitutions today.

I wonder how Ilka Van de vyver will take over Dirickx's spot when she's done playing, she was expected to be a really good setter a few years ago but from what I've seen she's not really playing well in her club and not so convincing in NT either :(

Sad not to see Angie Bland in the roster, I think she's a good team player, if either Aelbrecht or Heyrman doesn't play well, she could replace IMO.

Belgium's weakness is simple. It's OH1. Rousseaux can be monster in some games but mostly not, Vandesteene is just a NO...They have good MBs, an experienced setter, a good passer like Leys and Van Hecke, actually one of the best OPPs in Europe and Courtois, also a good player although her club career hasn't been great...

• Yeah me to...I don't know what choaces are seeing in her.
    She is creative setter BUT to many mistakes, players can't attack so many time because of bad sets that she gives them.
    First Angelo and know Aksentijevic. Brcic is playing really good in Seria A and in NT...she need much more chance.

• Yes she played for Busto as Lloyd's replacement, not for too long though.

I think she's a lazy setter, okay, being tall could bring some disadvantages in terms of speed, but she's too much. Setters need to run around all the time especially if they don't get good receptions and from time to time she makes brainless sets. She has good connections with Milos but not with Poljak.

• 2nd match GER-ITA 1:4 (14-25, 27-29, 21-25, 27-25, 27-29)
    Brandt 14 points, Kozuch 13 points. German team better hope we don't have to play any close sets in Ankara because obviously we can't win them very often :aww:

Right after the match Koslowski announced the final roster, Pettke and Poll are cut so it is:

S: Apitz, Weiß
    OPP: Kozuch, Lippmann
    OH: Beier, Brinker, Geerties, Izquierdo
    MB: Fürst, Ssuschke-Voigt, Brandt, Silge
    L: Dürr, Thomsen

In the league Pettke plays much better than Silge lately, but Silge was in NT starting six in summer and is better in blocking and in attacking in front of the setter, probably that's why she made the cut and Pettke did not. Poll being out could be expected.

• Where was Weihenmaier? Acutally never asked that ..

• Before that Izquierdo was not needed. But i think Weihenmaier could be more useful than Izquierdo. Geerties and Beier have a good reception and the offensive OH could be her and Brinker. Izquierdo is too short and i dont think that she will replace anyone because of the reception or attack.

• Izquierdo did not play for NT in summer to recover some minor injuries and I think she is much more useful than Weihenmaier. She is solid both in reception and in attack and she is nearly the same height as Weihenmaier, just 2-3cm difference and Izquierdo jumps much better.

Overall I am very satisfied with the player choices for the tournament, I just would prefer Hippe as 2nd OPP but obviously right now other things are more important for her than NT.

• I can say that I'm happy with our play...We come back after Poland lead +6. They started much better in second set and with Fabris in game We would won that set, same for third one.

Yes, if not these weird things happening to Croatian NT they would be European champ... but how come they still didn't win anything? :cup: