CEV Champions League 2020

• Lyzik is practically what Vlasov should be at his age but unfortunately is not.:whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Nimir literally plays like a Black Giannelli without a proper opposite. It's just so uncanny.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• 9-5 it would've been embarassing for Trentino if they did not put that ball down.

Nice defensive play from Lokomotiv.

#FreeBritney

• Lucarelli had some great defensive moments but his reception for a defensive OH is not something to write home about.

#FreeBritney

• Savin's hesitation to give the ball to either Ivovic and Luburic killed them twice.

#FreeBritney

• Can someone explain to me what happened during 1-1 of the third set?

#FreeBritney

• In my opinion, Michieletto should consider becoming a full time opposite/receiver.

#FreeBritney

• I'm no longer watching the game. What happened to Luburic?

• Lyzik's serve have been so good this match.

#FreeBritney

• I'm no longer watching the game. What happened to Luburic?

I have no idea too. Luburic did have some crucial errors but it wasn't particularly his fault. Maybe a lack of confidence especially after calling some challenges that turn into wrong ones?

#FreeBritney

• We're unto a tie break.

Lokomotiv's reception broke down on the last points of the fourth set.

That's a little troubling if Savin and Ivovic are given the umbrella block.

There's also a crucial error from the reliable Lyzik. It probably cause the loss of confidence. Hard to tell if the setter have a part on this.

Both opposites aren't scoring as well too. I guess the switching to another opp when they aren't playing bad led to the loss of connection.

#FreeBritney

• Nimir is serving like a god now.

#FreeBritney

• Nimir is serving like a god now.

13-2 and he's still serving.:super:

15-2 Basically won the match on serve.:white:

#FreeBritney

• What a tie break for Trentino! Nimir and his serves were unbelievable. Great heart for Trento in this comeback!- I'm so happy for them, as they're not living an easy moment.

• Even tho Lokomotiv lost, at least we got a glimpse of up-and-coming Russian setter Kostadinov in the latter part of the 5th set :rolll:

• Today I watched Modena against Kuzbass. What a match, especially the fourth set has been really enjoyable. I wouldn't have bet even a penny on Modena, as they're struggling a lot in Italy, but they showed great determination and attention. All the players contributed (also helped by many russians mistakes) but my MVP is Lavia. He has been harshly criticised lately, but today he did great in every aspect, closing the match with a block. And he is still just 21!!

• Russian clubs are flopping too hard.

Maybe it's because they have no outstanding offensive OH besides Zenit Kazan's Bednorz.

I mean, Sivozhelez is so 2000 and late. With Ivan, you can have a receiving opposite but I guess it didn't dawn on the managers. Maybe this formation could work in Russian Superleague to propel their reception but may not be that effective against similarly built teams in Europe.

For Lokomotiv, Ivovic is just not working anymore. They need someone more effective on the attack while retaining the pass.

Dinamo got really unlucky when Sokolov got hurt. His sub, Romanas wasn't bad but his block could've been needed against Trento. The team only had 2 block kills. :white:

#FreeBritney