Italy- Superlega 2018/2019

• Giannelli's setting to his middle blockers can be off when the ball is passed too quick to his position. He have to change it up to become more unpredictable like dumping the ball or set the opposite a shorter but higher ball.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• Let's see if Monza can end Perugia's unbeaten Superlega streak.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Monza is playing well but the serving of Leon is just godlike. If they can take on the pressure with either their reception or serve, they can win this match.

The ukrainian lefty OH Oleh Plotnitskiy is one of my favorite young players in Superlega and he's doing so well giving serve pressure against Perugia.

#FreeBritney

• Monza match point but Leon on serve.

Edit: Leon serving fault and Monza wins. Congratulations to everyone. :obey:

#FreeBritney

• Monza won a big game. Monza's monster blocks were amazing. They shut down Leon three times in set 5. DeCecoo is kind of conservative in set 5. He did not even pass the ball to Lanza once. Atanasijevic also did not get the ball since he got blocked once.

This is probably the worst game Leon has played in Superlega so far.

• Monza does a good job on blocking Leon

De Cecco is always like that. Once he finds a go-to person, he'll overuse it.

Plotnitskiy was also a main factor for the win in the tiebreak. His serve cause chaos in Perugia's reception and however great Leon is, the block was set up perfectly against him as De Cecco avoided Lanza and Atanasijevic during out of system moments.

They made it!:thumbup:

Monza is a great team. It's probably the fifth strongest club in Superlega on paper because their two OHs can rival even Trento's Kovacevic and Russell duo and they have a good opposite but only missing on Orduna because of the height.

I hope they win the european challenge cup if they're not able to take any of the domestic silverware. They have the quality and even Buchegger is still out. I wonder if he can still make it for this season? Monza would have two good opposites in their roster which can be scary for any team facing them for the coppa italia.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• This game shows Leon is still a human being, not a god. Leon is the reason why Perugia lost set 5. He got blocked three times with 2 serve errors, 1 reception error and 1 spike error. I don't blame DeCecoo. When Leon was with Kazan. Butko also passes all the balls to Leon in set 5. But today Perugia were unlucky when they face Monza's monster blocks.

Monza is a strong team, with great attacking lines and power serves. Remember Lube almost lost set 5 last time when they played against Monza.

• Monza is a great team. It's probably the fifth strongest club in Superlega on paper because their two OHs can rival even Trento's Kovacevic and Russell duo and they have a good opposite but only missing on Orduna because of the height.

I hope they win the european challenge cup if they're not able to take any of the domestic silverware. They have the quality and even Buchegger is still out. I wonder if he can still make it for this season? Monza would have two good opposites in their roster which can be scary for any team facing them for the coppa italia.

I'm very impressed by their preformance so far. I think they have great chance to win the title of challenge cup. If they face Trento in the quater-final of play-off, they might have a chance to enter the semis. Let's see what they can achieve in this season.

• This game shows Leon is still a human being, not a god. Leon is the reason why Perugia lost set 5. He got blocked three times with 2 serve errors, 1 reception error and 1 spike error. I don't blame DeCecoo. When Leon was with Kazan. Butko also passes all the balls to Leon in set 5. But today Perugia were unlucky when they face Monza's monster blocks.

Monza is a strong team, with great attacking lines and power serves. Remember Lube almost lost set 5 last time when they played against Monza.

Butko have Mikhailov who is as good as Leon.

Atanasijevic is still not able to outperform Leon and Lanza is not an Anderson alternative while Perugia doesn't have the highest block in the world just like the Zenit Kazan.

Perugia's other advantage besides Leon is De Cecco who have a good understanding with his middle blockers something Butko isn't but if he can't perform to expectations then Perugia is not a guaranteed winner for all the match they play.

#FreeBritney

• Butko have Mikhailov who is as good as Leon.

I don't think Maxim could be close to Leon's level, even though they are in different positions. Here are two important games.

In 2017-18 Russian League final, game 2, Kazan 3:2 St. Petersburg. In set 5, Leon got 8 points out of 15. Both maxim and matt almost got no balls from Butko. That's exactly what DeCecoo did today - passing all the balls to Leon in tie-break.

In 2017-18 CL final, Kazan 3:2 Lube. In set 5, When Kazan was down 7:11, Leon became the hero who saved Kazan, while Maxim only got 1 shot after then (if my memory serves well).

Leon could have an attacking PT% = 60+% in 7 games in a row, which I don't see anyone else could accomplish. As an OH, Leon's stats are even better than a top class OPP.

• In 2017-18 Russian League final, game 2, Kazan 3:2 St. Petersburg. In set 5, Leon got 8 points out of 15. Both maxim and matt almost got no balls from Butko. That's exactly what DeCecoo did today - passing all the balls to Leon in tie-break.

In 2017-18 CL final, Kazan 3:2 Lube. In set 5, When Kazan was down 7:11, Leon became the hero who saved Kazan, while Maxim only got 1 shot after then (if my memory serves well).

Leon could have an attacking PT% = 60+% in 7 games in a row, which I don't see anyone else could accomplish. As an OH, Leon's stats are even better than a top class OPP.

Thank you! I thought I was the only one :) Leon was the reason I could never fully enjoy Zenit's game and I never got fond of the mechanical setting to him when it mattered the most. He was also the reason I called them Leonit Kazan :D The guy is insanely good, no question about that, but he made every teammate or tactic redundant. Sometimes it worked for Zenit and you could see their teamwork but I have an unpopular opinion that often Zenit were not the best team in the world but just had the best player in the world (Zenit were the best team last year, for instance, because Lube, although practically on par, lost everything they could have).

I am sorry to read that it happened again in Perugia's match vs. Monza. But I guess we'll just have to get used to it. Perugia fans probably won't mind :) Still, credits due where credits due, Zenit had a great team alongside Leon. Perugia, on the other hand, have more "holes" in the roster, so let's see how that will work in the long run.

• I don't know if Russell can play in the next matches. Lorenzetti rested him for CEV cup and I think van Garderen will be the starter until he recovers from his physical problem after the world club championship.

#FreeBritney

• hello, does anyone know where Holt is?

He is still with Modena, recovering from Vertigo disease.

• So Russell plays but still clearly not at his best.

Ravenna is having problems with their reception, serve faults and pos 4/pipe offense perhaps due to the length of Trento blockers and their undersized OH. So far it's Rychlicki vs Trento for the first set.

#FreeBritney

• Milano and Padova takes the first set from Lube and Perugia.

Juantorena scored nothing. Don't know what happened yet as I am only browsing the livescore page of lvc.

#FreeBritney

• Vettori at pos 4 is killing Trento.:white:

#FreeBritney