Trash Can Thread: All Volleyball related discussions

• I dont know where to put this... but it seems scummy or at least unfair (to me anyways).

In the Swiss playoffs, there are no postponements.

NUC has four players testing positive for covid so they cant play this match (or potentially the next)...

so instead of their opponent (Dudingen) receiving wins for these matches (as they are able to play...) NUC advances to the next round as they lead the best of five series (2-1)....

terrible for Dudingen imo.... who are the team who can actually play.

• Is there any significant difference of performance between U21 & U23 and U17 & U19? And can someone who is 16 yo plays for all tournament?

you can play up age levels, but you cant compete in lower age tournament during that year if you do. (I believe)

Yes. At least in the USA it would be. U18 are athletes who haven't attended any university.... while U19 would have a whole year of NCAA experience. U18 and U17 might not, at least here anyways.

• you can play up age levels, but you cant compete in lower age tournament during that year if you do. (I believe)

nah, that's not a thing anymore. last year Michieletto (player from Italy) played VNL, Tokyo, ECH and then the U21 WCH.

• Poland had a libero (Łyduch) and middle blocker (Stambrowska) who played both U-20 and U-18 championship

• This is a white whale issue for me :rolll:

For Asia anyway, they only recently got it in sync where the winners of a given year's Continental Asian U17 YOUTH Championship could compete in the following year's FIVB U18 YOUTH World Championship

It used to be that the Continentals were U18 so that the players who won that tournament couldn't compete in the following year's FIVB U18 World Championship because they would be too old

• oh really? Hm

maybe it’s just a U20 to U-18 rule… I could’ve sworn there was a Russian or Serbian player eligible for both, but was at the U20s

Uzelac wasn't eligible to play at u18 WCH, because she played both VNL and WCH u20 and rule said that you can't play more than 2 age category in one year. But for example, an year before (2020 season) she played at both EuroVolley's (u17, u19).

• Uzelac wasn't eligible to play at u18 WCH, because she played both VNL and WCH u20 and rule said that you can't play more than 2 age category in one year. But for example, an year before (2020 season) she played at both EuroVolley's (u17, u19).

I dont think this rule really exist. Naz played 3 age group level in the same year

• I dont think this rule really exist. Naz played 3 age group level in the same year

I mean it's really isn't matter of think. The rule exist, and because of that rule Uzelac didn't play the WCH u18 in Mexico last year. Also Veljkovic played several categories in the same year (tbh i don't know it is 2 or 3) but that was like 15 years ago, lot of time for rules to change. Even serbian federation didn't know for this rule, so they fired the coach after he accused them for missworking (of course everything happened much more subtly, this is just my "malicious" interpretation).

https://www.ossrb.org/kadetkin…meksiko-17-septembra.html

It's on serbian, but first paragraph after title, text in red, few pictures and "Izjava" (statements) talk about it.

• I mean it's really isn't matter of think. The rule exist, and because of that rule Uzelac didn't play the WCH u18 in Mexico last year. Also Veljkovic played several categories in the same year (tbh i don't know it is 2 or 3) but that was like 15 years ago, lot of time for rules to change. Even serbian federation didn't know for this rule, so they fired the coach after he accused them for missworking (of course everything happened much more subtly, this is just my "malicious" interpretation).

https://www.ossrb.org/kadetkin…meksiko-17-septembra.html

It's on serbian, but first paragraph after title, text in red, few pictures and "Izjava" (statements) talk about it.

I should have said, it didn't exist before but it sounds like a new rule they implemented. I dont think it is necessary though, I think youngsters should be allowed to play as many tournaments they can. Most of the time when they play with older generation, they are bench players anyways