2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• What do you guys think Russia's chances against China? In recent years, if there's one team Russia couldn't beat, that actually would be team China so I'm still expecting China would pull this out despite their current performance.. On the other hand, if Russia do the impossible and manage to win this, this will win carry them over to their next matches between USA and Turkey which has historically been close especially for the former.

I feel like Russia will lose to Turkey, Turkey just beat them in the VNL 2021 and they are much stronger now. USA will definitely beat Russia.

As for China, if they dont step their game up, Russia might beat them

• If China lose to Russia they are out IMO. And even winning, China can be out because Russia can beat Turkey. Its an open match.

• What do you guys think Russia's chances against China? In recent years, if there's one team Russia couldn't beat, that actually would be team China so I'm still expecting China would pull this out despite their current performance.. On the other hand, if Russia do the impossible and manage to win this, this will win carry them over to their next matches between USA and Turkey which has historically been close especially for the former.

USA's success came from their good passing... Russia can't do that.

Russia needs Gonch to find her form. One place where Russia does have the advantage is their blocking. They've got to serve tough too... Voronkova and Arina are good servers... but someone's like Gonch's is just too easy. They need to pressure Zhu and LYY/Zhang

• hope Russia take China to a tie break at least. I m surprised with the performance of China. The seemed so stronger before the competition start.

• If Russia beats Turkey then China might be in Danger.

Considering their current playing, china might lose to Russia as well

I didnt see any match of China. I saw Russia loosing to Italy and was a bad gabe by the Russian.

• Like I said few hours ago, China didn't play against USA as bad as 0-3 result would suggest - minor number of errors (7!), solid spike efficiency and a great block. Obviously that's not a level of this team that we are used to see in terms of defense and a performance of Zhang and Gong, but if they find a better production from the opposite (two awful games), I wouldn't count them out from competing for top4 yet. Russia may have their chances considering pressure factor though, it's hard to imagine what is it to be Chinese NT playing for their lives during a group stage after back-to-back 0-3 with all people at home expecting a gold before a tournament, but China is still a clear favorite of this game for me, it's not like Russia played any good against Italy as well.

• I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss China. I don't know why they're not doing as well as expected but I don't think Lang Ping would want the team to fall just like that.

• \Turkey just beat them in the VNL 2021 and they are much stronger now.

In VNL, Turkey beat Russia in 5 sets without a libero on court.. Malova should be a big help this time. I think it's pretty close between the 2 teams.

• Like I said few hours ago, China didn't play against USA as bad as 0-3 result would suggest - minor number of errors (7!), solid spike efficiency and a great block. Obviously that's not a level of this team that we are used to see in terms of defense and a performance of Zhang and Gong, but if they find a better production from the opposite (two awful games), I wouldn't count them out from competing for top4 yet. Russia may have their chances considering pressure factor though, it's hard to imagine what is it to be Chinese NT playing for their lives during a group stage after back-to-back 0-3 with all people at home expecting a gold before a tournament, but China is still a clear favorite of this game for me, it's not like Russia played any good against Italy as well.

I still have faith in them honestly. They work well under pressure.

Zhu ting is doing her best considering her injury

Li yingying is still nervous and possibly strastruck which is normal, yan ni, zhang, gong, ding xia and wang menjie need to step up their game tho

• I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss China. I don't know why they're not doing as well as expected but I don't think Lang Ping would want the team to fall just like that.

It could be mental fatigue. Sometimes these things happen you can't really control that aspect. They're all in good shape, especially Zhu but clearly they're not connecting good enough

China had 14 hitting errors. Their efficiency was .271, which isn't great.

They've got to work on their transition game... but I don't think they'll lose to Russia. USA/Turkey are much better serve/passers than Russia.

Right? I agree with youu on this.

This is lang ping's last major tournament before she retires, i dont think she will accept anything other than the top prize for her and her squad and to end her career. She is a genius and very competitive she will surprise us, hopefully

• China had 14 hitting errors. Their efficiency was .271, which isn't great.

They've got to work on their transition game... but I don't think they'll lose to Russia. USA/Turkey are much better serve/passers than Russia.

you gotta blame their reception and ding xia's horrible setting for that. I want to strangle her, i dont know what's happening to her.

Wang menjie is also letting them down and yan ni is so silent at the net lately

• China had 14 hitting errors. Their efficiency was .271, which isn't great.

These hitting errors were mostly blocked spikes though, I was talking about direct errors (serves/attacks out) that in stats that you posted are listed as ''opponents errors'', and 7 of them in 3 sets is pretty elite (Italy had over 20 against Russia, USA had 14 against China). 39% spike percentage and 27% spike efficiency isn't good (it's not bad though), but I'm not discussing on that, it's hard to have good kills percentage without an OPP.

• These hitting errors were mostly blocked spikes though, I was talking about direct errors (serves/attacks out) that in stats that you posted are listed as ''opponents errors'', and 7 of them in 3 sets is pretty elite (Italy had over 20 against Russia, USA had 14 against China). 39% spike percentage and 27% spike efficiency isn't good (it's not bad though), but I'm not discussing on that, it's hard to have good kills percentage without an OPP.

Im confident they'll step up their game in the upcoming matches.

Zhu also said in her latest interview after the match that her wrist was hurting so much during the match with Turkey but she adjusted herself now.

The question tho is wether the other players will step up their game and do their best or still be sloppy

• you gotta blame their reception and ding xia's horrible setting for that. I want to strangle her, i dont know what's happening to her.

Wang menjie is also letting them down and yan ni is so silent at the net lately

plenty of blame to pass around, too tired to blame any individual player (I agree, wtf is Ding Xia doing...)

Just gonna ask who kept LYY on the bench for ZCN in 2018-19.

They could have not trained after VNL and they'd still perform better than whatever this nonsense was.

Yes, the match was closer than it looks, but... that precisely means that nobody is stepping up in the critical/decisive moments.