Turkey - Vestel Venüs Sultanlar Ligi - 2019/2020

• Galatasaray will play with only Turkish players next season. One foreign player's contract is valid for next season. They are negotiating I guess.

Who would stay in team which is falling apart.

Goodbye Gala, see you in better times ?(

• I found out that, according to TVF, Galatasaray and Fenerbahce play outside the neighborhoods of Galata and Fener. The first is playing in Sarıyer and the last in Kadıköy: I lost all the certitudes in my life. :huh:

• I found out that, according to TVF, Galatasaray and Fenerbahce play outside the neighborhoods of Galata and Fener. The first is playing in Sarıyer and the last in Kadıköy: I lost all the certitudes in my life. :huh:

Mmm not really :S Galatasaray is a team of the European side, associated with Taksim area, while Fenerbahce is associated with the small neighbourhood Fenerbahce in Kadiköy.

Both play their matches in Burhan Felek, which is located in Uskudar (next to Kadiköy).

GS is training in their own hall, close to Kadiköy (I think it is Tac Spor tesisleri, in Atasehir), while Fenerbahce should be training in Atasehir (also next to Kadiköy).

By the way, Okan Böke deleted his tweet from last night and now tweeted that what he said was misunderstood. Orkun Darnel etc. were a few names who criticised the decision last night. I am sure the team (or in general most Turkish teams) will have a smaller budget next year due to economic problems in Turkey but I still hope they will find at least 1 good OH and MB. Still, the squad can be fine with:

Cagla-Özge (U16 MVP setter)

Guldeniz-Cansu Cetin-Ilkin Aydin-Elifsu (can be a foreign OH here, hopefully Antonaki; Neriman is also an alternative)

Beren-X (an opposite is needed and Rhykliuk's contract is on-going. I am hoping she leaves though)

Melike-Sezen-?-? (Rumours were saying that Asli Kalac is leaving and Ergul Avci might join the team, but why do they let Asli leave?)

Gizem Karadayi-Derya

well Kadıköy is literally the neigbourhood of Fenerbahce actually... The neighbourhood itself is not called Fenerbahce. You can look at locations of stadiums on any other sport for FB it will be in Kadıköy

this-is-kad%C4%B1k%C3%B6y.jpg

probably singlehandedly the best neigbourhood of Turkey as well <3

Beşiktaş is a neigbourhood though f.e.

• Haha that's where I am from, thanks Beri :)

Fenerbahce is a small neighborhood of Kadiköy though (located by sea side, with a beautiful Marina).

It is funny because GS and FB have their water sports buildings next to each other in Fenerbahce neighbourhood :D

• Haha that's where I am from, thanks Beri :)

Fenerbahce is a small neighborhood of Kadiköy though (located by sea side, with a beautiful Marina).

It is funny because GS and FB have their water sports buildings next to each other in Fenerbahce neighbourhood :D

that's a perfect start of a FB GS comedy series tbh XD

I guess Istanbul is just too full to start building anywhere and ofc I know Fener exist, just meant the neighbourhood in its entirety is called Kadiköy.

Also clubs like FB and GS don't rely just on their neighbourhoods support anymore obiously, fans from all around Turkey come to support them so it doesn't matter too much for them anymore I guess. Otoh let's say a club like Beylikduzu or Nilufer are completely dependant on that neighbourhood patriotism type of support.

Also what a place to be from... I'm jealous af. I would love to be able to say that, though I also like being from tepebasi Eskişehir (mothers side) and Ankara on fathers side, grew up in Ankara though. Its not the same as Istanbuls most epic neighbourhood ofc.

• I downloaded an excell document with all the clubs data from the TVF website. It says under KULÜP ADRESİ:

Galatasaray -> ALİ SAMİ YEN SPOR KOMPLEKSİ TÜRK TELEKOM STADYUMU SEYRANTEPE / SARIYER / İSTANBUL

Fenerbahce -> FENERBAHÇE ŞÜKRÜ SARAÇOĞLU ÜLKER STADYUMU SPOR KOMPLEKSİ RECEP PEKER CAD. KIZILTOPRAK / KADIKÖY / İSTANBUL

Wikipedia says Galatasaray is from Galata neighborhood (Beyoğlu District), while Fenerbahce takes its name and colours after Fener - which means lightouse - a neighborhood in the Fatih District. :/

• those are the football clubs and administrations.

I would also think Galatasaray is from Beyoğlu District. I think what mattered for GS is that they are still in the European side, Sariyer is a better place to build than Beyoğlu.

While Fenerbahce is definitely not from Fatih though, they have nothing in common and are far away lol i bet like 30KM away.

this is the Fenerbahce lighthouse https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenerbahçe_Lighthouse

its in Kadıköy in the asian side, Fatih is inside the European side.

• Good researcher :)

That's probably where their head quarters are (their football stadiums).

GS used to have their stadium in Mecidiyeköy but moved to the new stadium like 10 years ago.

It is correct about GS's origin (Taksim square I mentioned earlier is a part of Beyoglu district). There is also a Galata tower in the district and a Galata bridge.

Must be wrong about FB's origin. Lighthouse is correct but district must be Fenerbahce in Kadiköy. https://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/…C3%A7e,_Kad%C4%B1k%C3%B6y

• So Wikipedia gave me wrong infos about Fener. :rolll:

Thanks for your help. I'm trying to make a map of the Istanbul teams. :lol: I love this administrative stuff. Did you notice?:gone:

I'll show it to you later. :teach:

• Istanbul is a whole country in itself tbh.

What is y'alls favorite neighbourhood/district (those who have been to/lived in Istanbul)

My dream is to get a mansion in Sariyer or Bebek (Beşiktaş) skdsdkdsfkjl and live the rich life there :dance6:(but i will probably die broke)

Kadiköy has got the most soul though imo. I remember when I stayed there, it felt like there was a progressive movement/some kind of call for revolution and protests, weekly. And about anything :rolll::rolll: I always joined, bless them.