• Saw a clip of Plummer playing for Denso's first match against Hisamitsu and the girl couldn't keep up. The pace is a lot faster than what she's used to, I guess. And as someone pointed out in the V.League thread, she was struggling to jump. Denso better do more rounds with her to let her get used to their style.

Not surprising. Being in Japan will be good for the USA fast. She was struggling in the exhibitions they played against Canada.

• i watched a little of minas games last and this week. cuttino is really skinny now (not that she was fat), but what’s so impressive is how fast she gets to the ball and then smashes it. i think the competition for the OPP spots for tokyo got much more interesting... and also with thompson playing as OH ... it’s going to get crowded there too.

It's still going to be Thompson/Drews as the Opps for Tokyo. I don't think anyone is changing that convo.

I would bet we're not going to get a VNL next spring before Tokyo. I'm not sure there's enough time for anyone to make their case with Karch.

Plus Thompson and MBH can both be used on both pins. The only scenario for another pin is if Courtney gets left off and Karch only goes with JWO.

• And the main question is, who is going to be libero for US ??

Maybe Jordan Larson ?

• It'll be JWO or Courtney.

Personally I would like to see Krob. Larson won't be there since Krob is a better passer and defender.

Courtney is great in defence.

She had great performance at WCCH, but She is not always like that.

• With this new squad US has huge potential for next Olympics

For Tokyo, I don't think they are ready. They have great player in every position, expect libero. They finally have OPP, Hooker was missing so much.

• Courtney is great in defence.

She had great performance at WCCH, but She is not always like that.

Im not sure I would say she's great in defense (at least with the national team). She's a good passer but her tip reading is non-existent (which is understandable for an OH)

That's where JWO excels and that's why I think we'll see her as libero. Her passing can be dealt with by Drews or JT.

• With this new squad US has huge potential for next Olympics

For Tokyo, I don't think they are ready. They have great player in every position, expect libero. They finally have OPP, Hooker was missing so much.

2024 will have high expectations. Poulter will be setting, JT will be leading the pins, Krob will be the veteran presence.

2028 will have even higher. It will be in LA and the US will have one of their deepest talent pools ready (the U18s that won the WC) Orr, Mruzik, Robinson, Krause, Rodriguez will all be staples by then. Doesn't include anyone else coming through the system either.

• i don’t know anything about the US program, but you made me watch a little bit of the u18 match against BRA. i liked both the OPP londot and the MB robinson.

Londot and Robinson are two of the top in their age group in the NT pool.

Robinson will be playing opp. this season for her university but she'll be a very good middle once Dana Rettke graduates.

• For an OH, Courtney has good defense. But as a libero, that level of defense is mediocre at best. She has really good passing skills though. Otoh, I really believe Larson could be an effective libero though. She has good defense, reception and overall ball control. She can even set OOS balls :lol:

• For an OH, Courtney has good defense. But as a libero, that level of defense is mediocre at best. She has really good passing skills though. Otoh, I really believe Larson could be an effective libero though. She has good defense, reception and overall ball control. She can even set OOS balls :lol:

i don’t think that’s where her teammates want her to be. Whenever she’s inside the court, I think they will want to rely on her as an OH where they can go to for everything you just said and for the veteran hitting. No need to ask for power from her. that’s where Drews, JT, MBH and Hill will come in.

• Larson is a better hitter in the USA fast than Krob is. That's why I dont want to see Larson as the libero, it's a better fit for Krob who is the better passer and defender. But Krob doesn't want to do the role. so *shrug*