Brazil - Women's Superliga 2019/2020

• Thaisa would never sign back in a club that almost killed her career. I'm glad she's getting back in her good form, I don't think she'll ever be back to her peak when she's the no. 1 MB in the world, but at her best at this moment she's still easily the best MB in Brazil, and in the Top 10 in the world. Did she retire from NT? or is she still in the pipeline for Tokyo 2020?

What did Eczacıbaşı do to her?:what::white:

• What did Eczacıbaşı do to her?:what::white:

Eczacibasi forced her to play when she needed knee surgery. They gave her painkillers before each game. Don't you remember that drama?

• Eczacibasi forced her to play when she needed knee surgery. They gave her painkillers before each game. Don't you remember that drama?

Noone can force someone to play while injured, a player with an average IQ would know that she should say no in the case that she has a serious ongoing injury. Either her injury was not serious or she didn't care about her own health.

• Noone can force someone to play while injured, a player with an average IQ would know that she should say no in the case that she has a serious ongoing injury. Either her injury was not serious or she didn't care about her own health.

She said she was forced. I'd rather believe her than believe in the club.

• Thaisa would never sign back in a club that almost killed her career. I'm glad she's getting back in her good form, I don't think she'll ever be back to her peak when she's the no. 1 MB in the world, but at her best at this moment she's still easily the best MB in Brazil, and in the Top 10 in the world. Did she retire from NT? or is she still in the pipeline for Tokyo 2020?

She didn't retire, at least she never said that. Last year she said she couldn't play for the NT because her body needed more rest and better treatment after the clubs season. I believe she will be in Tokyo if she wants to. I'm 99% sure she wants it. She is not that old and is playing amazing.

• She said she was forced. I'd rather believe her than believe on the club.

Well it is always easier to blame others instead of taking the responsibility of one's own actions. No one can force a player to play unless she agrees.

She wasn't getting much playing time due to her disappointing performance, that's why probably she didn't want to miss the chance to play that day but it was a wrong decision clearly

• Well it is always easier to blame others instead of taking the responsibility of one's own actions. No one can force a player to play unless she agrees.

She wasn't getting much playing time due to her disappointing performance, that's why probably she didn't want to miss the chance to play that day but it was a wrong decision clearly

:win:

• What was the drama with Coach Ze pulling out his team from playing?

someone posted the vídeo in a few posts behind

• Didn't Thaisa twist her ankle in the match? I think it has no connection previous treatments and there's no reason to blame any sides. It was just an unlucky moment.

She twisted her ankle because she had to force her right leg because of the injury in her other leg.

There are plenty interviews and news from 2017 talking about that in details. Eczasibasi's doctor said her injury on her knee was too simple and made her take medicine to relief the pain during the games. She couldn't even practice with the team but had to play in CL.

• So Barueri just dropped out of the match like that? Giving free win to Dentil?

They received a red card and the match finished.

• The fact is that ECZ didnt show up to Thaisa her true condition. She only knew her condition by Kosheleva's doctor. It was something that was reported in the media.

• IIRC the medical team of Eczaciabsi kept clearing her to play, deeming her fit, even though she is in pain, which is probs what the pain killers are for. Only when she consulted one outside the team (apparently Koshe's) did she know that her condition should have kept her from playing. Her playing with an injured knee only worsened her condition. Anyone who plays volleyball here, or knows body mechanics would know that playing with a bad leg causes your other one to compensate. Which makes you more vulnerable to other injuries. That's what greed does to athletes.

• IIRC the medical team of Eczaciabsi kept clearing her to play, deeming her fit, even though she is in pain, which is probs what the pain killers are for. Only when she consulted one outside the team (apparently Koshe's) did she know that her condition should have kept her from playing. Her playing with an injured knee only worsened her condition. Anyone who plays volleyball here, or knows body mechanics would know that playing with a bad leg causes your other one to compensate. Which makes you more vulnerable to other injuries. That's what greed does to athletes.

are you a physio by any chance?

• A princípio, eu não sabia que não podia jogar. Sentia muita dor, mas o médico não me passou o quadro. Viu o exame, conversou com alguém que falou que com dez ou 15 dias eu voltaria. Eu acreditei. Óbvio, não sou médica, não sou fisioterapeuta. Achei que podia ser alguma coisa que voltaria, mas não sabia que desde essa época, em janeiro, eu já teria de ter feito uma artroscopia. Se tivesse operado, nada disso teria acontecido. Ia botar tudo no lugar, ficar ok em quatro ou seis semanas e voltaria jogando. Só que esse médico não me passou isso e eu fui forçando. Aguentei até o jogo que era importante, que o time queria que eu jogasse. Nesse momento piorou muito a situação, porque pego... - Veja mais em https://www.uol/esporte/especi…matico-6?cmpid=copiaecola

Link: https://www.uol/esporte/especi…sta---thaisa.htm#frases-3

• Taisa appointed that the medicall staff of ECZ didnt told everything about her condition and says that her health and carrer was decided for one person.