FIVB Challenger Cup 2019

• where are the Turkish MBs, it literally looks like they picked the worst bunch of MBs in the league in NT atm :what::white:

Where is Çapkinoglu, Matiç, Güneş, Batur, Koç etc. :what: or they got subbed?

Also where is Burutay and Güngör?

• what's the name of that short OH that played for TUR, he was their stable passer and spiker...?

Burak Güngör hasn't been picked by the trainer unfortunately. I think he is the second best OH next to Burutay Subaşı. Also GÖkhan GÖkgöz was also not included to the roster :down:

• where are the Turkish MBs, it literally looks like they picked the worst bunch of MBs in the league in NT atm :what::white:

Where is Çapkinoglu, Matiç, Güneş, Batur, Koç etc. :what: or they got subbed?

Also where is Burutay and Güngör?

Matiç was indeed announced in the initial roster but he was injured during the finals of Turkish league. Burutay started to the game but their strategy was playing with their starting 6 for only first two sets so that they can save energy for tomorrow's game. That's why they played with the backup players for the last two sets.

In general, I am not happy with the selection of the team. Nedim Özbey picked mostly players that will play in GS next season (Yasin Aydın, Burutay Subaşı, Ertuğrul Gazi Metin, Doğukan Ulu and Burak Mert) or played in GS before (Adis Lagumdzija). These roster is very very biased. Many players are excluded without a legit reason (Murat Yenipazar, Burak Güngör, Gökhan Gökgöz, Hasan Yeşilbudak, Halil İbrahim Yücel, Emre Batur, Çağatay Osman Durmaz, Mustafa Koç, Savaş Vahit Emre)

• I was also wondering where are Matic, Gungor, Gokgoz, Savas, Batur etc., why is Eksi starting setter after missing more than half season but so far Ozbey have results behind him. Ok, Turkey have had pretty easy pool in European Golden League but to beat Estonia in Estonia and Belarus you must play good.

Yesterday they were keeping freshness for far more important match unlike Cuban coach Vives which kept almost all starters for 5 sets :rolll: I expect Slovenia - Turkey rematch on Sunday but again Slovenia should prevail. Won't be easy for them but still they are far more experienced team than this Turkish selection.

• I don't like arslan's game so far. Most of his sets are too close to the net and he should set to burutay more often.

• Nedim Özbey's strategic speeches during time-outs :what::rolll:

Exactly!

"haydi haydi, let't get a point"

Wow, such a great idea, how did you come up with this?:lol::aww:

• I was also wondering where are Matic, Gungor, Gokgoz, Savas, Batur etc., why is Eksi starting setter after missing more than half season but so far Ozbey have results behind him. Ok, Turkey have had pretty easy pool in European Golden League but to beat Estonia in Estonia and Belarus you must play good.

Yesterday they were keeping freshness for far more important match unlike Cuban coach Vives which kept almost all starters for 5 sets :rolll: I expect Slovenia - Turkey rematch on Sunday but again Slovenia should prevail. Won't be easy for them but still they are far more experienced team than this Turkish selection.

Gokhan Gokgoz didn’t deserved to be called at all with his horrible performances, to be honest. Burak Gungor, on the other hand, deserved it very much and not called.

I am not even going to mention Arslan, who is a troubled player, he is almost always called to NT, thanks to his father. And he is the captain this year, as if it were a joke.

Oguzhan was useful for Fenerbahce last season but he cannot be the MB in a team which wants to promoted to VNL and get some medal in ECH.

Let’s be honest here, maybe a bit harsh, too, Turkish Male Team has no place to compete in VNL. I cannot even imagine them playing against top teams. Even if we add the players who deserved to be called but weren’t, it won’t make it any better that much. It is a good dream but they are definitely not ready. I think this current generation won’t at all.

Nedim Ozbey has this macho acts all the time which I simply hate. I cannot believe he is guiding young players of NT and club for years. No wonder he picks up Arslan as captain.

• the hall is mostly empty even for SLO. maybe they don't deserve promotion next year...

their coach speaks in italian, i guess they all understand it?

Some members of the Slovenian NT play or played in Italy.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• When did Kovac even leave the Slovenian team? I had no idea Guiliani was their new coach before this tournament.

I thought he was the coach of them but when I saw Guiliani, I remembered that he was appointed as the new coach.

I have a question, is there a point to make 3rd place match? Does it even mean anything at the end?

• Belarus #15 with 3 straight aces to lift Belarus to a 3rd place medal. He's not bad-looking either. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Quite a bad timing for Cuba's left handed opposite to get stuck in pos 4.

Slovenia got lucky with those kill blocks at the end of the 1st set.

#FreeBritney

• Justice is finally served for Slovenia but they still have to work hard for what they deserved two years ago. I will feel eternally bad for them if they didn't win this tournament and promotion to VNL. I'm glad this went all great without a hitch.

#FreeBritney

• Cuba's team is literally an U23 team. Turkey should be ashamed for their loss lol but then again Cuba's youth beat Canada in an olympic qualifier. Although not the same team who competed after the rape scandal, Cuba's youth players aren't a team you can undervalue.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• By the way, does anyone have an idea about why the heck half of the Chilean team has a sir name Parraguirre?:what: Are they all related or is it just a very common sir name in Chile?:teach:

I already asked the same thing back in 2015, the answer was given to us by Leonardo.D at the time:

The ones who play beach volleyball are Marco and Esteban. They arent twin brothers, they are cousins. They were trained by their uncle, Rafael, the Grimalt who is playing this tournment as setter&captian.
    Btw, the 3 players whose surname is Parraguirre are brothers. :wavy:

As you can see, volleyball and beach volleyball is a family affair in Chile :) Brothers and cousins everywhere :D