Turkish League 2014/15

• I wanted to make an analysis of all the teams for this season but felt a bit lazy. So I will start the discussion with GsD and add some minor comments about other teams. Lets see what you guys think!

The starting six of GsD will most probably be: Gamze-Centoni, Melis-Özgenur, Meijners-Bosetti.
    This is a pretty average and young team. I guess we will see some really good matches and surprises from them together with really bad surprises considering their inexperience. Meijners and Centoni are as we know, Özgenur is an OK MB. Melis will be a big surprise to everyone since we did not really have chance to watch her regularly. The team in overall has a great serving potential. Not sure about Meijners since I did not watch her properly, but rest are good servers. C. Bosetti's performance will be a strong determinant for the team. It can be the season that she shines considering that her teammates are pretty young. Gamze is a creative setter that likes to set faster balls, so if C. Bosetti gets a good connection with her, we will watch a good team. I also think that there will be a great team spirit. However experience is important and only Centoni together with Nihan are experienced. The biggest problem in the team is a case of injury. There is no good subs for any of the positions. If Gamze is injured, then Nursevil will play. Subs for each player is Centoni-Mislina, Meijners&Bosetti-Ezgi&Ada, Melis&Özgenur-Asli&Su. There is a huge gap between starting six and the subs. Considering the budget of the team, still Im glad that more chances will be given to young players and I'm sure they will finish in top 6. It would be a great opportunity if they could sign with an experienced MB that could teach to the younger players though.

To me, the season's favorites are Fenerbahce and Eczacibasi. They both have great subs and made excellent transfers. Bosetti's injury will effect Fenerbahce but they still have Kristin and Meliha as options. If Meliha is used, then Lo Bianco can set. In Eczacibasi, it will be great to watch Larson-Esra, Asuman-Neslihan, Furst-Poljak six. I guess Larson and De La Cruz will play in shifts since there is a big gap between Busra and other MBs.

Vakifbank will make most people disappointed this season. Gözde is tired and she might be out with an injury anytime. Naz-Sheila, Gözde-Vasileva, Rasic-Kubra six is the best for them. Sheila is a black box these days. Her sub Ceren Kestirengöz is another black box. I won't be surprised to see Vasileva as an OPP and Costagrande as 2nd OH. However if Gözde gets injured, the team will suffer badly since the only way of replacing her is using Costagrande which means you have to give up from another foreign player.

These are only speculations, but I don't expect much from Vakifbank and GsD this season. Hope the competition between Eczacibasi & Fenerbahce will be good and I hope I will be wrong and we will see many interesting games. :box:

• i think Naz-Sheilla, Gözde-Vasileva,Rasiç-Kübra,Gizem really good roster can beat EcV or Fb..
    i also used to think like you (meatballs) and see Vb behind those two but after having seen Vasileva-Rasiç -Kübra's performance got that VB also is a real contender...Vasileva's reception didnt look bad in Turkey match. the service in Turkish league is really tough but if she can receive as in WcH then Gözde-Vasileva very good duo...Rasiç-Kübra too...in that case, VB doesnt need Sheila to collect 25 + points..Costagrande isnt a strong attacker anymore she will be a back up in tough matches.

• i think Naz-Sheilla, Gözde-Vasileva,Rasiç-Kübra,Gizem really good roster can beat EcV or Fb..
    i also used to think like you (meatballs) and see Vb behind those two but after having seen Vasileva-Rasiç -Kübra's performance got that VB also is a real contender...Vasileva's reception didnt look bad in Turkey match. the service in Turkish league is really tough but if she can receive as in WcH then Gözde-Vasileva very good duo...Rasiç-Kübra too...in that case, VB doesnt need Sheila to collect 25 + points..Costagrande isnt a strong attacker anymore she will be a back up in tough matches.

I agree. But what happens if Gözde gets injured? I don't think Guldeniz will be enough and if they replace her with Costagrande, then they have to give up one of the Rasic & Sheila. I guess Rasic will be out in that case. It's hard to speculate on injuries but I don't remember Gözde resting much in last 2 seasons and she has been complaining about a shoulder injury for a long time.

• I agree. But what happens if Gözde gets injured? I don't think Guldeniz will be enough and if they replace her with Costagrande, then they have to give up one of the Rasic & Sheila. I guess Rasic will be out in that case. It's hard to speculate on injuries but I don't remember Gözde resting much in last 2 seasons and she has been complaining about a shoulder injury for a long time.

possibility of an injury exists for every team...i generally dont like Güldeniz's attack but she played very well against Russia....Bahar also not bad..Bahar is a member of the NT..she is not Melis or Büşra..

• He question is how many chances De Kruijf will get... most likely she will be only used for CL. Her performance was dissapointing in WCH whereas both Rasic and Akman played a great tournament. Besides Sheilla is not strong enough right now especially if we put her next to Montaño.

I honestly don't really get Guidetti, transferring De Kruijf and saying goodbye to Fürst...I'm not interested in their personal conflicts but Robin is not even close to Chris in terms of blocks right now.

• He question is how many chances De Kruijf will get... most likely she will be only used for CL. Her performance was dissapointing in WCH whereas both Rasic and Akman played a great tournament. Besides Sheilla is not strong enough right now especially if we put her next to Montaño.

I honestly don't really get Guidetti, transferring De Kruijf and saying goodbye to Fürst...I'm not interested in their personal conflicts but Robin is not even close to Chris in terms of blocks right now.

i think they thought Bahar would leave for FB otherwise ,why would you transfer Robin,as you had already Rasiç,Kübra,Bahar ?

• That should have been a better choice for Bahar because she's no way comparable to both Akman and Rasic...perhaps she will only play in domestic league. If she moved to FB she would stay as the best turkish MB...

• That should have been a better choice for Bahar because she's no way comparable to both Akman and Rasic...perhaps she will only play in domestic league. If she moved to FB she would stay as the best turkish MB...

All I can say is, I am so glad that she is not transferred to GsD. Her inconsistency is painful to watch. Akman already is far over her. However considering what Furst commented recently that "Guidetti changed a lot...nobody in the team trusts him anymore", I guess we might see Bahar as starting over all those names. Hope Guidetti does not kill his own career.

• Guidetti`s plan is changed, when Bahar had stayed in Vakif. According to rumours Galatasaray tried to transfer her but then they gave up. Therefore she had to stay in Vakif. Both Bahar and Guidetti did not want to be in same team this season. Then he aimed to use Rasic-de Kruijf are for European Cup, Bahar-Rasic are for domestic league. They needed a MB who does slide attcaks. That`s why, de Kruijf was right name. But this summer Akman just shined too much and IMO she will play at European cup and domestic league witH Rasic.

• The MVP of youth WCh and Junior ECh of 1994-95 generation, Damla Çakıroğlu is now listed as she was born in 1993 http://tvf-web.azurewebsites.n…ails.aspx?TeamID=45&ID=10 :white: :what: Did Turkey also started to follow Dominican fashion or it is just a mistake from federations website ?(

• The MVP of youth WCh and Junior ECh of 1994-95 generation, Damla Çakıroğlu is now listed as she was born in 1993 http://tvf-web.azurewebsites.n…ails.aspx?TeamID=45&ID=10 :white: :what: Did Turkey also started to follow Dominican fashion or it is just a mistake from federations website ?(

Sinanoglu Aslihan was born in 1900 according to this page :whistle:

• Still too many questions about Montano :whistle:
    We still don't know the reason of her absence last year. Some say it was because of hepatitis , some say it was because of domestic violence :down: Why did Eczacıbaşı hint it may be because of doping?
    Rumor is she won't play on Tuesday against Vakıfbank . Fenerbahçe made very risky move with Montano transfer.

• Sinanoglu Aslihan was born in 1900 according to this page :whistle:

There are some unknown players whose birth year is written as 1900 however, the others are correct, except Damla's :rolleyes:

• Still too many questions about Montano :whistle:
    We still don't know the reason of her absence last year. Some say it was because of hepatitis , some say it was because of domestic violence :down: Why did Eczacıbaşı hint it may be because of doping?
    Rumor is she won't play on Tuesday against Vakıfbank . Fenerbahçe made very risky move with Montano transfer.

Montano is a black box after her injury/disease. GsD first froze her contract and the realized that she can come back quicker. Maybe she was pregnant and has a miscariage? I'm just speculating but Fenerbahce made a smart move by transferring Polen. Hope she will do well when Montano is not available.

About Damla, I guess CEV is more careful and picky than most other federations. So I hope it is just a simple entry error :whistle: