CEV Champions League 2019

• Despite Novara is the clear favourite in Stuttgart, it can get anything but easy for them to win there. But of course it depends on the shape of both teams; remember how much damage Schwerin did to Conegliano and Scandicci at pool stage.

I think if Egonu has a couple of normal days at work, Novara will prevail rather unthreatend. I mean, Novara hasnt impressed a lot seen over the season as a whole, but when it has truly come down to it, such as during the final four in Coppa Italia, we have seen an entirely different version of the them. Sure, if they show up something even remotely resembling of last weekends performance against Chieri things might be rough, but I wouldnt bet on it 2 happen.

• I never doubted, that Novara is the clear favourite and it is highly likely, that they will prevail against Stuttgart in the quarters. But Stuttgart is a better team than Budowlani Lodz, Cannes and Minsk, which were the opponents of Novara in the pool stage (and Novara shares this view) and playing at home Stuttgart is never easy to play. To keep them down completely, you have to play like VakifBank did at last in sets two and three. And generally speaking, Italian teams doesn't like very much the way German teams play, the latter having the additional advantage to be fully familiar to the Mikasa, while Novara like the other Italian teams has to change from Molten to Mikasa and back all the time...

• The bookmakers have rather similar quotes for VakifBank in Moscow as for Novara in Stuttgart, by the way. And the only thing I want to express is, that it seems highly unlikely to me, that Novara will win today in three sets AND win all of them easily.

• Unfortunately setters make a big impact on the game but they don't win a match all by themselves. In my opinion, there is a big gap between the wing spikers of Imoco and Eczacibasi. Almost everyone on Eczacibasi can hit a high ball and they don't rely on perfect receives, since their both setters have been underperforming this season anyway. On the other side, Imoco needs perfect receives, hope that Wolosz will deliver a fast and good match. Their best shot is, Eczacibasi being a relatively weak team from the serve line this year. I am sure Motta will use both Guldeniz & Meliha, at least to ruin Imoco's plans at some rotations. Imoco's clear advantage is their middles, but what can middles do when your receiving is all around the place? Here it will be a big surprise to me if Eczacibasi loses actually.

Fenerbahce has been one of the hard to predict teams this season. That's mostly because they are so error prone and shoot their own foot. However, the only players of Scandicci that bring a question mark to me for this match are Haak and Adenizia. If Haak delivers well with few errors and if Adenizia consistently blocks Vargas, Scandicci might get an easy win. Though I don't think this will be the case. I expect at least a 4 sets match here.

• Bookmakers update

Odd on Novara saw a huge drop btw from 1.20 -> 1.08 an odd of 1.08 would mean that the bookmakers expect Novara to win 93%.

Obviously this is by a flawed system but just stating this all.

Other Then that VakifBank saw also a drop and are more favorites now from 1.20 -> 1.16

Bookmakers expect VakifBank to win 86%.

Eczacıbaşı on the other hand are less favorites now: from 1.44 -> 1.57

Win probability = 56% vs Conegliano's 44%

Scandicci is super slightly the favorite with 1.80 vs 1.90 Fenerbahçe.

Bookmakers expect Scandicci to win 54% but Fenerbahçe to win 53% LOL = 107%? Ok...?:lol:

As expected the matches we spoke of are close bookies except EczV to win and Scandicci to win at home slightly. Though I except also all matches odds will still change expect Novara x Stuttgart.

• btw at first I put except instead of expect everywhere. Corrected quickly as I know grammatical/spelling errors hurt some people deeply and put their families life in danger! All :thumbup:<3

• I know I shouldnt pay for it but I payed for EuroVolleyTV, at least it works.

Though having ads on a premium subscription is unacceptable tbh:whistle::down:

• Stuttgart if they focus on having better reception then Novara anything can happen, but they have been struggling.

They play pretty good now in set 2

• Carlini is disappointing, as usual:roll: Where are her stans?:rolleyes:

I'. watching from second set and Carlini literally can't do anything with this reception and Barbolini put Plak to fix it. Tragic as him.

I mean She is playing stabile game but not creative at all, not using MB in important times...going save with Egonu but again I wouldn't be surprise that this is Barbolini "plan"

• Picci legend:super:

And Egonu is showing everyone that She is few steps ahead of everyone in this game.