Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2018-2019

• I'm watching the first PFU v Gifu match. Nice to see Gifu on a real broadcast. They have some good players. OH Kino Yoshii looks very promising, and at 172cm hits that sweet spot between 171cm and 173cm. They have a tall setter. I don't see how PFU swept them 3–0 twice in a row. Gifu is a better team, which disproves the theory that a team's W-L record is a measure of how good they are

• JT/Toray Set 2 is up. Here is a bad dive:

She didn't get the pancake because her priority was protecting herself from the floor

• Golden Set is up:

• I want to give a shout out to the two girl team who called the JT/Toray match. I can't understand a word they say (beyond "ah no" and "Hai") but the enthusiasm they bring is exhilarating. I wish I knew who they are. They've been a delight all season. I've marked all the matches I've downloaded for repeat viewings with a 'gg' if they called it because I know it will be more fun :heart:

• Not to keep picking on the girl but Misaki Tanaka got called twice for a double touch in that Golden Set.

I don't know how all these numbers add up but this looks pretty bad as far as JT making errors

TA JT

• Let's give a shout out to Toray Libero Rena Mizusugi on her birthday today. Three short months ago she helped her High School Team win the championship. Today she is the starting libero in the V.League Finals--on her birthday! That's got to make for some feel good conversation at family get togethers :rose:

• So far Toray looks out-matched. Foluke is a problem. Rika Nomoto is perspiring a lot. Risa Shinnabe all of a sudden has a brutal serve.

• This not pretty. Nanami Seki has been replaced by Misaki Shirai. LOL on that, but Seki was looking a little defeated. Looking defeated or feeling defeated is against the code, Nanami. Cut it out.

Hisamitsu 25–21, 25–13 Toray. But it's not over. Toray is good at being down 0–2.

• I think about a year ago I blurted out concern that Yuki and Risa were getting old. My bad.

Toray has their first lead of the match 16–14 at the second TTO set 3.

Kurogo's reception is shaky. Mayu Ishikawa scored a couple points from the right side of the court.

• How poetic. The live stream died at 24–24 :wall:

Toray played better in the third set but Hisamitsu are closers. It's hard to beat closers.

• ...and my stream died at 24 even. 😐

you're not alone :gone:

• 3rd: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27M-mpSvXEQ

I'm so grateful for that youtuber who's posted almost every match of the season in good quality. I really wonder how they've escaped, or not feared, the crackdown on posting V.League videos. Could it be that they are actually in cahoots with DAZN, and if there is going to be bootleg videos posted they want them to be good quality? :drink:

Kind of a shame this first match wasn't very exciting. Like last year's Hisamitsu v JT match.

• This Final match must be playing in a new/different arena. The lighting and production values are quite a bit different from regular season games. Skin tones are different, and either the arena is warmer or the cameras are displaying perspiration in new and profound ways.

• The V.League announced the 2018-19 All-Star Squads in untranslatable .pngs :wall:

• 2019 V.League Women Division 1 All Stars

Western Conference - Team V.Lea
    Eastern Conference - Team Chiba-kun
    Head Coach: Asako Tajimi (Toyota Auto Body)
    Asst. Coach: Uchida Yakuko (Toyota Auto Body)
    Head Coach: Koichiro Kanno (Toray)
    Asst. Coach: Tomoko Yoshihara (JT)
    Setter
    Haruka Miyashita (Okayama) Fan Pick
    Momoko Higane (Toyota Auto Body) V-League

Middle Blocker
    Mai Yamaguchi (Okayama) Fan Pick
    Nana Iwasaka (Hisamitsu) Fan Pick
    Nanami Inoue (Toray) V.League
    Erika Araki (Toyota Auto Body) V.League

Outside Hitter
    Yuki Ishii (Hisamitsu) Fan Pick
    Megumi Kurihara (JT) Fan Pick
    Risa Shinnabe (Hisamitsu) Fan Pick
    Ai Kurogo (Toray) V.League
    Mizuki Tanaka (JT) V.League
    Jana Kulan (Toray ) V.League

Libero
    Aki Maruyama (Okayama) Fan Pick
    Mako Obata (JT) V.League
    Setter
    Miya Sato (Hitachi) Fan Pick
    Airi Tahara (Denso) V.League

Middle Blocker
    Kyōko Aoyagi (Saitama Ageo) Fan Pick
    Haruyo Shimamura (NEC) Fan Pick
    Riho Ōtake (Denso) V.League
    Mai Irisawa (Hitachi) V.League

Outside Hitter
    Sarina Koga (NEC) Fan Pick
    Yukiko Ebata (PFU) Fan Pick
    Mizuki Yanagita (NEC) Fan Pick
    Miyu Kubota (Hitachi) V.League
    Yurie Nabeya (Denso) V.League
    Rina Hiratani (KUROBE) V.League

Libero
    Sayaka Iwasaki (NEC) Fan Pick
    Akane Yamagishi (Saitama Ageo) V.League

2018-19 V.LEAGUE All-Star Game will be held in the Urayasu City Sports Park Gymnasium, Chiba Prefecture on Saturday April 20, 2019

"For each team of "Team Buiri" "Team Cheever-kun", each seven by the results of fan voting (outside hitter three people, middle blocker 2 people, setter 1 person, libero 1 people) are elected, further V-League recommendation players of each seven one team 14 people plus".