Olympic Games - 2016 | 8 | 6

• terrorism is not state sponsored. if it is, then it's no brainer to ban muslims from that state. and russian doping is, allegedly. huge distinction.
    and the whole ban all muslim argument is about security over fairness. since you can't vet all the muslims, you have to choose either security or fairness.
    hard choice, indeed. but it's not like choosing security is crazy.

• What will be with Sochi case?

I read IOC will retest Russians but after 2 years ? They want to do Them tests again?

• Anyone know why Serbia hasn't released their roster for RIO? I mean, Russia, I can understand, but Serbia? It's really annoying.

• Anyone know why Serbia hasn't released their roster for RIO? I mean, Russia, I can understand, but Serbia? It's really annoying.

As Joana said, Terzic usually waits until the last minute.

However, I think 11 players are secure:
    Ognjenovic, Zivkovic
    Boskovic, Brakocevic
    Mihajlovic, Nikolic, Malesevic
    Rasic, Stevanovic, Veljkovic
    S. Popovic

As for the libero position, I beileve it will be Popovic because in WGP she got more playing time than Cebic and IMO did a better job. The question is who will be the 12th player, and I'm still hoping it will be Malagurski. I hope the reason for her large absence in WGP was to allow her to get in the best shape without having to play and travel much, because Malagurski in good shape is a much bigger asset to the team than Busa could ever be. OTOH Malagurski was considered as OPP by Terzic for most of the summer and if they insist on that, she won't get past Boskovic and Brakocevic, which again opens the door for Busa :S

• I think he is considering Busa as a better passer than both Mihajlovic and Nikolic, so maybe he wants another good passer except Malesevic.. I am not saying I agree with that, but I think this is the way Terzic is seeing things

• It looks like Kosheleva can''t play due to her past doping history. Is that true?

• Which doping history?

I don't know, that's why I'm asking. It is something I read somewhere else. But I don't know the source... :lol:

• this is very confusing... what will fivb do?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016…io-russia-ban-doping.html

Olympics officials said on Sunday that all Russian athletes are considered tainted by the country’s state-run doping scheme and that they are not allowed to compete in the coming Rio Games unless they are able to convince individual sports federations that they are innocent.

The International Olympic Committee said in a statement, issued after a meeting of its executive board, that “all Russian athletes seeking entry to the Olympic Games Rio 2016 are considered to be affected by a system subverting and manipulating the anti-doping system.”

The decision will be interpreted different ways. Antidoping officials and athletes wanted Olympics officials to completely bar the entire Russian delegation. Anything short of that, they said, would be too soft in the face of widespread doping.

• This is getting political. :down: :down:

• Thank you. IMO, I think Busa will make it to RIO. I don't think that Malagurski could ever get back in shape.

• I don't think that Malagurski could ever get back in shape.

Don't say that ;( She was great in 2011, when she already had serious knee and shoulder injuries past her, but that next ACL injury in World Cup 2011 totally killed her. Maybe she won't be as good as in 2011 again, but if she can reach 80% of that she'll still be a lot better than Busa IMO.

• Maybe this is a really stupid question, but...

If the issue is that the Russian Federation was HIDING doping, what does leaving it up to individual federations do? Meaning, how would the FIVB know which players have a history of using meldonium/other drugs? Or does FIVB have a record?

THANKS! :)

• Maybe this is a really stupid question, but...

If the issue is that the Russian Federation was HIDING doping, what does leaving it up to individual federations do? Meaning, how would the FIVB know which players have a history of using meldonium/other drugs? Or does FIVB have a record?

THANKS! :)

In the doping report is written that 8 indoor and 2 beach players were doped between 2012-2015 but not caught because their samples were hidden (if I understood it right). FIVB requested the names of the guilty players from WADA (I think), so when they get them they'll know more. And if it was between 2012-2015, meldonium was not illegal, so the players must have taken something else.

• In the doping report is written that 8 indoor and 2 beach players were doped between 2012-2015 but not caught because their samples were hidden (if I understood it right). FIVB requested the names of the guilty players from WADA (I think), so when they get them they'll know more. And if it was between 2012-2015, meldonium was not illegal, so the players must have taken something else.

Yep! That's right.

Also, the IOC will not allow any Russian athlete that already tested positive for doping in the past to be on Rio 2016, even if this athlete has faced previous punishments.

• In the doping report is written that 8 indoor and 2 beach players were doped between 2012-2015 but not caught because their samples were hidden (if I understood it right). FIVB requested the names of the guilty players from WADA (I think), so when they get them they'll know more. And if it was between 2012-2015, meldonium was not illegal, so the players must have taken something else.

OOHH Okay-- now I understand. Thanks, Matthias. :D

• i hope we can watch Russian female volleybal team with a healthy Kosheleva in Rio..i hope what has been telling is not true though that decision seems to serve turkey's female team as it's going to rio instead..russia had simply deserved rio's ticket