Russia -Superleague 2019-2020

• Aaaand Kazan's unblemished record finally ends! Of all the stronger teams who could not manage to do it, it was Belgorod of all teams who was able to inflict Kazan's it's first defeat of the season. That said Ngapeth still not playing after the slight injury, I think Kazan is preserving his health for Russian Cup Finals in December.

Belogorie has some interesting young prospects. Tetyukhin (son of S. Tetyukhin) and Sidenko are good OH and OPP prospects for the NT and should be given the chance to play for NT after this cycle.

• If I am not wrong Kazan lost to Ural in the first round of the Russian Cup, but it was a useless match anyway... I am yet to see today's game, just watched their weekend's clash and Belgorod had already put a good fight. Can't remember the last time I had seen Illinikh playing - good to see him returning, although clearly not in his prime . It looks like it affected the team positively, and this since the Russian Cup, after such a terrible start.

Looking at stats it seems Sidenko played well indeed, which is a surprise to me cause all the other times I saw him he played really bad8).

Moroz is back playing ( Neftyank ) after the suspension for doping too.

• If I am not wrong Kazan lost to Ural in the first round of the Russian Cup, but it was a useless match anyway... I am yet to see today's game, just watched their weekend's clash and Belgorod had already put a good fight. Can't remember the last time I had seen Illinikh playing - good to see him returning, although clearly not in his prime . It looks like it affected the team positively, and this since the Russian Cup, after such a terrible start.

I know that game of Kazan you're referencing with Ural, that was for the preliminaries for Russian Cup which was actually played BEFORE the start of the official season. So yesterday's match with Belogorie is the first actual loss of Kazan this season

• Russian Cup first SF pair Zenit St. Petersburg - Zenit Kazan :box:

For the other SF pairing, Lokomotiv is still waiting for their opponent most probably either Kuzbass or Moscow

• My money on Moscow VS Kazan on the final! 💪🏽

I actually want Lokomotiv to avenge their loss to Kazan in Russain SuperCup so Lokomotiv-Kazan for me in the finals :cheesy:

• I know that game of Kazan you're referencing with Ural, that was for the preliminaries for Russian Cup which was actually played BEFORE the start of the official season. So yesterday's match with Belogorie is the first actual loss of Kazan this season

My bad, I thought it was part of this season already.

Re today's round - Belogorie didn't gather steam from the previous victory and were beaten by Kuzbass. Zenit St. Petersburg had yet again a poor performance and lost 3X0 to Fakel. Kliuka and Poletaev still not up to par.
    Do someone know what is the status of Pashytski ? I know he was having some issues with paperwork at the starte of the season but it is almost december and nothing solved...
    Fakel doing a good job, Bodgan has become pretty stable in reception, wouldn't be surprised if he is called to the NT.

• My bad, I thought it was part of this season already.

Re today's round - Belogorie didn't gather steam from the previous victory and were beaten by Kuzbass. Zenit St. Petersburg had yet again a poor performance and lost 3X0 to Fakel. Kliuka and Poletaev still not up to par.
    Do someone know what is the status of Pashytski ? I know he was having some issues with paperwork at the starte of the season but it is almost december and nothing solved...
    Fakel doing a good job, Bodgan has become pretty stable in reception, wouldn't be surprised if he is called to the NT.

IMHO, Volkov, Kliuka, Bogdan, and Voronkov must be the four OH in Tokyo 2020. I don't like Podlesnykh, he usually makes a lot of mistakes in the most important games.

About the second opposite, idk what's going on with Poletaev... if he doesn't improve, he just won't go.

• Do someone know what is the status of Pashytski ? I know he was having some issues with paperwork at the starte of the season but it is almost december and nothing solved...

Pashytski sports citizenship is now Russian and he can play in domestic league w/o occupying the foreigner spot (not that Zenit needs it this season anyway). Source: https://worldofvolley.com/Late…y-for-the-russian-nt.html

With regards to his possible inclusion in NT, not sure if he will be invited at all. Kurkaev-Iakovlev is already locked IMO, and third MB is most probably going to be Muserskiy if he is healthy (but I would take Pashitskiy over Volvich any day). Maybe VNL?

• IMHO, Volkov, Kliuka, Bogdan, and Voronkov must be the four OH in Tokyo 2020. I don't like Podlesnykh, he usually makes a lot of mistakes in the most important games.

About the second opposite, idk what's going on with Poletaev... if he doesn't improve, he just won't go.

I think what's even more worrying is Kliuka. His level dropped significantly more so than Poletaev, his spiking form is just not the same maybe he has an existing injury? I know this is not the Russian Men NT thread, but I really wouldn't bring all 3 of Kiluka, Bogdan and Voronkov as they are kinda similar type of players. I would add a 'defensive OH' to the mix to help with the reception, not sure if Podlesnykh can be considered such, maybe someone like Karpukhov or Ursov.

Re Poletaev, I think he is fine let's give him a pass. He was exceedingly good in 2019 season (actually his best season so far), maybe he just needs some time to get back to his previous form. Mikhaylov can be backup OPP, worse case he can play as emergency OH if one of Volkov/Kliuka is under-performing.

• I think what's even more worrying is Kliuka. His level dropped significantly more so than Poletaev, his spiking form is just not the same maybe he has an existing injury? I know this is not the Russian Men NT thread, but I really wouldn't bring all 3 of Kiluka, Bogdan and Voronkov as they are kinda similar type of players. I would add a 'defensive OH' to the mix to help with the reception, not sure if Podlesnykh can be considered such, maybe someone like Karpukhov or Ursov.

Re Poletaev, I think he is fine let's give him a pass. He was exceedingly good in 2019 season (actually his best season so far), maybe he just needs some time to get back to his previous form. Mikhaylov can be backup OPP, worse case he can play as emergency OH if one of Volkov/Kliuka is under-performing.

Bogdan is a must.

Like you said, Kliuka is underperforming. I don't think he has any existing injury. It would have been announced if there was anything of that sort. Maybe he's going through a slump which is normal given the present condition but still not an excuse. But Kliuka is good at adjusting so I have faith that his performance will get better.

• Right now, I think I would go with Volkov, Kliuka, Bogdan and Voronkonv too. I do understand the sense of bringing a "defensive" OH, but Voronkov is surprisingly good in reception despite his height, one of the best in the league IMO. I don't see any defensive OH that could add more than him. Podlesnykh and Nikitin are better at defense rather than good receptors and Semyshev is a question mark. Last season he had a lot of chances in Belogorie and didn't live up to the expectations, and this season he will probably have very little playing time, and the little he played so far he didn't impress.

Thanks for the update on Pashitskyi - hopefully it will all sort out soon as I think he can boost Zenit's game, although the decent play performed by both Yakovlev and Filipov.

• Zenit has a match tonight with Lokomotiv,. let's see if Petersburg can redeem themselves after the 3-0 loss against Fakel.

• what happened against Fakel? were they underperforming or Fakel was simply playing amazing?

More like a combination of both. Fakel were playing unusually good for their standards, and Zenit just couldn't seem to find a good rhythm going into the match. Yakovlev was the only bright spot for Zenit, I think he is the No.1 MB in the league right now based simply on how he is playing

• In my opinion the Kliuka-Volkov duo is very unstable combination of OHs so it's not a surprise Bogdan is doing well despite Kliuka's departure.

Other young russian OHs like Bogdan and Podlesnykh are underrated. They provide something Kliuka or Volkov don't. They aren't the best in their age category but they are good enough to start for the biggest clubs now.

Whatever Zenit St. Petersburg paid for Kliuka, it isn't really showing up as strength because from what I've said before in the previous transfer thread, they needed a decent and experienced OH willing to become a back up for him because we know fully well he isn't going to be available for like 80% of the time.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Poletaev not starting for Zenit. Kurkaev not playing again maybe injury from the last match? Damn he is so injury-prone.

• In my opinion the Kliuka-Volkov duo is very unstable combination of OHs so it's not a surprise Bogdan is doing well despite Kliuka's departure.

Other young russian OHs like Bogdan and Podlesnykh are underrated. They provide something Kliuka or Volkov don't. They aren't the best in their age category but they are good enough to start for the biggest clubs now.

Whatever Zenit St. Petersburg paid for Kliuka, it isn't really showing up as strength because from what I've said before in the previous transfer thread, they needed a decent and experienced OH willing to become a back up for him because we know fully well he isn't going to be available for like 80% of the time.

Agreed about Kliuka/Volkov. Their performance has its extreme ends. They're not bad players but when they perform poorly it's impossible for them to pick up the pace.

I wouldn't call Bogdan underrated but it seems Podelsnykh is often underestimated. Pod puts his strength to maximum use.