Turkish League 2016/2017

• Results of First Matches of the Playoff Quarterfinals :

Beşiktaş - Vakıfbank : 2-3 stats
    it was a good match.Beşiktaş's youngsters played a good match.if Belgian could have played better Beşiktaş could have won.Beşiktaş was leading 12-8 at tie break but failed
    Beşiktaş made 18 blocks :!: Yasemin Güveli 8 blocks Zehra Güneş 5 Blocks.Vakıf's Zhu played a good match.

Çanakkale - Eczacıbaşı Vitra : 1-3 stats
    i couldnt watch this match. Boşkoviç played a good game .Larson and Hande helped.Çanakkale's players couldnt help Mia Jerkov.

Halkbank - Fenerbahçe : 2-3 stats
    Natalia should have played her best game.Eda made 22 points (9 blocks).if KYK didnt return Halkbank could have won.KYK won crucial points
    i liked the match.Polen helped the team.Salas made many mistakes.She was good at single blocks

• btw..Beylikdüzü Voleybol Ihtisas beat Ilbank and promoted to Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi as the champion of second division(voleybol 1.ligi)..Ilbank and Beylikdüzü were already promoted to VVSL.Beylikdüzü beat Ilbank 3-1 in the last match.

• Besiktas has been very unlucky this season. On paper, they looked like a very good team with 2 star Belgian nationals. However now when you look at the stats, W-L ratio of two Belgians is often lower than 2, even in minuses. They would have a much better season with 2 other foreigners, especially with a more reliable opposite than Van Hecke. I'm very happy that this youth team project worked out very well though, it is an excellent example for other teams in the league, investing on close to retirement local players.

If you go back a few pages ,we already talked about Lise, and we all agreed she was having a good season. Against weak-mid team she scored around 20plus, and against the Top4 she scored at least double-digits. She has had a few bad games, but that is ok, they all do once in a while.
    They would not even make the playoffs if was not for her, Rousseaux was not great in the first Leg , but in the 2nd leg she played better.
    In this quaterfinal match, the rest of the team played well, but unfortunately that has not been the case throughout the whole season, if they had played like yesterday and helped Lise a bit more during the whole season they could have finished better than 7th.

I`m not sure which stats you checking, but here you can check the official stats of every single match and you can see Lise numbers, and see that very often she carried the team.

http://tvf-web.dataproject.com…ID=61&PID=49&type=LegList

• If you go back a few pages ,we already talked about Lise, and we all agreed she was having a good season. Against weak-mid team she scored around 20plus, and against the Top4 she scored at least double-digits. She has had a few bad games, but that is ok, they all do once in a while.
    They would not even make the playoffs if was not for her, Rousseaux was not great in the first Leg , but in the 2nd leg she played better.
    In this quaterfinal match, the rest of the team played well, but unfortunately that has not been the case throughout the whole season, if they had played like yesterday and helped Lise a bit more during the whole season they could have finished better than 7th.

I`m not sure which stats you checking, but here you can check the official stats of every single match and you can see Lise numbers, and see that very often she carried the team.

http://tvf-web.dataproject.com…ID=61&PID=49&type=LegList

The difference between Lise & Rousseux and others in the team is experience. Lise & Rousseux are paid maybe 5-10 times more than those young players and they are transferred to carry the team which in my opinion they didnt. We are looking at the same stats but looking at different numbers I guess??! Having double digits is not a good indicator to say a player did well. I would personally look at 2 things: W-L ratio and attacking percentage for opposites. As you may notice, her W-L ratio is around or lower than 5 (in average 7.2), except when Besiktas played against the 4 lowest ranked teams in the league: Seramiksan, Idmanocagi, Sariyer and Nilufer. Besides, she attacked with 36% throughout the season.

Other opposites from the league for example:
    Joyce Da Silva: W-L ratio average is 12.8, attacking % is 46%
    Nadia Centoni: W-L ratio average is 9, attacking % is 42%
    Meryem Boz: W-L ratio average is 8.7, attacking % is 41.2 %

Some very good opposites have low W-L ratio too but then they attack over 45% in overall, like Boskovic or Slöetjes.
    The list goes on. The most important problem here is, Lise has one of the lowest attacking % among the opposites in the league.

• I have only recently followed Turkish League as I have been following Brazil Superliga all along. In my personal opinion, Turkish League is more competitive since the bug clubs are neck to neck to each other. There is no clear winner to expect when Vakifbank, Fenerbahce, Eczacibasi, Galatasaray, etc go head on court. But in Superliga, as this season shows, Rexona is still the favorite. There might be some upset here and there like Minas is getting better since Jaque and Destinee Hooker are playing much better, but all in all, Rexona is still the big favorite.

I just wanna say I am surprised at how Natalia play on the Turkish league. I think she is playing much better than she ever did in Brasil Superliga, even better during her stay in Rexona. I think she owes it to Coach Rezende for making her a phenomenal player as she is now. She carried Rexona on her back during the final 2 season she was there.

And Nootsara is always a sweetheart on court. Fenerbahce is so lucky to have 2 amazing setters o their team. Nootsara is playing very well with her fast offense that click right away with Kim as both of these Asian superstars are familiar with playing fast tempo ball like they always do in their home country.

Also I have a newly-found respect towards Eda Erdem. She plays her captain role very well and she is a phenomenal blocker. I think she is definitely one of the best (like Top 3) middle blockers in the world right now.

I just don't understand Eczacibasi. They have the dream-team line-up and yet they are not there on top of the standing. I don't know what happened since I don't follow the league earlier. This is like Osasco back when they have the Olympic all-star line-up with Sheilla, Fe Garay, Thaisa, Jaque, Adenizia, Fabiola, Camila Brait.

My favorite is Fenerbahce.

• thansk for your nice words, akitoakie

yes,Natalia is getting better and better.her performance against Halkbank should be her best preformance in TL so far
    Eda Erdem Dündar is both a good attacker(slider) and blocker