Russia -Superleague 2019-2020

• Well, Klets is better so far. Let's see what happens in VNL. Btw, I think Sammelvuo likes so much the team he built in Kuzbass and I'm afraid that he prefers Kobzar, Poletaev ( that's why I think he'll be in Tokyo), Yaroslav, and Karpukhov over other players :gone:. These four players are having so many ups and downs this season, so if he brings them, he is putting at risk Tokyo 2021 :wacko:

I would like to understand you and the others on this topic as I simply cannot see why someone would see Klets over Poletaev right now.

Klets has played ONLY 3 matches this season, has never played against top teams in tough situations/tournaments. YES, Poletaev is not having a great season, but not a terrible either ( statistics don't say all but he had the same attack percentage of Sokolov in the final ) and as mentioned above he'd already proved himself on a high level both in the NT and club.

• Does anybody know what happen to Kerminen and Kabeshov? The fact Dinamo is playing their third libero is a mystery to me. Atleast he's cute. :whistle:

Kerminen has not lived up the expectation after a great period in Kuzbass. Actually, any libero has shined in the league to me thus far. I'd say it is the weakest link in Russian NT at the moment.

• I would like to understand you and the others on this topic as I simply cannot see why someone would see Klets over Poletaev right now.

Klets has played ONLY 3 matches this season, has never played against top teams in tough situations/tournaments. YES, Poletaev is not having a great season, but not a terrible either ( statistics don't say all but he had the same attack percentage of Sokolov in the final ) and as mentioned above he'd already proved himself on a high level both in the NT and club.

I know he hasn't proven anything yet in the NT level, but ppl like him so much because of his potential. Since he returned, Enisey beat St. Petersburg (without Poletaev) and Fakel, and he showed a great performance. Besides, Russia has two technical opposites like Maxim and Viktor and they need a strong one IMO.

Let's see how he does in QF and VNL.

Actually, any libero has shined in the league to me thus far. I'd say it is the weakest link in Russian NT at the moment.

I think the same. What do u guys think about Obmochaev? I saw he was playing in Kuzbass, but I didn't pay attention to him. Is he returning to his level in 2012? Other options are Golubev (maybe he'll be the principal libero), Baranov, and Melkozerov. I liked Kabeshov, but he is injured and not at his best level. I also like Ilya Fedorov, he has too much potential to be the main libero in the next 20 years, but it could be risky to bring him to Tokyo.

• I'm reading on the Russian volleyball forums and Poletaev is getting a lot of criticism for his performance (or lack thereof). They are suggesting Klets to be the 2nd opposite in Tokyo, but I think this is pretty unfair to Viktor. Without him, Russia wouldn't win VNL last year, and Poletaev was the biggest offensive weapon during Olympic qualifiers as Mikahylov was still transitioning back from playing as OH to Opp. Same with Kliuka, I think both are still struggling with some minor injuries. I will give Poletaev a pass for now and let's see if he can get back to his previous form for the remaining of the season.

Wait, sorry for the random question but where does one find those forums? I wanna read more on volleyball (and try out my rudimentary Russian).

Anyway, I think that Poletaev seems to perform the best with Kobzar, so if Kobzar goes to Tokyo, Sammelvuo should definitely bring Poletaev to get the most out of him because Poletaev has definitely proven himself in the NT. I'm not too sure about the injuries situation though, but I think he should still be the second opposite for Tokyo.

• Kerminen has not lived up the expectation after a great period in Kuzbass. Actually, any libero has shined in the league to me thus far. I'd say it is the weakest link in Russian NT at the moment.

Melkhozerov from St. Petersburg seems to do a good job I think if we base solely on watching the matches. Not sure if the statistics says otherwise.

EDIT: Forgot to say the young libero Ilia Fedorov has HUGE potential. Kazan should ditch one of their starting liberos and start investing on him this early. He should get a call to the NT after Tokyo at least.

• Speaking of Russian setters, I think we have 2 clear candidates (or 3 if we include Pankov to the picture). Kobzar will definitely make it to Tokyo (and not only for his Kuzbass connection with Sammelvuo) and to be honest he had a good 2019 season with NT, either as the main tie-on or the backup setter. I'm not too keen on Butko at the moment and I think his age is now starting to catch up with him (35 y.o. if I'm not mistaken), so I'd be happy if Sammelvuo brings Kobzar-Pankov duo to Olympics.

• Losing teams of Russian Cup semifinals, Zenit Kazan and Lokomotiv will play a league game tonight.

Unofficially, this will act as the bronze medal match for russian cup which didn't exist for this season.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Lyzik the best MB on the court right now :box:

• 1st set still not over 40-40 :white:

UPDATE: Finally it ended 43-41 in Lokomotiv's favor. This is definitely the longest set in Russian league for this season. If this match goes over to 5, then we can have close to a 3-hour match :lol:

• I thought they're going to cross the 45 point threshold but the Lokomotiv block took down Mikhailov finally.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• What a great read from Luburic on Mikhailov's tip. Mikhailov thought he was going to get a triple block.

#FreeBritney

• We don't see that setter dump all the time in men's volleyball. Nice read from Abaev.

#FreeBritney

• Those terrible out of system sets for Luburic are going to show up on his efficiency statistics.

#FreeBritney

• Don't tell me Lokomotiv's fuel died already because the first set felt like two sets in one? :gone:

#FreeBritney

• Don't tell me Lokomotiv's fuel died already because the first set felt like two sets in one? :gone:

It should be the other way around, grampas are on Kazan side :lol:

• Can Luburic be considered an elite Opp like Top 5? Or maybe just a level lower than what we consider "creme de la creme".

• Kurkaev is out or is it Lyzik?

#FreeBritney

• Kurkaev is out?

Looks like Scherbinin is in now. He was doing pretty alright not sure why the coach pulled him out

EDIT: Kurkaev is back in

• Ngapeth doesn't look too motivated on this match. After Russian Cup semi-finals, this match looks pretty inconsequential can't blame him

• Abaev-Kurkaev connection is surprisingly good today. Kurkaev is not an easy MB to set due to his different tempo in attack. But as what I saw in VNL, he can be a pretty effective middle with the right setter.