2016 Olympic Games - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

• Why there is no any new face in Brasil team since 2012? They are going to keep the same players till the 2020?

Brazil kept four people from the 2012 Olympic squad, just as many as Russia did. I realise they all may very much look alike as they wear the same uniform and have similar names, but those are different people.
    Smartly enough, Rezende tried Lucarelli back in 2012 (WL) and then made him a starter in 2013. The starters of Rus NT back then - Spriri, Sivo, Ilinykh - who were these people and where are they now? :wavy:

Spriri, Sivo, Ilinykh

The first spent too much time on the bench in Zenit and not in good shape. In next season he will play in other team, where he will get more playing time. As for Sivoghelez, he got injury and didn't get much time to recover. Ilynykh after some fight incident in some night club spent some time in hospital, so also was not candidate in NT

• I can't believe there isn't a schedule yet :aww:

Actually there is: http://rio2016.fivb.com/en/volleyball/schedule#/d20160814

But the QF of the second/third aren't defined, I guess that means there will be a sorting among them (I don't know if it's possible to have a 2nd vs a 2nd and a 3rd vs 3rd...).
    Until the sorting no way to know which teams can/can't meet in the semis.

What do you mean by sorting? One of A2 or A3 will play vs. one of B2 and B3 (means it is possible A2 plays vs. B2 but not A3). Also the order of matches will be determined by the draw, means they will determine by draw that A2 (if wins quarter) will play vs who in the semis.
    This procedure had been done in London and Beijing too, in both A2 faced B3 but the order of quarters was different in each.

• After Group Phase FIVB will do draw, probably in toilet where won't be cameras, and after that We will know if Teams will play against each Other again or won't.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Yes, but that's what Scarpetta and Arman tried to tell. It differs from this one http://www.fivb.org/Photos/VB_M_ScheduleRio2016.pdf For sure they corrected the days of week. Then why not the hours of the last two matches if they are not right? I'm not sayin' it's okay now. I'm just confused.

According to this, the women's third place match starts at 1pm, not 9.30am as you claim http://rio2016.fivb.com/en/volleyball/schedule#/d20160806

Finally I think Ive realized the problem of that posted schedule here. It is from Media Guide which usually is prepared some days or months before the tournament and is not very precise. The website's schedule seems more correct. I think first they had wanted to hold Men's final the same time as women's then realized it is after the closing ceremony so changed it.

• What do you mean by sorting? One of A2 or A3 will play vs. one of B2 and B3 (means it is possible A2 plays vs. B2 but not A3). Also the order of matches will be determined by the draw, means they will determine by draw that A2 (if wins quarter) will play vs who in the semis.
    This procedure had been done in London and Beijing too, in both A2 faced B3 but the order of quarters was different in each.

I think I simply used the wrong english terms... I thought 'sort' was the same as 'draw' :aww:
    What I meant is that the case/fortune will decide how the seconds and the thirds will cross each others, and it won't necessarily be A2 vs B3 and A3 vs B2.

About the semis, I had already noticed when I posted the link that the QFs winners crossing has been already scheduled (match 31 vs 32 and 33 vs 34).
    Now all we can say is that 1st/4th won't meet the other 1st/4th in the semi. But we need to wait for the final pools ranking and the draw to understand who will play in which QF (and in case of victory, SF).

• Ok, I watched the replay of Italy-Brazil match;
    -At the start many players looked unhappy and tense (Especially Lucas and Osmany)
    - I think Lucas hates Mauricio.
    -Italy served very well in this match.In contrast Brazil had a poor serving game.
    - Brazil's reception was absolutely disastrous
    - Zaytsev played better than I thought .Great performance
    - Juantorena was no where near his best. There was a problem with his jumping .Maybe it is because of fatigue. It will be so stupid to force him play against Canada.
    - I'm expecting one bad performance from Italy and one big performance from Juantorena . I don't know in what stage this will happen .
    - I believe tomorrow Brazil will be out

• The first spent too much time on the bench in Zenit and not in good shape. In next season he will play in other team, where he will get more playing time. As for Sivoghelez, he got injury and didn't get much time to recover. Ilynykh after some fight incident in some night club spent some time in hospital, so also was not candidate in NT

I'm aware about the glorious careers of the three, thank you. The question I'm trying to ask is somewhat different though: wasn't it kind of clear, back in 2013, that none of this trio is ever - let me stress this - ever going to be a starter at the OG? One of them can serve, the other one can spike and the remaining one can receive. We can be mega-skeptical about Rezende's style and approach and mega-critical about Brazil NT overall but one has to admit that they were thinking ahead. Brazil is definitely not the dream-team they used to be some ten years ago but at the same time they are not plagued now by the presence of raw inexperienced players at the OG. Think now about Klyuka, Volkov D, Bakun, Kobzar making their debut in the NT say a year ago...

• Bernardinho called him.

-" It was a very short conversation. He talked about the injury of Mauricio (Souza) and said he counted on me, at the time I did not even care to know if it was until Mauricio recovers or whatever, at the time came all the hurt I felt when I was cut from the team. He did not care about me,it was 11 years of NT and they did not give him a change to play the OG at Brazil, he felt like they should have taken him to the World League and then evaluate him. and with one day left he gets a phone call, and with what face would he show up there next day, it does not work like that, he said he`s a man and not a boy."

He said Dani Lins supported him and he made the right decison. I dont agree,, for me he acted like a little boy and not a man.

Here`s the link with the whole story.
    http://globoesporte.globo.com/…-2016-faltou-carinho.html

also Bernando said after the loss to Italy that he wish he had a player with experience, a player like Murilo when things like that happens, but he has none right now.

• Ok, I watched the replay of Italy-Brazil match;

Juantorena was no where near his best. There was a problem with his jumping .Maybe it is because of fatigue. It will be so stupid to force him play against Canada.

Agree, but he was very usefull in digging

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Wow, Brazil vs. France is going to be massive :white: I am tempted to stay awake for this. Sleep is overrated. :teach:

Lets see what Canada can do tonight. Apart from their match vs. USA, they haven't really impressed so far. But still they can repeat what Germany did at WCH14 which is performing in the most important moments and taking the opportunity when its there.

Italy`s approach to this match will be interesting but they very much deserved this comfortable position with a great tournament so far :obey:

• Brazil on 2nd or 3rd place after group phase- Opponent from Group B will be for sure.

Only Canada and Brazil between 2nd and 3rd place can open door to play against each Other once again in Q.