US NCAA Women's VB

• When will the play-off start? Will Plummer make it?

Passed week she came on court as a serve substitute, so I think she is on her way back.

• When will the play-off start?

Regular season ends last weekend of November. Playoff teams are announced on Dec. 1.

First round will be Dec. 5-6.

Second round Dec. 6-7.

Third round Dec. 13.

Fourth round (quarterfinals) Dec. 14.

Semifinals Dec. 19.

Championship Dec. 21.

• Okay, my one-stop-shop-source for the Top-25 finally was correctly booted up (it showed matches w/out the results for days). Here are the major upsets/wins

#2 PITT JUST SQUEAKED BY unranked GA TECH 3-2

#4 WISC was defeated by unranked OHIO ST. on Friday 1-3

#8 PENN ST. defeated #15 PURD 3-1

#9 Creighton was swept by unranked Villanova

#12 FL JUST SQUEAKED BY unranked Mississippi 3-2

#16 Utah JUST SQUEAKED BY Usc 3-2

#17 Rice was defeated by #22 WEST. KY 2-3

#20 California JUST SQUEAKED BY unranked ASU 3-2

#21 ILL was defeated by unranked MICH 1-3

#23 Ucla was swept by unranked COLO

#25 TX A&M was defeated by unranked LSU 1-3

OK..lotsa upsets (6) and "Just Squeaked By" (4). This coming week's matches are the penultimate ones for the regular season. Next week ends it. NCAA's after!

• RPI ON 11/11/19 -- NOT the final determinant in eventual seeding; there are bonuses for teams that schedule tougher in the preseason:

!). Baylor

2). TX.

3). PITT

4). WISC.

5). Stanford

6). FL

7). MINN.

8). NE.

9). WASH.

10) TX & M

11) HAW.

12) PENN. ST.

13) Ky

14) MARQ

15) Rice

16) Utah

These are the Top16..which would mean that they would get homecourt advantage for the first and (if they win that) the second rounds

• "figstats" are a kind of estimation as to which teams' RPIs...including bonuses...would be best if the season ended today. A snapshot in time, sorta, pre-NCAA

1) BAY

2) TX.

3) PITT

4) WIS

5) STAN

6) FL

7) MINN

8). NE.

9) WASH.

10) TX. A&M

11) HAW.

12) PSU

13) KY

14) MARQ

15) Rice

16) BYU

The only difference from the straight RPI in the post above is at the #16 spot; Brigham Young instead of Utah. BUT it would be HUGE: homecourt, or nothing!

• Wisconsin beat Minnesota again. :|

It was a close match, it could have been a fifth set if Minnesota wasn't out of substitutions in the fourth set?( I think the teams are quite equal, but the big difference is the setter position. Hilley is great, one of the best in NCAA. Minnesota having a lot of trouble with their setters and now they play 6-2, the connection with the hitters isn't always at the best.

Next to that Samedy isn't really dominant lately. Miyabe is even outplaying her at the moment.

• Madi Kubik is the best surprise for me this season. As a true freshman OH, she plays full-time on court, and receives in 5 rotations (covering Sun a lot!). Her style reminds me of Jordan Larson, and moreover, she is also wearing #10 shirt.

• Pablo ranking system from RichKern.com:

1) Stanford

2) TX.

3) WISC

4) NEB.

5) PENN. ST

6) Baylor

7) PITT

8). MINN

9) WASH.

10) KENT

"Pablo" is a mathematically-derived metric from one person...to rank NCAA teams right now. It basically incorporates a variety of statistic-based probabilities.

• 11/18 AVCA:

1) TX.

2) PITT

3) BAY

4) STAN

5) WIS

6) NEB.

7) MINN

8).PSU

9) Marquette

10) WASH.

The rest (#11-25) are second-tier teams that might eventually secure a Top-16 seed (if you have a team not shown in the ten above, ask to find out if/ where).

• how y'all feeling about Plummer's return?

Me...personally...would prefer to see them give her a break by having her in the front row ONLY (or as a server and sub her out for 2 ros). What I like does not count, or matter! I watched the entire match versus the bruins from Sunday: she looks back-to-form (I also watched some of Friday's match vs. Usc: she's OK).

• The george tech team has any chance to win this competition?

I dont understand the system of this competition.

• I do not have much energy to go in minute detail here. I will cover the bare basics: !). Top US colleges and universities (NCAA Division I) are in various different conferences; 2). There are about five best ("power") conferences; there are maybe 10 mid-major ("medium") conferences. 3). Some of the conferences have post-season tournaments: where the champion gets automatic qualification into the NCAA Tourney (biggest postseason championship); 4). Some do not have post-season conference championships; the regular season champ gets qualification; 5). The team you asked about, Georgia Tech, is in a "medium" (mid-major) conference. Their record (W-L) is not great. Their conference (the ACC) does not get many bids (qualifiers) for the NCAAs. They won't win it. Okay?