Italy – Superlega 2017/2018

• It is third time in a row that a team outside of the playoffs picture wins the right to play the CEV challenge cup.

Both finalists were not even in the top 8 of the regular season.

Monza won the european ticket. I was hoping Padova takes it but they didn't let Randazo play it seems. They also didn't even let Nelli play in the entireity of the match and came in a substitute. I wonder why?

Monza will still probably be the best team in the tournament haha. Only games that were competitive for Ravenna were the semis/finals against Portugal and Turkey.

• Some of those sets to 4 are nasty. I hope Russell survives the club season without an injury. We need him for the VNL and the obvious WCH. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I hope nothing serious happened to Podrascanin.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Medei doesn't know how to use Sander. He's better in the backrow than in the frontrow. That set should've gone to Lube but Medei's choices continue to confound.

#FreeBritney

• Perugia out of system and on the break point has just Zaytsev and Russell. When you can't set a single good ball to pos. 4 and play just 2 pipes in 3 sets, there's no way you can win.

Christenson is playing amazing in the other hand.

• Stankovic! :obey:

I hate that Perugia is losing but he's been amazing in this game.

#FreeBritney

• How to lose a match:
    -no pipe
    -no setting for the middles
    -bad setting to pos. 4
    -going to Atanasijevic on the break points

De Cecco managed to do it all in this match.

There's a reason why Bruninho is the strongest setter in the world, no matter De Cecco is way more talented on the pure setting skills: the brazilian is the soul of the team, the leader and never loses his mind along a match.

We didn't see the 2 serial chokers the whole season, but both Atanasijevic and De Cecco came out in the last matches...

• Monza will still probably be the best team in the tournament haha. Only games that were competitive for Ravenna were the semis/finals against Portugal and Turkey.

Belogorie Belgorod won the right to play in that tournament so unless they rescind their ticket to a less able russian team. it's going to be tough for Monza if they don't build a stronger team or keep some of the players they have to maintain fluidity in the team.

It's also possible Resovia or Jastrzebski will play in the challenge cup so Poland is going to be extra difficult next year(if they play, they usually don't care about the challenge cup).

#FreeBritney

• Micah had one of the best games I've seen from a setter this entire season. When he is on, he is incredible. That running one-foot set to Stankovic at the end of the fourth... :obey:

• - Grebennikov showed emotions other than fake smile CHECK
    - Christenson SERVED AND BLOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHECK
    - Stankovic, a player who is always in shadow of Podrascanin, remained us he is better captain than Podrascanin CHECK
    - Juantorena remembered he is technically the best Cuban player ever . CHECK
    - Sokolov showed how physically strong he is (Podrascanin position) CHECK
    Victory was inevitable for Lube under this conditions.

For me when the opposite teams level rises to best, Zaytsev disappears as an OH. He should continue as an OPP. Even the extraordinary effort of Italian media can't save the situation