Russia -Superleague 2019-2020

• It seems he’s lost his monster jumping ability after all those injuries... ;(

Poletaev reminds me of Kosheleva who relied more on athleticism/vertical jump that made them so efficient. When that ability is no longer what is used to be, either due to age and/or injuries, sadly makes them look like a different player.

• Unfortunately, Zenit is a mess with how they set their team up.

Dinamo Moscow is the better constructed team and it shows in this final.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Medal Ceremony stream, anyone?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• The very young OH of Moscow plays so well!

I agree. And to think his transfer to Moscow from his previous club Belogorie was controversial. This had good pay-off in the end for Moscow

• Poletaev reminds me of Kosheleva who relied more on athleticism/vertical jump that made them so efficient. When that ability is no longer what is used to be, either due to age and/or injuries, sadly makes them look like a different player.

Yup, but at least Kosheleva did reach her best and had her own prime time and won some important international tournaments. OTOH Poletaev didn’t really reach his potential best, but already had so many injuries when he’s still young.

• Anyone guess who will be MVP? Obvious choice is Sokolov, but Pankov would be a good choice as well.

• Anyone guess who will be MVP? Obvious choice is Sokolov, but Pankov would be a good choice as well.

It was Pankov and I have to agree somewhat because while he over-relied on Sokolov, the mistakes weren't that visible because they completely dominated the game.

#FreeBritney

• The final was rather underwhelming, but congrats to Dinamo. Everything worked for them today, I actually think Zenit played better than I expected in the semis compared to their previous matches.

I am happy for Pankov, I think he is doing a great season. A style similar to Butko - very pragmatic, and though not the most inspiring distribution, pretty efficient. He also contributes a lot on the service line and blocking. Also nice to see Vlasov and Podlesnikh being consistent

As for Zenit. The only good news is that Kliuka played close to his full potential. Poletaev although with the same attack percentage of Sokolov ( wouldn't think that:!:) is just not decisive or trusted. Sammelvuo clueless to find solutions. Hopefully, they will improve.

• Moscow and Zenit will likely meet in ECV Cup Finals if both win their respective SF matches. Petersburg will surely be super motivated to get one back :win:

• Moscow and Zenit will likely meet in ECV Cup Finals if both win their respective SF matches. Petersburg will surely be super motivated to get one back :win:

I expect Dinamo Moscow to win.

Let's face it. Kliuka and Poletaev will struggle with injuries and Deroo will return to form and Vlasov will keep on improving.

Iakovlev is not gonna carry this team to their first most important title and Ursov isn't going to score 20 pts to compensate for Kliuka or Poletaev absences.

They really need that one good transfer on the winger department if Camejo cannot come back anymore for this season. I'm okay with Lewandowski's twin as back up opposite but they badly need an OH who can attack from the backrow. I mean, Kliuka did really well but did he even attack the pipe or d-ball at all?

#FreeBritney

• Does anybody know what happen to Kerminen and Kabeshov? The fact Dinamo is playing their third libero is a mystery to me. Atleast he's cute. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• They really need that one good transfer on the winger department if Camejo cannot come back anymore for this season. I'm okay with Lewandowski's twin as back up opposite but they badly need an OH who can attack from the backrow. I mean, Kliuka did really well but did he even attack the pipe or d-ball at all?

Anderson would have been the perfect choice as OH but I guess Matt did not accept the offer. Petersburg should get ahead of the transfer market next season, probably someone like Clevenot is a good choice (that plus he's easy on the eyes :lol:). That said, if Zenit continues flopping, I don't think they will renew with Brizzard

• Does anybody know what happen to Kerminen and Kabeshov? The fact Dinamo is playing their third libero is a mystery to me. Atleast he's cute. :whistle:

Moscow is the hottest team this season almost everyone is good-looking except for Likhoshertov :rolll:

• I'm reading on the Russian volleyball forums and Poletaev is getting a lot of criticism for his performance (or lack thereof). They are suggesting Klets to be the 2nd opposite in Tokyo, but I think this is pretty unfair to Viktor. Without him, Russia wouldn't win VNL last year, and Poletaev was the biggest offensive weapon during Olympic qualifiers as Mikahylov was still transitioning back from playing as OH to Opp. Same with Kliuka, I think both are still struggling with some minor injuries. I will give Poletaev a pass for now and let's see if he can get back to his previous form for the remaining of the season.

• Anderson would have been the perfect choice as OH but I guess Matt did not accept the offer. Petersburg should get ahead of the transfer market next season, probably someone like Clevenot is a good choice (that plus he's easy on the eyes :lol:). That said, if Zenit continues flopping, I don't think they will renew with Brizzard

Brizard is the least of their problems but it's such a shame he's a foreign player.

Clevenot is an okay transfer but he's not going to create an impact as much as an Anderson could for St. Petersburg and I'm also afraid he's probably gonna struggle with this team and in Russian league where the block is higher. They need a much stronger solution who can pass and attack from the backrow.

They also need to take into account serving efficiency, serving kill percentage and team side-out capabilities.

The fact Brizard is their best ace getter is a tragedy. They need more from the other players and even the bench.

I honestly believe this team should've kept Pankov. I don't even understand why they made a move for Kovalev. This was the start of the downfall for this club. It had a promising beginning but their choices in the market is jeopardizing the good will they got from the fans and gazprom investors.

Considering Schalke's wretched performance in Bundesliga, we could see a grave or great hit with the next season for all sponsored clubs of Gazprom and with the pandemic not ending yet atleast until 2022, times are uncertain for Zenit St. Petersburg if they can't produce results being asked after a colossal investment on Kliuka and Poletaev.

#FreeBritney

• I'm reading on the Russian volleyball forums and Poletaev is getting a lot of criticism for his performance (or lack thereof). They are suggesting Klets to be the 2nd opposite in Tokyo, but I think this is pretty unfair to Viktor. Without him, Russia wouldn't win VNL last year, and Poletaev was the biggest offensive weapon during Olympic qualifiers as Mikahylov was still transitioning back from playing as OH to Opp. Same with Kliuka, I think both are still struggling with some minor injuries. I will give Poletaev a pass for now and let's see if he can get back to his previous form for the remaining of the season.

Well, Klets is better so far. Let's see what happens in VNL. Btw, I think Sammelvuo likes so much the team he built in Kuzbass and I'm afraid that he prefers Kobzar, Poletaev ( that's why I think he'll be in Tokyo), Yaroslav, and Karpukhov over other players :gone:. These four players are having so many ups and downs this season, so if he brings them, he is putting at risk Tokyo 2021 :wacko: