Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2019-2020

• The example was to show that last year the team with fewer wins was ahead of the team below them in the standings due to more points. This year the was the standing will work is tied into FIVB rules, wins, match points, sets ratio, points ratio.
    so when you looking at conference standings for the playoffs as the top four teams make it, if teams are tied on wins, the match points won will affect those standings. So last year lots of 5 set matches meant that losing teams got 1 point, while winning teams got 2 points. Now, wins matter more, which has been in the FIVB rules since 2015/2016.

• V.League is going to use the Hawkeye Challenge system this year. It's limited to the camera shots and won't show the floating ball animations. This should speed things up. Challenges have been notoriously slow up to now, often taking 3-4 minutes, which is longer than the break between sets.

Source

3 challenges in a match, but if you win, you keep your challenge.

Interesting that 3 meter line is not on camera, but as the official can see it when spiked, I understand saving a little money with it.

• I imagine Kurogo may take it a little easy at first. I wonder much the Olympic bound players will play or not, avoiding any chance of injury. I bet Ishikawa plays a lot, though

It's going to be fun with Kurogo and Ishikawa as dueling attackers. It would be so much more fun if Mari Horikawa was on the right side. I'd pay to see that :)

U20 libero Rena Mizusugi is also a big upgrade. She contributed a lot to Toray's end season run last year. Now MB is their only un-spotlight position.

Kulan who led Toray to the final last March is still there with them this season. So offensively, they have Kulan, Kurogo and Ishikawa at the moment, ultra strong & competitive! Mari Horikawa is another non-receiving OPP so she basically a back-up for Kulan now.

on MB side, there's Kaho Ohno whose block skill is pretty decent while Nanami Inoue produces deadly slide and super quick on position number 3. Interestingly, Inoue has been consistently one of the best attacking MB in local league since her time in Denso then Hitachi but never made to the national team final list! Even during the MB crisis back in 2015, lol.

• Kulan who led Toray to the final last March is still there with them this season. So offensively, they have Kulan, Kurogo and Ishikawa at the moment, ultra strong & competitive! Mari Horikawa is another non-receiving OPP so she basically a back-up for Kulan now.

on MB side, there's Kaho Ohno whose block skill is pretty decent while Nanami Inoue produces deadly slide and super quick on position number 3. Interestingly, Inoue has been consistently one of the best attacking MB in local league since her time in Denso then Hitachi but never made to the national team final list! Even during the MB crisis back in 2015, lol.

My bad. I think I looked at the roster before I posted and then still thought "Kaho Ohno retired", but ... oops. It was her sister from NEC. I'm a big fan of the Ohno sisters.

• The example was to show that last year the team with fewer wins was ahead of the team below them in the standings due to more points. This year the was the standing will work is tied into FIVB rules, wins, match points, sets ratio, points ratio.
    so when you looking at conference standings for the playoffs as the top four teams make it, if teams are tied on wins, the match points won will affect those standings. So last year lots of 5 set matches meant that losing teams got 1 point, while winning teams got 2 points. Now, wins matter more, which has been in the FIVB rules since 2015/2016.

Since the column titles aren't translated I was a little confused. Then it felt like they were making fun of NEC so I got offended and gave up trying to figure it out :rolll:

• I'm sorry but V league won't be the same without MIHAJLOVIC and her moody attitude. 8o

Yeah, I know. I've already come to terms with the fact that we probably won't see much of you over here any more because of that :(

• Yeah, I know. I've already come to terms with the fact that we probably won't see much of you over here any more because of that :(

To be honest I get somehow bored and dont find it so exciting after watching so much volleyball. So by the time the national team season starts I just dont have that butterflies after watching a game anymore.

Next year it is all about the Olympics for me. So I will not be watching much volleyball in general for this upcoming season. I will mostly only watch some playoffs and important games. I want to save all my emotions for the National Team season.

If I start strong with the club season, by the time VNL and Olympics start I will be somehow a bit tired of volleyball already.

I want to be fresh for the Olympics. ;)

• I wonder if that time will come for me some day. I'm still fairly new to this volleyball thing, still have lots of energy for it, and this Club year is like a new dawn. I'm actually aware of where all the kids come from. That really changes it for me, makes it more exciting. I feel like I've finally gotten home and can settle in and start enjoying volleyball again after the summer of U20 :thumbup:

• I wonder if that time will come for me some day. I'm still fairly new to this volleyball thing, still have lots of energy for it, and this Club year is like a new dawn. I'm actually aware of where all the kids come from. That really changes it for me, makes it more exciting. I feel like I've finally gotten home and can settle in and start enjoying volleyball again after the summer of U20 :thumbup:

Your day will come.... But don't worry because you are still new to volleyball.... so we are talking about 10-20 years or so 😂.

• Look, it is impossible to watch every match no matter the tournament or league. I like this sport, but I follow basketball, American football, and English premier league.

During club league season, I may try to watch a match or two, just because of the teams (be it men’s or women’s). Let alone CEV Champions League final. Plus being on the West coast of the USA, it is better for weekend mornings, during the non NFL season.

I follow the Japan because of my time there and interest in the men’s and women’s teams. I really don’t watch the league that much, but following stat sheets gives me an idea of how the stars are playing.

• I watch every match :) but I'm not into sports so nothing else needs my attention. I'm not really even into volleyball, per se, but I'm fascinated by the way these young Japanese women play it.

• In an act of revenge that isn't really indictative of anything, Toray Arrows (as Shiga Prefecture) beat Hisamitsu Springs (as Saga Prefecture) 3–2 to win the Gold at the "lively Ibaraki dream National Athletic Meet 2019 volleyball adult women's finals" AKA The 74th National Sports Festival.

Toray fielded an A Team minus Kulan, Kurogo, and Ishikawa, while Hisamitsu fielded a B Team of sorts plus Shion and Nakagawa.

Toray (Shiga):

Hisamitsu (Saga):

I think these matches were watchable on some web site I can't find any more.

EDIT: OMG I have to find that web site for possible viewing, although I imagine it was limited to live stream only, because I just saw the final standings:

■ Women's

# 1: Shiga Prefecture (east Arrows)

# 2: Saga (Hisamitsu Springs)

# 3: Ibaraki Prefecture (Hitachi Rivale)

# 4: Osaka (Panasonic Blue Bells) <<<--- That's Haruka Maruo's Team

<3<3<3

• Here you go, pick the second video for the women's final and the third video for the girls' high school final.

https://japangamestv.japan-spo…jp/channel.html?ch=120073

You Internet warlord you!

Strange that site won't translate for me using Firefox or Chrome, using Bing or Google Translate.

Sadly, it appears there is no Osaka game available :( Haruka Maruo continues to evade me

• You Internet warlord you!

Strange that site won't translate for me using Firefox or Chrome, using Bing or Google Translate.

Sadly, it appears there is no Osaka game available :( Haruka Maruo continues to evade me

Lol. First time anyone has called me a warlord. :evil:8)

I found my way there from the JVA website.

That website didn't let Chrome translate it for me either. Yeah, they only have videos of the various finals.

• That website didn't let Chrome translate it for me either. Yeah, they only have videos of the various finals.

Use textise.net to get sites that will not give you text to cut and paste.

https://www.textise.net/

JT Marvelous have changed their intro song, sorry the video is in two parts. The woman in the cheerleader outfit is former AKB48 star Yuri Tani.

Part 1

Part 2

In part 1, soaring (:06), shori (victory at :10), speed, miracle team, JT Marvelous.

Part 2, Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey, can't stop, Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey, JT Marvelous.

Actually they did the same for the men's team JT Thunders.

Thunders part 1

Thunders part 2

• Bad weather in Japan. Typhoon action. Half the matches scheduled for opening weekend are cancelled or postponed :(

Sat 12 Oct 2019

12:00 Denso v Hisamitsu CANCELLED

12:00 PFU v Kurobe

13:00 Hitachi v Himeji

14:00 Toray v Saitama CANCELLED

15:00 NEC v Okayama CANCELLED

15:00 JT v Toyota

Sun 13 Oct 2019

12:00 Denso v Okayama CANCELLED

12:00 JT v Kurobe

15:00 Hisamitsu v NEC CANCELLED

15:00 PFU v Toyota