Dominican Rep. NT 2019

• DR played a friendly match in Brazil against SESI/Bauru. The final score was 2x2. They decided not to play the tie break. Other 2 matches will be held in the following days. DR is preparing for the International Olympics Qualifier next week.

I don't know about DR's roster but SESI/Bauru played with their (current) main players (including Dani Lins and Tifanny) in the beginning but eventually changed a lot during the match. PS: SESI/Bauru of course is missing Rahimova and Wilhite.

• does anyone know the DOM roster for the olympic qualifying?

i can't imagine them beating BRA, and i can't imagine US losing in the qualifying, so i think DOM is assured the norceca spot for tokyo.

they seem tired, it's been a long season and they didn't show good form in the pan am cup, struggling against CUB, ARG, CAN.

• does anyone know the DOM roster for the olympic qualifying?

i can't imagine them beating BRA, and i can't imagine US losing in the qualifying, so i think DOM is assured the norceca spot for tokyo.

they seem tired, it's been a long season and they didn't show good form in the pan am cup, struggling against CUB, ARG, CAN.

Based on the pictures I have seen, it is the regular roster with the addition of Castillo and Vargas. I don't know who was left out.

• Based on the pictures I have seen, it is the regular roster with the addition of Castillo and Vargas. I don't know who was left out.

Peña is out

• most recently they had as OH: de la cruz, rivera, brayelin (although mostly she played as OPP) and erasma moreno/vielka peralta. i have no inside info on the team, but i think peña was mostly on the bench this year.

DOM plays with a weird system, they can use not only brayelin to receive, but also eve (MB).

• Really? This is weird. Who is there instead of her?

idk. Maybe Mambru.

Bethania, Brayelin, Rivera, Eve, Gaila and Mambru are the attackers of Dominican Republic.

• I believe DR can beat Brazil, but I would not surprised at all if they end up loosing for Azerbaijan.

Anyone knows Azerbaijan`s roster? With Rahimova, Kulan and Mamadova I believe they can challenge Brazil and especially DR.

I think Kulan and Mammadova retired from the NT

• mammadova has not been effective in years.

it’d be so crazy if DOM actually beats BRA. it’d mean ARG won’t go to tokyo, and most likely PUR will.

Dont forget about Canada

• My mistake. Peña is out of the Panamerican Games :flower:

• DOM is going to de Panamerican Games with the same team as in the IOQ ( Inluding Yonkaira Peña)

DOM vs Azerbaijan https://www.youtube.com/watch?…pwmX7Ef13vors&app=desktop

Only 12 players are allowed to participate in the Panamerican Games. Not 14.

• :(