COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

• 832...Crazy :white: too many people have lost their lives, 18% of all confirmed closed cases now, some people say we will all get it anyway so why don't we just try immunity... If whole world gets infected, millions would die. Europe should really look at South Korea and even the China there is so much propaganda against, at least they managed to slow it down now. Though a 2nd wave is always a scare...

Worldometers shows the most recent update in the day, not by rule all deceased in 24 hours.

• i think wordometers shows the death/cases from 00:00 untill 00:00 of the next day.

But each country counts the death/cases in different hours.

For example greece anounces the deaths at 18:00 (gmt +2).

So the new greek cases that worldofmeter shows are from 18:00 (yesterday) untill 18:00 (today).

• Indeed for a most countries this is the case and countries like USA and China even have multiple updates in a day.

Actually USA even has a live local count where they add everytime a hospital makes it known. I think they're testing a lot of people, I think countries should also put the postive % tested to give a more realistic view of how much its spread.

Turkey updates more frequently as well locally, some numbers:

Source: Turkish CNN https://www.cnnturk.com/corona-virusu-haberleri

Total tested/suspected cases: 55464

Total tested positive: 7402

7402/55464*100= 13.35% tested positive

Problem is probably that a lot of countries don't report on this, but it would really give us a better idea of the situation along with official numbers.

• Yes. Actually i think one the main reason that the death rate in germany is so low is that they are doing more tests than the other countries so they have more cases.

About spain i ve notice that the official deaths are always different from the worldometers. I think spain announces the official deaths each morning. So the 24hours of spain is like half of the previous day+half of the current.

• https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105

Nice visual graphs showing time course of outbreak country by country. You can have a better idea of how quick the spread was in certain countries like turkey

• Turkey is testing at least 10K people a day! now after scientists pointed to government workers in arguments on tv we CAN NOT handle it like another Spain or Italy and should take South Korea really as an example. They said it starts with testing as much people as possible to realize the real numbers unlike in some countries and take drastic measures.

Im shook the government actually listened but good for them.

• Tomorrow Turkey is over 10k even 11k, it will become one of the biggest country with numbers of cases... I hope it is not to late and that you are becoming new Italy or Spain.

Hold on Turkey :heart:

I have feeling that Sweden is doing the best job with Corona virus. Not strange, they are one of the most modern, richest country. And politic has nothing with it.

• Tomorrow Turkey is over 10k even 11k, it will become one of the biggest country with numbers of cases... I hope it is not to late and that you are becoming new Italy or Spain.

Hold on Turkey :heart:

I have feeling that Sweden is doing the best job with Corona virus. Not strange, they are one of the most modern, richest country. And politic has nothing with it.

Tbh the whole world has such numbers at this point, that's a fact. But most countries aren't testing as much as Turkey and/or are only testing people in critical situations (cancer, chronic diseases etc)

Some countries the case for this is simply lack of financial backings though which is why its understandable. In Countries like India and in African countries it seems only people that can afford to test themselves get tested...

• Honey it's just too late to take South Korea as an example. 20% of the tested people are infected regularly and Turkey is ranked at 13th position in total cases already. The virus is all over the country. I am not saying we should be panicing but we are going to face what UK, Spain, Germany etc. are facing now.

• Honey it's just too late to take South Korea as an example. 20% of the tested people are infected regularly and Turkey is ranked at 13th position in total cases already. The virus is all over the country. I am not saying we should be panicing but we are going to face what UK, Spain, Germany etc. are facing now.

The whole world is going to get 100s of thousands probably, its not at the peak yet. So I'm happy with measures taken quicker than later. In other countries the current number isnt correct anyway.

The Turkish government is still withholding information about which cities are most infected though so they're still indeed problematic.

It seems Istanbul (Marmara) and Izmir (Aegean) are the most infected followed by other big cities as well like Ankara.