Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• I didn't parse the mini-Aydin thread well enough to know why you are being an infidel, but you had reasons and if you think it's for the best I will support them too.

sorry for being a traitor ;(but I've always liked Aydin, they have Queen Meryem Boz and clumsy Plak = 100 up in likeability. I really want GS to be beaten this season and I just think Aydin has a bigger chance to do so :P + to put a better team next season to represent Turkey in CEV tournaments.

I love my AGY girls but they are random af, could one day beat a team with some Olympians and known players but also can look like they just started playing volleyball last year other days.

I wouldn't be mad if they win but they have to beat GS then!!

• I haven't posted or visited since early January, so a few remarks of the season since then:

1)Holly hell, is this season steaming sh*t or what?! Turkish league has arguable never been so top-heavy, even though 2 out of the Big 3 are playing atrociously...what does that tell you about competition? Even our dear beri, who is ever the optimist and who started this season with such high hopes for the league as being perhaps the most competitive in years have had her optimism visibly deflated, and admitted that the level of play is godawful.

2)Perhaps connected with the above issue, but this thread, in comparison to last year, is very close to being dead. There have only been some 350 replies in the last 2 months, even though there have been 10 rounds of play in the meantime. That's bad, very bad. Is it completely down to the level o the league, or are people so afraid of coronavirus that they think they'll get infected online?

3)On top of everything else, long-term injuries to Brankica and KYK have put a cherry on top to this whole fiasco of a season. True, Vakif is playing much, much better in the second half of the season than in the first, but the conclusion that they will yet again win all the domestic league not because they are outstanding, but because...they suck the least, which is just...:wall:

4)There has probably never been a team as rich as Eczacibasi who depended so much on a single player during the length of the whole season as they do on Boskovic. I mean, they have forced her to have by far the best club season of her career just to barely hold them together in the second place (and to her amazing credit, they still only have 2 defeats this season playing like absolute sh*t!!How crazy is that?!)She has scored 160 points in the last 6 matches, on 24 sets played. That's 6.67 points per set! That's insane. I hope she will escape from this club and its incompetent coach and even more incompetent managerial team when her contract expires, but I'm pretty sure she won't.:read:

• Level of Turkish league is getting lower and lower I agree with that, before We could watch some interesting matches but now maybe, but maybe one :/

I hope Tijana will come in better league, and that rumors about Monza signed her are true. I hope She will not get injured as Thaisa, KYK or Natalia...

• Janko I agree this was the worst Turkish league since like 2010 tbh, let's hope play-offs will be a bit more fun but let's keep expectations low. Turkey needs to raise foreigner count to 4 tbh like Italy.

I still wish to be optimistic for next season but 3 clubs are already dead in finances and only 2 can leave... so we will have another terrible team at least not to mention, we don't know what the other clubs will do. This thread has been dead indeed because of the low level and missing of our 'leader' Canter :'(

A good thing is that Eczacibasi and VakifBank are still rich as ever lmao and THY seems to have similar budget for next season and are planning to build around Ebrar. More locals need to go lead a lower ranked team!

Even Russian league was more competitive imho and Turkish league was like Russian league is at times.

• A big problem despite being the biggest clubs in Turkey are actually VakifBank and Eczacibasi themselves (and Fener and Gala in lesser extent)

They are very aware of the monopoly they have and like dictators use that in their own advantage, like I have all respect to them of course for bringing all the glory they have done for the nation and club volleyball HOWEVER it is no secret how they keep some of their big local talents as slaves for the clubs and are super greedy on other clubs having them, a loan if they try super hard for 1 season at best is what happens and then back to the bench.

Young players with huge potential cannot go play for the lower level clubs in Turkish league and have to continue playing in VB or EczV youth or like 3rd division level, they cannot even go to 2nd div. and get themselves to 1st div. with their team, they make the best players but only want it all for themselves not caring about what the player wants, untill they are old enough to go and play with 0 experience or be in the A team if they are lucky...

mediocre late 20s and 30 somethings are in the lower ranked teams instead of super talents.

VB and EczV STOP the dictatorship!

• To me, such a low level is not a surprise. Indeed we had a heated discussion with Beri at the beginning of the season when I first claimed that this will be one of the lowest level of the league for a decade.:whistle:

Yeşilyurt was the only interesting team for me and they did so far what they were supposed to do: they pulled several surprises without being a real threat to be in top 4. And I wouldnt be surprised if they will be next Beşiktaş/Beylikdüzü next season once all Vakifbank players would leave.

I don't agree with idea of Eczacıbaşı-Vakifbank being so evil dictatorships. They have been the ones that really invested in youth academies (even fb and GS were not investing at youth level till a few years ago). Top teams also need bench players that's why it is not a surprise to keep them as back up players. However they do let most of promising youngsters play in both Venus sultanlar ligi and first division. Vakifbank has been doing it via Beşiktaş before and now with Yeşilyurt while Eczacıbaşı has been collaborating with other teams such as Karayolları. This season there were plenty of young players who were loaned in first division teams with a dual lisence. Vakifbank will most likely be in first division with their youth team next year since I expect them to win second division finals next week. I think every country has 2-3 clubs lead the youth academy just like in Italy, Russia, Germany etc. Thus it is not a surprise same is happening in turkey:win:

• ok serdar you were right. Also I don't agree that much on VB and EczV, yes the players that are truly talented can go 1 season when they're young only to be called str8 back that's exactly what I also said, we need to let the players free to roam in the league more imo, there is a clear abuse of monopoly imho right now. And the Youth VB players, some are already better than 1st div players and between 17-19 yrs old. It's a waste they're even in 3rd league.

But you gotta give it to me with leading the AG Yeşilyurt campaign at least from the start :lol:

I'm gonna give my current fave/most fun list to compare with start of the league.

as of march 10th 2020:

1. A.G. Yeşilyurt (nr1 also in most frustrating)

2. Aydın (nr1 most clumsy)

3. Fenerbahçe (nr1 in unlucky (so many injuries))

4. Nilüfer Bursa (nr1 in rising from the dead - Buse <3)

5. VakifBank SK (nr1 in everything always and it's lowkey getting annoying, am waiting for their Hisamitsu Springs moment)

Error 404 Flops:

6. Galatasaray (forever nr1 in mediocrity and being steadily mediocre and nr1 in mediocre performance vs top 3 fittingly also a mediocre 6th place for them but I still love Anthi tho)

7. THY (nr1 in... maybe next season)

8. PTT (why even? wth?)

9. Eczacıbaşı (nr1 in why Hande why? ;( also Kim and nr1 in FC Tijana's Girls)

Team R.I.P. (pls don't come back to the league)

10. Karayollari (They're only not last place bcs BJK and BEVI are playing with randoms lol but Tutku tried bless her)

11. Beşiktaş ($$$ no money)

12. Beylikdüzü ($ even less money)

Turkish League 2020/2021: Can't wait to see who will go bankrupt next :super: My guesses are Karayollari and I feel PTT will be bored with volleyball so maybe them also. Eczacibasi at 5th btwt :white::rolll: still accurate tbh, morally they are there.

• Eczacibasi Vitra actually nr1 in flexing like Beverly Hills girls ofc also.

Can't wait till they offer 4 million for Zhu and Egonu to finally say they're the best again...to start great and lose everything from there...yet again... :lol:

Eczacibasi's motto: ''Still richer than you though x''

https://www.sporx.com/img/59/2018/ddj9mxzwaaefwzu.jpgddj9mxzwaaefwzu.jpg

• Although you considered Yesilyurt to end up as 8th, I acknowledge your season long support with sitenoise 😜

To me;

Most fun to watch: Yesilyurt, Nilufer, Vakifbank

Most unlucky: Fenerbahçe, Eczacıbaşı (obviously injuries)

Biggest flops: PTT and Aydın

Waste of potential: THY

By the way if you let youngsters free to roam, there would be no incentive for big clubs to invest so much on them. Consider Zehra Gunes's case, why would Vakifbank invest her so much unless they know she would be in their roster till she reaches 22 years old. It is like pharma companies having patent of a drug. If there were no patents for certain years, they would never invest so much money on drug discovery

• I know what you mean but these youngsters won't achieve anything with just 1 year working with a team, the best teams are teams that have worked a long time together and then finally click completely, like VB and Conegliano, or in lower teams terms Nilufer and Cuneo or Seramiksan a few years ago. Those are all fun teams to watch, I fear our youngsters don't get that kind of time to feel comfortable with their new teams and build for something. THY could do really well next season, they have all it takes.

Anyone could still change the position, all it takes is play-off matches. Players like Zehra are not a majority, she was an overachiever from a very young age and clearly a big talent/exception. I agree that it's like pharma companies, yet that's why I don't like it.

Helene Rousseaux in dream team btw :thumbup:

• btw why is TRT broadcasting Karayollari vs FB

when AGY vs Aydin is the most important match of the week :gone: At least NTV showed us some lower teams matches when they were interesting smh.

• I know what you mean but these youngsters won't achieve anything with just 1 year working with a team, the best teams are teams that have worked a long time together and then finally click completely, like VB and Conegliano, or in lower teams terms Nilufer and Cuneo or Seramiksan a few years ago. Those are all fun teams to watch, I fear our youngsters don't get that kind of time to feel comfortable with their new teams and build for something. THY could do really well next season, they have all it takes.

Anyone could still change the position, all it takes is play-off matches. Players like Zehra are not a majority, she was an overachiever from a very young age and clearly a big talent/exception. I agree that it's like pharma companies, yet that's why I don't like it.

Helene Rousseaux in dream team btw :thumbup:

I hope Helene will stay in Nilufer, last season was also pretty good in Polish league but this season was very solid for her. I didn't expect this performance, especially at reception. I wonder if she would reconsider playing in Belgium NT again. She would be a great oh duo with Herbots 😍

THY definitely has all it takes and they will most likely win challenge cup too. That's why I was hoping they would play in CEV cup next season. Playing at the same cup that you won last season wouldn't make things exciting. GS is always flipping during European cups, thus I would prefer a more ambitious team like THY there

• This season I have become a fan of Vakifbank. It might be because my fav player Gabi is playing there but it is more than that. They have been playing so much better now. I had no expectation for Haak before because I didn't really follow her before but oh my, she has become one of the top beasts in Turkish League. And of course one of the top 2 best setters in the world - Maja - The Magic Hand. She just gets better in time. I wonder which among these 4 foreigners gonna be let go when Zhu Ting returns next season.

• This season I have become a fan of Vakifbank. It might be because my fav player Gabi is playing there but it is more than that. They have been playing so much better now. I had no expectation for Haak before because I didn't really follow her before but oh my, she has become one of the top beasts in Turkish League. And of course one of the top 2 best setters in the world - Maja - The Magic Hand. She just gets better in time. I wonder which among these 4 foreigners gonna be let go when Zhu Ting returns next season.

Four? I thought they had 5 foreigners, with MBH? Anyway, If she has any remaining sense, Milena will go (or at least I put my faith in Gio's ruthless pragmatism to cut her off, since I don't have much faith in her sense). I also don't think Bartsch will stay, both for volleyball and non-volleyball reasons. They should keep the other 3 (and indeed, I think they all have contracts for another season?). With Zhu back, Vakif is guaranteed to win every single domestic competition. Again.

Quelle surprise.:down:

• But I should add that Maja has spoken of her desire to concentrate on starting a family with her husband after Tokyo (though to be fair, she has spoken about that, and postponed it, for years). She's a victim of her own longevity and the fact that her virtuosity on court is not being diminished by age.

• I also agree that Rasic will be the one that will leave. She is underperforming (although her underperformence is even better than most of top MBs) and I think Guidetti would rely on Zehra&Kübra Duo. I remember Gabi expressed her will to play with Zhu one day, so I'm sure she would want to stay as well. Next year Vakifbank will be great to watch 😍

Why do you MBH will leave by non-volleyball reasons?

• Bartsch Hackley will leave because Zhu will come, she'd never leave VB otherwise lol no one in their right mind would leave a team as VB :lol:

Would love to see Bartsch in another Turkish team, like Galatasaray/Aydin/THY next season

• I think Milena needs a new challenge, she is TOO comfortable and Zehra and Kübra will still do. Same for Maja I guess, comfortable and good paycheck but the will to start a family might become stronger now (I still think she will stay for Zhu tbh)

I truly think a new team would bring old Milena back even if she doesn't realise it now, Gio might give her a sign soon but Idk.

• O que outras pessoas estão dizendo

Bartsch Hackley partirá porque Zhu virá, ela nunca deixaria VB caso contrário, lol ninguém no seu perfeito juízo deixaria um time como VB :ri muito:

Gostaria de ver Bartsch em outra equipe turca, como Galatasaray / Aydin / THY na próxima temporada

Are there rumors of Zhu coming back?

• THY:

Buse Ünal-Ebrar Karakurt

Seyma Ercan(Madi Kingdon)-Bartsch Hackley

Hmm and then for MBs

Özgenur (or maybe Janset Erkul) I guess and ?? Sinead Jack??😍

Libero I leave up to them, Berrin can do maybe or get Derya Çayirgan.

This is a possibility for THY.