2020 Olympics - Tokyo, Japan

• About Douglas, let's clarify some things, he is playing for A team since 2014 and was the best OH in WCH, putting him as starter it's not something from out of this planet.

Leal-Lucarelli it's not playing an entire cycle together, first Lucarelli skip it 2018 season, he was injured and Leal wasn't able to defend Brazil yet, and because in 2017 Lucarelli-Borges were the starters, so this Lucarelli-Leal duo who has played past two years actually happens during 2019 and VNL this year, since we all know 2020 didn't happen. So put Douglas as a starter it's not something based on change a system who has been stablished during 4 years, actually making him a starter it's more like going back to what we used to do.

Using Leal or Lucarelli over Douglas it's a tatic choice from Renan to have more fire power and just this. Going back to Rio 2016, we remember that Bernardinho started the games with Borges and then finish with Lipe, so change a player during the competition it's also not unusual.

I still thinking that Douglas fits better the Brazilian system who has been the same system since ages, especially now that we have a door instead of a libero.

• Thanks. I don't know what else Douglas has to do to be a starter in this team. He is our most stable and most consistent OH.

• ^^^^ France and Brazil have the same (lol), the thing is you guys are in and my French babies are not (mad)

P.S.

And when i say French babies, N'Gapeth, K.Tillie and his father are not part of it!

• ^^^^ France and Brazil have the same (lol), the thing is you guys are in and my French babies are not (mad)

P.S.

And when i say French babies, N'Gapeth, K.Tillie and his father are not part of it!

I see you. This last game was a perfect example of why the presence of N'Gapeth in court can mostly of the times be more prejudicial than benefic for France, in moments that they need him most he just fades away.

• I see you. This last game was a perfect example of why the presence of N'Gapeth in court can mostly of the times be more prejudicial than benefic for France, in moments that they need him most he just fades away.

I just hope that he'll get better if L. Tillie keeps on starting him.. But if he's at the same level. I wish (unlikely) to put in Louati, give him the chance to play. (unlike what he did to Trevor and Thibault in Rio)

• I wish Germany, Slovenia or Bulgaria made it to the olympics instead of France.:white:

If they keep on flopping against beatable teams... How are they gonna beat the bigger teams that are in-form?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• France is in the Olympics coz they earned their spot. They worked for it. Not their fault why Germany, Slovenia and Bulgaria did not qualify.

If France cant win against bigger teams, how much more those teams that didnt even qualify. 🤷

• France is in the Olympics coz they earned their spot. They worked for it. Not their fault why Germany, Slovenia and Bulgaria did not qualify.

Yeah, if someone supports these teams, that's fine to wish they would be here (although they all got beaten by out-of-shape France in QT, sorry not sorry), but it's a false narrative if someone believes that they would make a significant impact here. Slovenia lost to Argentina at last WCH as well.

• I wish Germany, Slovenia or Bulgaria made it to the olympics instead of France.:white:

If they keep on flopping against beatable teams... How are they gonna beat the bigger teams that are in-form?

Let's wish them to make it into Paris. We can't deny that France was really work hard to earn this spot, and deserved to play for whatever performance they show in this OG. I have learnt from the harsh thing, China WNT performance.

• Games to catch an eye on it: BRA x USA, who win will put a foot in QF. Last time Brazil won USA in OG was at semifinal in Athens 2004.

RUS x FRA: decisive match for France, period.

In group A, at this point, every match is unpredictable, who knows how this day will gonna end there.

• RUS x FRA: decisive match for France, period.

France will still have chances to advance even if they lose to Russia.

In Group A, Poland should win it all, the rest indeed is close enough to make it really hard to foresee anything. But I bet Italy will beat Iran today, and then Iran and Japan will play against each other an elimination game where the winner will advance. A scenario where both Iran and Japan will play in QF is possible only if Japan gets at least one point today, or Iran wins against Italy (or Canada loses a point against Venezuela). Oh, and Iran getting a point as well, but Japan has to win a set against Poland (considering 3-0 win of Canada).

• France will still have chances to advance even if they lose to Russia.

In Group A, Poland should win it all, the rest indeed is close enough to make it really hard to foresee anything. But I bet Italy will beat Iran today, and then Iran and Japan will play against each other an elimination game where the winner will advance. A scenario where both Iran and Japan will play in QF is possible only if Japan gets at least one point today, or Iran wins against Italy (or Canada loses a point against Venezuela). Oh, and Iran getting a point as well, but Japan has to win a set against Poland (considering 3-0 win of Canada).

Yes, I know they will still have chances, I said decisive because losing means play against Brazil in an elimination match, which could be for both of them.

• Teams are already warming up.

Match here with English comments. VPN is needed.

• USA 4:0 BRA

BRA called the first timeout.

• Bruno did not have a good start.

Three bad passes already

• USA blowing up a 5-0 point lead...:gone:

Brazil looks very tense, especially Bruno (not accurate sets), but Lucarelli looks :box: