US NCAA Women's VB

• Texas are fun to watch, they have two future NT members (Eggleston and Butler)

Baylor has probably the biggest arm in the game in Yoss Pressley. But they're missing their starting setter.

Florida is a very all-round team. Led by their OHs and 6'7 opposite.

Kentucky is an exciting youngish team, they play very fast. Lilley has been in the USA youth system as well as their libero.

Eggleston is probably one of the more well rounded outside hitters, Butler has got a lot of potential as well,

Do you see Pressley playing in the future as OH or OPP?

Was looking at Florida's roster and just realized how tall they are. They do like their height (Alhassan and Kramer as previous players).

• Eggleston is probably one of the more well rounded outside hitters, Butler has got a lot of potential as well,

Do you see Pressley playing in the future as OH or OPP?

Was looking at Florida's roster and just realized how tall they are. They do like their height (Alhassan and Kramer as previous players).

If Pressley wants to play internationally, it will have to be as an opposite or for a team that is willing to hide her in receive. She's not a good passer (only 38.7% good passing in 2019) and her serve is not very good either. But this is all made up by her attacking and blocking ability (she's one of the best blocking OHs last year).

• Given covid, some players may opt tot remain in school another year or leave. That'll shake up who decides to pursue international ball.

Dani Drews (Utah), Mac May (UCLA), Kayla Lund (Pittsburgh), and maybe Kylie Deberg (Mizzou) are all six rotation outsides I could see being OH in their pro careers.

Drews is left handed and plays both left/right. May is the most complete player out of those four. Lund is the best passing outside in the country. Deberg is one of the best attackers and has one of the best serves (but passing is weak and can be error prone).

• Ridehard10

Changed the title of the thread from “US NCAA Women's VB Season Starts....Kind Of: AND...a Spring 2021 Championship Tournament!” to “.”.
  • sloth

Changed the title of the thread from “.” to “US NCAA Women's VB”.
  • What happened with the title of this thread?

I tried to message you about this; could not get through. The title of my thread...since matches are now increasingly being cancelled by Covid...was too wordy;

I was temporarily deleting the title, since it wasn't apropos to the disaster that is the ever-changing landscape of NCAA VB now, 'til I came with a new one, ok?

So...I guess it worked: your new title will fit just fine! Thanks

• I am wondering how Stanford is going to keep up with the departure of the Fantastic 5. Gray was the best setter on court every time they play. McClure was that one player who stay low but do her work brilliantly. Hentz was the leader of Hentzville, she guarded the floor as clean as possible. Fitzmorris was the girl who get her job done when needed. And Plummer, man. How do you even start with her. Her OOS play brought Stanford to the national glory.

• I am wondering how Stanford is going to keep up with the departure of the Fantastic 5. Gray was the best setter on court every time they play. McClure was that one player who stay low but do her work brilliantly. Hentz was the leader of Hentzville, she guarded the floor as clean as possible. Fitzmorris was the girl who get her job done when needed. And Plummer, man. How do you even start with her. Her OOS play brought Stanford to the national glory.

It'll be a new look, but Stanford is one of the top programs/schools in the country, they'll always have top recruits. (Their 2019 class was ranked #1)

I think there will be a learning curve. Stanford is going to be so young. I think McClure is their only senior. They might not compete for the championship this year but they'll always be at the top or well near it (who knows with 2020 lol)

McClure's a Senior; she is basically a co-captain, along with Holly Campbell, on the 2020-21 squad. They didhave the #1 recruiting class for 2019 (Baird, Berty, Kipp, Vicini and Xu). They didn't get much court time in 2019.

There were some unexpected losses (players who could have come back...but didn't...moving into the 2020 workforce): M. Keefe, Wilson, + Formico are those.

I predict they'll end up top-3 in Pac12; seeded/hosting NCAAs.

• For those who follow NCAA closely. Can you guys name players who will graduate this year or this semester and who has big potential. There are some clubs from Turkey looking for some players... Good players but not expensive.

I know Yossiana Pressley, Dana Rettke who else?

• For those who follow NCAA closely. Can you guys name players who will graduate this year or this semester and who has big potential. There are some clubs from Turkey looking for some players... Good players but not expensive.

I know Yossiana Pressley, Dana Rettke who else?

The NCAA changed their rules with COVID so every player has another year of eligibility. So some if not most of the top players may opt to stay.

Off the top of my head

OHs: Dani Drews, Kylie DeBerg, Kayla Lund, Mac May, Lexi Sun (would be better as an opposite)

MB: Regan Pittman, Lauren Stivrins

RS: Kenzie Koerber, Stephanie Samedy, Maia Dvoracek, Taylor Bannister

S: Sydney Hilley, Madison Lilley

• You've named them all! I would only add Molly Haggerty. IMO she has the potential to become an allround outside hitter:)

• You've named them all! I would only add Molly Haggerty. IMO she has the potential to become an allround outside hitter:)

I debated Molly. My biggest drawback is that she doesn't pass. She will probably play six rotations this season however. I think if she can pass then I'd add her to the list.

I moved Sun to the opposite cause she can't pass to save her life lol. And she has a mean swing on the right in rotation 1 and is a great blocker.

• I debated Molly. My biggest drawback is that she doesn't pass. She will probably play six rotations this season however. I think if she can pass then I'd add her to the list.

I moved Sun to the opposite cause she can't pass to save her life lol. And she has a mean swing on the right in rotation 1 and is a great blocker.

Yes, but I thought the main reason she dind't play in the backrow, was the bad injury she had on her back. Before that, she played six rotations.

I agree about Sun! Block is one of her best is one of its strongest qualities. Also her attack from the right side is better than on the left side😅

• Yes, but I thought the main reason she dind't play in the backrow, was the bad injury she had on her back. Before that, she played six rotations.

I agree about Sun! Block is one of her best is one of its strongest qualities. Also her attack from the right side is better than on the left side😅

Her back injury has me a bit wary of if she would go pro or not. I'm not sure.

I'd like to see Lexi play on the right for Nebraska. But that won't happen since their OH depth is non-existent. Their 2021 recruiting class has three of the top 5 recruits (two are OHs) so im holding out hope lol.

• As for Turkey, I think Stivrins and Samedy are the best fits.

Stivrins has the best slide attack of any middle in the NCAA, besides maybe Rettke. Pittman is the better blocker but is slower than Lauren.

Samedy excels when she has a decent setter. She had monster numbers with Samantha Seliger-Swenson. She played six rotations this season with a bad setter and had a bad season. She is a good defender as well. (Better RS option than like Willow).

• As for Turkey, I think Stivrins and Samedy are the best fits.

Stivrins has the best slide attack of any middle in the NCAA, besides maybe Rettke. Pittman is the better blocker but is slower than Lauren.

Samedy excels when she has a decent setter. She had monster numbers with Samantha Seliger-Swenson. She played six rotations this season with a bad setter and had a bad season. She is a good defender as well. (Better RS option than like Willow).

Thank you again. That's very helpful