Men's World Championship 2018

• What an act of losing one’s mind at match point

In Le Goff's defense, the path of the ball was distracted by the net after he had already started his dive. That made him look so very stupid, receiving with his head/face instead of the arms. But there really was no time to adjust his movements anymore, that's why I feel sorry for him. It looked much more embarassing than it actually was...

• I feel sorry for France but they seemed to always disappoint in major tournaments. Serbia played really well despite Tillie's best efforts. I would have thought France will win but something just didn't work for them.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• After all, it wasnt so bad for Russia to finish third in their first round pool. If they keep the rhythm, they could beat Italy. However, even losing that match, they could be one of the two top second teams if they win 3-0 against Finland (as expected).

Indeed, it was a tight match. France even scored more points (110-109). They should beat Poland and Argentina in a clearly way and also expect other results from the other pools. It looks like an impossible mission to go to Turin now.

Le Goff's mistake looks stupid. However, he was the only one who could have received that ball. It was out of Tillie's reach. Btw, Uros was clever for changing the last serve into a float one.

• can someone please explain in detail what happened to Le Goff? didn't have streaming tonight ;(;(;(

Kovacevic played a short drop serve and Le Goff went to receive it, but it touched the top of the net and changed its direction a bit, so the ball ended up on Le Goff's head instead of on his arms and was out of play from there.

• In Le Goff's defense, the path of the ball was distracted by the net after he had already started his dive. That made him look so very stupid, receiving with his head/face instead of the arms. But there really was no time to adjust his movements anymore, that's why I feel sorry for him. It looked much more embarassing than it actually was...

I think it’s the nerve of the match point makes him such a wrong judgement. The sense of positioning is totally off, and it’s not a too tricky serve.

Something is wrong with this team. They want to play better, but they keep underperforming.

• We would not talk about "what happened" if just Rossard hadn't spiked out at match point. But whatever, french team just has to get more diverse again. if it comes down to an opposite battle, no way serbia can loose this. Atanasijevich clearly is in beast mode.....

indeed, France started choking even before that. They were leading like 4 points in the middle of the set, and then it got leveled in 1-2 rotations.

• Bulgaria with a blazing start. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Iran... :aww:

Also, does anyone have a link for SRB-FRA? I missed the match and am curious to watch the tie-break, especially that last point.

• Marouf and Ghafour can't block any bulgarian wing spikers.

#FreeBritney