FIVB World Cup 2019 - Sept. 14 to 29, Japan

• Absolutely LOVE watching this new-look Srbija squad. Definitely not as talented without Boskovic, Mihajlovic, Rasic, Ognjenovic, etc, but they are so scrappy and play excellent fundamental volleyball. These girls deserve a lot of credit and the notion that Srbija are dependent on only a few players can be put to bed after this tournament! They are far deeper and more talented than many give them credit for!

• When Serbia was taking the 3rd set I thought "this is just going to prolong the agony" :) but I'll be darned. Way to go Serbia!

• What a win.....:dance4:

Mirkovic was really good and she used the middles as much as she could, Mina Popovic (13 kills) and Aleksic (10 kills) were awesome. Milenkovic received really well....Pusic played amazing defense... and Bjelica <3 what a freaking beast.

Brazil, Netherlands and Russia better watch out..... Serbia could easily end yo winning a bronze medal.

• Didn't know Bjelica is 27. Was she a main OP before Bosko came along?

• What an epic battle between the ECV titans at last! SRB made a great comeback to reassert its authority over NED 3:2.

Just when every spectator thought the match was gone to the Dutch favour, the Slavic girls made great bounce-back --later Bjelica called it "Wake Up" in the post-match interview-- to take the match in five eventually.

NED v SRB: 2:3 (25-18, 25-23,19-25,24-26,9-15).

Not sure it's a great mistake by the Dutch coaching team or what, Sloetjes was left out cold on the side of court at the end of the decisive set #4.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• With the addition of two crucial points earned from a strong team like NED at today's match, the SRB B team comfortably positions the team at the upper half!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• That is misleading, there are 4 teams in the top 6 that haven't finished this round yet. RUS definitely overtake and Brazil is likely if they can get 2 sets off of the USA (or win)

• no, she’s not. i meant how they miss her...

sitenoise wrote:

Oh! She's back?

Got it. I had to go away from my computer for a bit. Who won that second set?

• Didn't know Bjelica is 27. Was she a main OP before Bosko came along?

in 2011-2014 Serbia had one of the best OPP in the world, Jovana Brakocevic. She was just good as Boskovic and played for Vakifbank. Bjelica was her backup at the 2011 World Cup, but she did not make the roster to the 2012 Olympics

At 2014 WCH, Boskovic was just 17 years old. She had never played for the senior team before. Terzic not only took Boskovic to the WCH, but he also put Boskovic in the starting line up and kept Brakocevic on the bench.

After that Brakocevic got pissed and said she would never play for the NT again....she got married and had a baby.

Bjelica played 2015 World Cup as backup.

But in 2016....Brakocevic decided to return and she went to Rio was backup....

Bjelica always had one (2) of the very best in front of her....

Bjelica always had one (2) of the very best in front of her....

that’s gotta be tough. What’s her Club?

• That is misleading, there are 4 teams in the top 6 that haven't finished this round yet. RUS definitely overtake and Brazil is likely if they can get 2 sets off of the USA (or win)

Not really! RUS will take out DOM to gain the full pts, but can BRA really give good fight to USA after the team's poor performance against strong teams like NED? I just don't believe it. Thus SRB team's position is not much affected atm.

• Not really! RUS will take out DOM to gain the full pts, but can BRA really give good fight to USA after the team's poor performance against strong teams like NED? I just don't believe it. Thus SRB team's position is not much affected atm.

I think (and hope) Brazil can give the USA a good fight

• Bjelica played in France this past season (Before that she has played in Brazil, Turkey, Poland). This upcoming season she will returning to Osasco (Brazil) where she played for them 2 seasons ago.

Sometimes during WGP Bjelica played as starter (I remember Serbia-China in 2013 when she scored almost 30 points) but Serbia had also Sanja Malagurski who was tried as OH/Opp many times but cut before each important competition.