2015 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• i watched also Chemick - Yamamay..congrats to Yamamay!

weak game by Chemik....their serves were bad except a few ones by werblinska...setter maja was boring...but the main problem is Cuccairi's coaching and mentality..

• i always thought you were funny and here you are cracking me up again

i really wonder about your answer...you know there is still a possibilşty for fb to beat vb in the nt league..in that case...vb would lose the gold of Cl then gold of the turkish league,however fb with gold of the league...which one would be more succesfull then?.. moreover there is also turkish cup..imagine fb beat vb there too ... :lol: :thumbsup:

• well well well it's been a long time since i was here :D Congratulations to my incredible Maja and her team of course !! Finally, finally !! Honestly, I've never thought they would beat Vakifbank that confidently and they would play with them that freely and dynamically. They did great job, Jordan was also amazing and Bethania. I really hope they will make it tomorrow, even though Yama is also really strong and unpredictable team.

It could not be better if Eczaci and Maja win in my Poland :heart:

• I'm so sad.. Vakif lost today... Congrats to Vitra, THe Libero and the OH was so powerful today... Larson and De La Cruz really made a Solid Game, Maja was great too..

I'm a big fan of Sheilla Castro. And my opinion she was smart as usual.. and made a not good game like she does and Crucial Games, that's really surprised me.. I really think that Naz was not good today... She only could setter to OH ...

Sheilla have a contract of 2 years and i don't think that Vakif will waste too much money.. and She aready told that She wants to stay on Vakifbank in the next season.

In my opinion, Vakif doesn't have Outside Hitters to Kill the ball, Sonsirma it's an amazing player but she made a not great season... She was tired... Vakif's Season before that and in the NT Turkey just means Ozoy and Sonsirma...

Vasileva really doesn't was a Good Spiker... Costagrande was good in some games but was not good enough to Vakif... the position four was the big problem in my opinion for Vakif, in the two sides.

Vakif will need a better OH... In my opinion Sheilla is still a good player, but she cannot player alone, really.

• Basically Eczacı, Vakif and Fener are roughly on similar levels. The biggest obstacle for Fener is the coach abbondanza. As a coach unlike Guidetti and Caprara, he has very limited effect on game in progress. When game strategy needs changes through out the game he fails badly in that department. This ability is on high levels in Guidetti and Caprara.

Fener and Abbondanza should really part their ways.

Bu still Fener managed to beat Eczacı in both matches in Turkish League.

• Basically Eczacı, Vakif and Fener are roughly on similar levels. The biggest obstacle for Fener is the coach abbondanza. As a coach unlike Guidetti and Caprara, he has very limited effect on game in progress. When game strategy needs changes through out the game he fails badly in that department. This ability is on high levels in Guidetti and Caprara.

Fener and Abbondanza should really part their ways.

Bu still Fener managed to beat Eczacı in both matches in Turkish League.

I agree.

• i agree with that but he is the only tip of the iceberg. there are tons of problems with teams chemistry, reception, ground defense blocking structure etc etc i mean it is a complete mess

Well, all those aspects should be taken care of by the coach, so he is basically the entire iceberg :lol:
    Anyway, I understand what you meant: the fact that he's not effective during the match is not the only weakness of this team. Yes, I agree, but in the end, despite all the other problems that you have listed (which are totally real), Fener has not been that far from Ecza and Vaki and probably with some better adjustments during the games by Abbondanza his team would have been in Poland today.

• Well, all those aspects should be taken care of by the coach, so he is basically the entire iceberg :lol:
    Anyway, I understand what you meant: the fact that he's not effective during the match is not the only weakness of this team. Yes, I agree, but in the end, despite all the other problems that you have listed (which are totally real), Fener has not been that far from Ecza and Vaki and probably with some better adjustments during the games by Abbondanza his team would have been in Poland today.

Exactly this is all about coaching.

Being in FF is an other matter;
    One should not forget that cause of the competition system, in any case only one team can be FF Finalist, so each year it can be either Vakif, Ecz or Fener. So we can't really be sure who makes the final, it is only decided by 2 games for playoffs, and one semi-final game between these teams. So all I can care is if these teams are managed to their full potentials.

So here I think Fener is not managed properly to its full potentials, that is why we are discussing management and Abbondanza.

And a note:
    These teams have an interesting statistics between each other in Tr league.

Fener 2-0 against Ecz.
    Ecz 2-0 against Vakif.
    Vakif 2-0 against Fener.

So this is very very interesting!

• I'm surprised by the comments about Vakifbank. Today they lost against an amazing team. The only thing ECV needs is a creative setter and if they had that, nobody could get close to their level in the entire tournament.
    Today Vakifbank lost to the probable winner of this tournament and probably one of the best teams in the world. Moreover if the stupid rule was not there, I'm sure Vakifbank would come 2nd in the tournament. Those spikers that you people are calling bad are Vasileva, Costagrande and Gözde Sonsirma who have much better qualities than Havelkova, Marcon and Werblinska.
    Sheilla can be a smart, great opposite but her style does not match to Vakif at all. They are like a machine, like a destroyer and they need a powerful opposite that can fire the team. Brakocevic was excellent at that role, I think Centoni can fit there as well with her passion. But Sheilla is not a Vakifbank player with her style. Moreover they should really consider transferring Neriman Özsoy who is a much better attacker than Vasileva & Costagrande. Naz can create miracles with Gözde & Neriman duo.

Lastly, very big congrats to EcV. They really deserved to come here with all those investments and hard work. It's also nice to see that Vakifbank is not unbeatable any longer. Larson was the key player today and she might become MVP if she plays like this in the final too.

P.s. Vakifbank came up to here by beating both Fenerbahce and Dinamo Kazan who are probably one of the top 5 teams in Europe. It is so ignorant to underestimate these teams just because they could not make it to F4. :down:

• I was so wrong!!!!
    Busto surprise by wining over Chemik. And 3-0!!! It was really unexpected for me. But Chemik played really bad. A lot of mistake and poor gameplay. Maja was not in a good day, it was all on Maggie and Werblinska... She totaly forgot her middles... She let Busto the opportunity to anticipante their moves and put on a very good block/defense.

I didn't the the other match but it's great that for once we will have and other team than Vakif in the final. But I fear that Eczacibasi destroy Busto... Hope to be wrong again!

• I would love to see busto upset Ecv in the finals and then see Busto lose to Novara in the Italian league playoffs just to see a little controversy over what leagues are best.

Who would have guessed that the US NT would win the World Championship after not even qualifying for the Grand Prix. It just goes to show how close the top teams are to each other and how in a knock out round of play the team that can control their nerves and raise their level of play can overcome more talented opponents.

Defensively Busto has been superb but they just don't seem to have the firepower or the depth to compete against Ecv. Of course the same might have been said last year in the Brazil vs US match.

This is the best I've seen Larson play this year and the Larson Cruz duo was excellent. Now if they replaced Nesilan with someone like Hooker Ecv would have a run of CL gold.

Someone might as well take advantage of Hookers return to form because it certainly doesn't like like it will be Team USA.