2015 FIVB World League

• He doesn't have any injury, the coach just didn't want to play him this weekend. But he's not alone, it's the same with all the other experienced OHs, so far we have been playing kids in that position.

Why? Is he going to prepare team for the world cup and look at world league as a training tournament?

• Why? Is he going to prepare team for the world cup and look at world league as a training tournament?

I have no idea, maybe the coach just wants to test as much new players as he can in competitive matches. I'm also suspecting Argentina will go with the full team to Pan American games and that will be the priority of this July.

• Strange times, the times when I see Russian team so hopeless and actually it's kind of heartbreaking ?( I don't think Voronkov will enjoy his job for a long...

Mika and Zatorski looked a bit like run out of energy. I wonder how long Kurek will keep his pace, I hope he can make it before guys we'll be finally back home. Our journey lasts so long and we still have some deadly games to play in Iran ahead :S
    About last matches, I think that it's still our strength that we have such reserves. Buszek proved his value, I'm still waiting for Bednorz to debut. Bieniek never stops amaze me, while Nowakowski annoys me somehow.
    And one thing really made me confused. It was so cool to see Gacek on court and I understood that substitution 'cause it totally wasn't Zatorski's day. Why did he come back then, if Gacek did much better this day? I put a lot of trust in Antiga's choices and decisions but this move was a failure for me. Because when I see Kubiak covering Zatorski something is just not right :huh: Ah, and speaking about Kubiak he should chill a bit. Just a little bit. To fight your corner and a team spirit is one thing, habitual arguing is another. And if we talk about impulsive players I really can't believe how much Kurek changed. He seems to be so different. Still a beast enjoying every single point scored but somehow he's calm and mature.

I saw you guys were discussing Iran's case here. I missed such a discussion! Don't want to open the closed topic but I wouldn't be myself not adding anything ;) I see everyone has a different opinion about who is and who isn't on a list of top teams. I think that it's actually good thing that we can't close this list and define its borders. The thing is today's volleyball provides us with a lot of changes and twists. Once you're at the top and suddenly you reach the bottom. Very masochistic thought but sometimes you should reach the bottom - comeback is more spectacular then. If Iran is among the best teams? I don't know, I wouldn't put any team there 'cause as for today I can't define what the "top" is. Maybe I'm not the biggest fan of Iranian team but for sure what they bring to worldwide volleyball is something like fantasia in everyday or exoticness in winter. Something what reminds me Argentina few years ago when they did catch up the best and kind of stays here, even if they don't play in "elite" until today. Simply, I'm glad they make the game even more exciting.

• Strange times, the times when I see Russian team so hopeless and actually it's kind of heartbreaking ?( I don't think Voronkov will enjoy his job for a long...

Mika and Zatorski looked a bit like run out of energy. I wonder how long Kurek will keep his pace, I hope he can make it before guys we'll be finally back home. Our journey lasts so long and we still have some deadly games to play in Iran ahead :S
    About last matches, I think that it's still our strength that we have such reserves. Buszek proved his value, I'm still waiting for Bednorz to debut. Bieniek never stops amaze me, while Nowakowski annoys me somehow.
    And one thing really made me confused. It was so cool to see Gacek on court and I understood that substitution 'cause it totally wasn't Zatorski's day. Why did he come back then, if Gacek did much better this day? I put a lot of trust in Antiga's choices and decisions but this move was a failure for me. Because when I see Kubiak covering Zatorski something is just not right :huh: Ah, and speaking about Kubiak he should chill a bit. Just a little bit. To fight your corner and a team spirit is one thing, habitual arguing is another. And if we talk about impulsive players I really can't believe how much Kurek changed. He seems to be so different. Still a beast enjoying every single point scored but somehow he's calm and mature.

I saw you guys were discussing Iran's case here. I missed such a discussion! Don't want to open the closed topic but I wouldn't be myself not adding anything ;) I see everyone has a different opinion about who is and who isn't on a list of top teams. I think that it's actually good thing that we can't close this list and define its borders. The thing is today's volleyball provides us with a lot of changes and twists. Once you're at the top and suddenly you reach the bottom. Very masochistic thought but sometimes you should reach the bottom - comeback is more spectacular then. If Iran is among the best teams? I don't know, I wouldn't put any team there 'cause as for today I can't define what the "top" is. Maybe I'm not the biggest fan of Iranian team but for sure what they bring to worldwide volleyball is something like fantasia in everyday or exoticness in winter. Something what reminds me Argentina few years ago when they did catch up the best and kind of stays here, even if they don't play in "elite" until today. Simply, I'm glad they make the game even more exciting.

FIVB stood strong before on this issue, but then waffled, "Iran had already been in Group 1, we can't penalize them, but we won't permit them in other events until the ban on women is lifted." This was just stupid. The final schedules had not even been set up last year, but the FIVB couldn't say, we can move one team up from Group 2 and then one up from Group 3, and then pick another country from one confederation. We're good to go for 2015.

Instead, we have this joke. Women going to the match, and then not being allowed in. FIVB needs to drop the hammer. Iran cannot go to Asian Championships and therefore cannot go to World Cup. I am saying this because Graca can see what has happened to Blatter at FIFA. Graca presidency looks shaky given the Brazilian newspapers and the reversion of the rules (net touching, wins being the first tiebreaker (why have match points then?, potential for 21 sets, etc.).

Iran has played well to get where they are in the World, but men in shorts will not tempt women from loving this sport and them wanting to see it in person at a high level.
    Additionally, the FIVB was just dumb to put Iran and the USA in the same group. I could understand Russia and USA (both high level teams and some Americans do play in Russia), but this was just asking for trouble. At least when it is at the World Championships or Olympics, it is through a draw or the serpentine system. But the FIVB actually selected to put them in the same group.

• If there is louder audience than a Polish one, it's for sure Iranian. Scary for the opponent to play there.

• Look what Mousavi is doing after block on Americans, he turns his head to face of blocked player vulgarly. They are not responding him, but imagine how Kubiak would respond. I worry what will happen in next week lol.

• Additionally, the FIVB was just dumb to put Iran and the USA in the same group. I could understand Russia and USA (both high level teams and some Americans do play in Russia), but this was just asking for trouble. At least when it is at the World Championships or Olympics, it is through a draw or the serpentine system. But the FIVB actually selected to put them in the same group.

What is the problem of putting Iran and USA in the same group? USA and Iran sports team have good relations, almost every year either Iran wrestling team travels to USA or USA travels to Iran, Two volleyball federations have good relations, too. and Americans had the kindest hosting to Iran and Iran tried to have special hosting for them.
    And sth about women's issue, eliminating Iran from world league and other tournaments is just awarding people who dont want women in and punishing ones (Iran Fedearation, Government and Iran's people) who wants women in and doesnt solve anything. Since the last year Federation and Government tried a lot to let women in but some hardliners made pressure and didn't let them, but I think little by little they will succeed to solve the issue.

• Wow! we finished last 3 matches with an ace! two by Ebadipour and 1 by Ghaemi. Now Azadi Stadium is waiting for Poland.

• Iran :love: Mousavi :obey: Top class team!

• Yes, and If my mom had a dick she would be my dad :rolleyes: We play a style of low error, Bulgaria has a more risky game, it's perfectly natural for you to have more errors (and even then we made 35, not that good either).

BTW we made more block than you :lol:

That's because you have better spiking technique

• Congrats to Iran for winning both matches 3:0.

While the USA team was considered to work like machines / robots by some peers on this forum, it clearly shows that this system doesn’t function properly under high decibel :-) Apart from serving mistakes, the whole team made quite many low-level mistakes.

Marouf again showed a world-class performance, with a superb game reading capability. Ebadipour had an off game in offense in the first two sets of the game (0/7 in attack). For a long time, Marouf didn’t set to him but it’s covered very well by his smart distribution to the other four spikers. After Ebadipour finally converted a point in a transitional play, Marouf started setting to him again, rebuilding the confidence of this youngest player on court. Ebadipour eventually scored in all the 5 attempts afterwards.

• http://www.sportowefakty.pl/si…w-grozacych-rozlewem-krwi

Use google translator with your own language. I think it's important because it's news from Iran that there are protests from Islamic Hezbollah groups they are against "prositutes at volleyball stadiums". They threats before match with USA there will be blood if women (called prostitutes) will be allowed to enter into stadiums.

Hi,
    It's not "Prostitutes", Just 'Women". All Women indeed!
    And that's what I call SHAMEFUL.
    Most Iranians are against these groups' approaches. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

• What is the problem of putting Iran and USA in the same group? USA and Iran sports team have good relations, almost every year either Iran wrestling team travels to USA or USA travels to Iran, Two volleyball federations have good relations, too. and Americans had the kindest hosting to Iran and Iran tried to have special hosting for them.
    And sth about women's issue, eliminating Iran from world league and other tournaments is just awarding people who dont want women in and punishing ones (Iran Fedearation, Government and Iran's people) who wants women in and doesnt solve anything. Since the last year Federation and Government tried a lot to let women in but some hardliners made pressure and didn't let them, but I think little by little they will succeed to solve the issue.

Hi,
    Moreover, it's not just because Team USA was in Iran. Had it been any other team, the same would've happened.

We are all doing our best to stop such actions. It'll all be over soon, I hope.

• Most Iranians are against these groups' approaches. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Wish you guys all luck on earth to put those people in their place. Hopefully sooner than later and in an unbloody way......

This weekend team USA has been put to earth quite heavily. If they take this as a test for (maybe) playing Brazil in Rio this could still turn out to be a valuable experience. 8)

• Just in some forgotten land, the finalists of group III are being unveiled.
    Montenegro tops group F and advances as expected.
    Greece failed to bring the uncertainty to the last minute. Since they had too many 5-set games, they lost the top position after losing two sets. Tzourits didn't rescue the team. And what upsets me the most is I don't think I could see Dima Filippov for quite a long time since he's out of JW now. He's not a outstanding player but he really has some great personality. I like a lot his posts on FB and instagram.
    Later today, a decisive game will take place between Egypt and Espana.

• Wish you guys all luck on earth to put those people in their place. Hopefully sooner than later and in an unbloody way......

This weekend team USA has been put to earth quite heavily. If they take this as a test for (maybe) playing Brazil in Rio this could still turn out to be a valuable experience. 8)

My dear, wishing is so easy and that's all. Such terrorist groups feel like they are unpunished. What their goverment did? They did what these bastards want.
    Anyway, it's not my business... But i really worry because who knows what will happen in next week when next NT will come there. I hope it will be ok and this situation will not grow.