Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2018/2019

• THY played good that last set vs EczV, much better then their other opponents who overpowered them like crazy.

Oh and btw my predictions:

FB 3-2 GS (I expect Galatasaray to finally show something this time)

Aydin 2-3 VakifBank

Beylikduzu 3-1 Canakkale

Halkbank 1-3 Karayollari

• Fenerbahce - Galatasara 3:0

Aydin - Vakifbank 1:3

Beylikduzu - Canakkale 3:0

Halkbank - Karayollari 1:3

Nilufer - Besiktas 1:3

Good luck

Volleyball is one of the most interactive sports going. It is a game of intuition. Imagination. Improvisation. But most of all, of reciprocity. Of teamwork. There is no way to freelance in volleyball. :serve:

• The first set was a blowout, but THY played better in the 2nd and 3rd set.

What's matter with Gamze's setting? If she still plays on this level, ECZ will have trouble when facing strong teams in CL.

• In 6 matches thus far in this season, Eczacibasi lost only 1 set.

• First match where the Big 3 played the whole match. Despite the impressive set win ratio thus far, Eczacibasi is not quite as strong as the record would have you believe. Setter is still a big liability, and I'm worried about Italian teams in CL, and their star-studded rosters.

• Can someone explain all those Korean fans? Have they come all the way from Korea just to watch Kim, or are they people living in Turkey?

• Now you can see how much is setter important for team to have chemistry and to perform on high level.

Even with such starts in their team Gamze is not performing well... She is not bad but I expect better game for her.

• Gamze I think is doing fine. Nothing special of course and she still needs to work on her chemistry with the team as everyone is saying but she's doing an OK job. You don't beat Vakifbank and Fenerbahce easily if your setter is doing a bad job.

• Can someone explain all those Korean fans? Have they come all the way from Korea just to watch Kim, or are they people living in Turkey?

I'm guessing the first, or Turkey has a huge secret Korean minority which nobody is yet aware of :lol:

• Gamze I think is doing fine. Nothing special of course and she still needs to work on her chemistry with the team as everyone is saying but she's doing an OK job. You don't beat Vakifbank and Fenerbahce easily if your setter is doing a bad job.

I agree, I think her sets are not a beauty to watch in Eczaci yet, her connection indeed needs to improve drastically. But she's doing her job running the team, she seems to set to the right players at right times usually. Indeed I do miss watching classic Gamze but I believe she's getting there slowly.

They are mostly local Korean who live in Turkey, but there are also some die-hard fans flying to Turkey to support their idol. When KYK played for a Chinese club in Shanghai last year. Some of her loyal fans flew to Shanghai watching her game.

• Eczacı keeps winning...i thought Gamze played a good match in total..her sets to Tijana were good. also were not bad to the others,except a few positions. sure she should keep improving her connection not to be "the scapegoat" of the team..you know its a kind of invisible rule : when you play amongst some star players, you will be the first one to blame at firts case if some things dont go well..Motta should let Ezgi play at times so that she can also have some harmony with her teammates, it might be needed in case of a probable injury etc..

KYK wasnt efficient today though some Korean supporters came in the gym to root for her. She must play much better than that against better teams.

THY played better after first set..setter Özge needs to improve her connection..libero Derin should pass much better. i thought OPP Aneta did a good job..i wonder how the coach will use Nikolic in the current picture...Ruseva is a must for defense, Enright for reception..so how ?

• on tomorrow's matches :

Fenerbahçe - Galatasaray : Fener is the fav..i hope Gala can come to its senses with this match..i wonder how their reception will look like if Bricio or Vargas serves in..Meryem will have to play a good match,Hande too..first of all, Nursevil or Çağla will have to play a good match..i just say one word : fight

Aydın - Vakıfbank . i hope Aydın can play a good match..they have to receive and serve very well to stand a chance against Vakıf.

Beylikdüzü - Çanakkale..i dont know what Çanakkale will do after their perf. at round 4..im guessing Beylikdüzü wont have much difficulty finalizing it in favor of itself

Halkbank - Karayolları..the pointer favors Karayolları..ive been puzzeled by Giel's perf..so far

Nilüfer - Beşiktaş..Beşiktaş seems to be close to winning...Nilüfer should get rid of "weak team" position right through this match

• I don't think Gamze's sets to Tijana were particularly better than those to other players, it's just that Tijana can kill out-of-system and less-than-ideal balls best of all teammates. It's true that Kim played worse than her last 2 games, but Gamze's connection with her was arguable worst, and she truly send her many junk balls.

The truly frightening thing is that Eczacibasi is not playing anything close to their potential, and they have still only lost only 1 set in 6 games (admittedly, helped by some mental breakdowns by Fener in 1st and 3rd sets). If they improve their level, I think there is even a chance of repeating the historic 2012-2013 season of Vakif.

• as i said ...she must be aware that she will be the first player to blame at first "stumble" and this must be putting on her shoulder an extra pressure..she needs time,Eczacı needs time too

btw..im sticking to it that her sets to Tijana were good high balls with a good/ convenient timing..i felt that way at least :lol:

• Is there a place where we can check a setter's stats in Turkish league? I'd like to see Gamze's stats, esp. her stats of running sets and still sets. So I can compare her rankings with other setters in Turkish league.

• Is there a place where we can check a setter's stats in Turkish league? I'd like to see Gamze's stats, esp. her stats of running sets and still sets. So I can compare her rankings with other setters in Turkish league.

maybe this...setter=pasör in turkish...urfort. setter stats arent seen detailed that way

http://tvf-web.dataproject.com/Statistics.aspx?ID=31&PID=69

http://tvf-web.dataproject.com…cs.aspx?ID=31&PID=69&mn=5

Obviously so early in the season, some setters that played really short may seem better then the others statistically.

Edit: though I have to admit I'm never a big fan of setter stats...