2014 FIVB World League

• Did Iranian libero Zarif declare retirement last year after the World Grand Championship? He's back on court this weekend!

yes he did because of his daughter ! but they begged him to come back

• Kurek and Wlalzy are announced not joining the squad in Iran due to injury. Replacing Kurek is Ruciak.
    Alrighty then, good luck white and red.

Full roster:

Rozgrywający: Fabian Drzyzga, Łukasz Żygadło

Przyjmujący: Rafał Buszek, Mateusz Mika, Michał Ruciak, Michał Winiarski

Środkowi: Karol Kłos, Piotr Nowakowski, Andrzej Wrona

Atakujący: Grzegorz Bociek, Dawid Konarski

Libero: Paweł Zatorski

• Theoretically, yes. They have four more matches ahead, which give potentially 12 points, enough for catching up with Russia, who has 10 points more than Bulgaria..
    To allow Bulgaria in the finals, they have to beat Serbia twice next week with 6 points, and beat Russia twice the week after while USA must defeat Serbia again.

Wow, impossible is nothing for me but even with this attitude I didn't even dare to dream BUL is advancing to the final round :white: and your calculations made me maybe believe a bit more. Anyways, finally win, Junaci :thumbsup: should be 3:0, it looked pretty much good and such a certain victory could help rebuild this team. But I'm taking 3:2 with joy as well. Maaaan, you guys thrilled me with this winning set when there was already like 24:19 (?) for Americans. Skrimov with these serves :obey: Guys I hope it will be all for the better now. Still waiting for Tsetso to "regain" himself. 'Cause it's not Tsetso. Donnu. Aliens kidnapped him or sth.

Once again: TAYLOR SANDER :what: :sos: :woohoo: :cheesy: :obey: :flower: simply no words! Even though I still cheered for Junaci :gone:

I know it, but many people in Poland complained when they saw Mika on NT list and now he closed their mouths ^^

He did close my big mouth. 'Cause I was first who did scream like a madman. Honestly, now I'm bowing to the waist, dude left me speechless and I admit it: I was so effing wrong. Donnu what the next coaches Mika met did with him but it's not the same guy I remember from Plusliga. I hope they wopn't spoil him now as he's coming back to our league :P Fantastic. More and more he's convincing me and I would take it as a big injustice not consider him as one of the candidates to go on WCH. Truly. Ok, I'll go further. He HAS TO be with team on WCH.

Less enjoyable things: how come we lost to Brazil in Bydgoszcz? I mean c'mon, we always can lose, always can have worse day but for heaven's mercy 3:0? :what: Nah. I didn't watch the game and don't know what to think about it. As for the first match in Krakow. Everything's awesome. Match was awesome. Audience was awesome. The hall was out of this world. It's unforgivable that our guys won't play in Krakow during WCH :aww: This hall has Maracana alike potential. It's mindblowing what people can do in Spodek. Imagine what would they prepare for our players in hall like Krakow Arena, holy my... :cheesy: Proud of our new object. Looking forward to be there. And I wish all the teams playing there during WCH to have maybe not full but large audience.

• German squad, flying to Japan:

Setter: Sebastian Kühner (BR Volleys), Jan Zimmermann (VfB Friedrichshafen)
    Op: Marvin Prolingheuer (TV Ingersoll Bühl)
    OH: Björn Höhne (Maaseik/BEL), Tom Strohbach (Generali Haching), Dirk Westphal (Radom/POL), Ruben Schott (BR Volleys)
    MB: Philipp Collin (Tours/FRA), Michael Andrei (St-Nazaire/FRA), Tim Broshog (Maaseik/BEL), Jaromir Zachrich (swd powervolleys Düren)
    Libero: Ferdinand Tille (Generali Haching)

Even beating Japan will be a big task for this squad.

I am glad it will be over after this weekend. Imo Heynen is right, not wasting his main players in this competition. The preparation for Wch will already start on 21. July and playing a final 4 in Australia and possibly some days later the "final 6" in Italy would do more harm than good for the team.

• Hmm... not so sure about him, are we?

• Hmm... not so sure about him, are we?

8)
    Seriously, Heynen will probably take him to Poland as second setter, not as third opposite. As he hardly played in Berlin, he needs playing time as setter, whenever it is possible.......

• This is quite brilliant - Skrimov showed perfect serving skills - and lucky - this is the turn that Matt is at front middle, so this is the only turn that Matt is impossible to help receiving.
    You can see in the 3rd set and after, when Matt started to play outside, USA always had four receivers towards Skrimov's serve.

• The fact that they use 4 receivers against Skrimov shows the respect for his skills :)

• US stopped RUS in a 5-set match

Sander is world class I must say. Just WOW this little guy outclassed Russian defense

• You should also watch Taylor Crabb. That guy is as good as Sander IMHO. And there are other guys growing in the NCAA.

Sure will. Just nothing but pure admiration to Sander's talent fresh from collegiate stint. He has this perfect vertical leap, straight form and towers above and away from the blockers and then BOOM - drills it home! :-)

• Phenomenal match Russia - USA, very high quality with a lot of drama and matchpoints for both teams :)

P.S. Placi has to go, Bulgarian reception has never been so low from 2003- to now as we receive with two men and we get tons of aces in every match. The problem is who would come after him?

• Bulgaria in the weakest Team in Division I. I hope She will be eliminated to Div. II and France will come instead.

To think that FIVB wanted to give place to Japan in Div. I instead of Iran..

• Bulgaria in the weakest Team in Division I. I hope She will be eliminated to Div. II and France will come instead.

To think that FIVB wanted to give place to Japan in Div. I instead of Iran..

But we beat the strongest team as guests. Only Bugaria so far took more than 1 pts from USA.

• I will explain it simply: the players play much worse than in their clubs. Bulgaria is not weak team, Bulgaria plays weak volleyball at the moment.

• At the moment is very important now.

Someone will be relegated, Someone will come.

Results show who.