Serbian League final 2003/04

• I believe all Serbian forum members know about this legendary game, but I would like to share with the other members an amazing turn of players of Crvena Zvezda (Red Star) against Jedinstvo Užice in the 5th match of the final series of the League edition 2003/04. In one moment Jedinstvo leds 2-1 in sets and 24-19 (have 5 championship points), but Crvena Zvezda 7 point in a row on the Ivana Djerisilo serve and fantastic block and other legendary participant. Sadly we have video only for end of the 4th set, but expectedly Crvena Zvezda also won the fifth set wit 15-10 and won third championship title in a row.

Link of the video:

i am sorry for the very bad quality

Numerouos feature world class player and 2 legendary cocah from Serbia participated in this match.

Players from both teams:

Jedinstvo:

s: Ana Antonijevic

opp: Sanja Starovic

oh: Vesna Tomasevic, Jasna Majstorovic

mb: Natasa Krsmanovic, Aleksandra Avramovic

l: Suzana Cebic

coach: Darko Zakoc

Crvena Zvezda:

s: Maja Ognjenovic

opp: Ivana Popovic

oh: Ivana Djerisilo, Anja Spasojevic

mb: Dragana Ilic, Marija Mratnikovic

l: Marina Vujovic

coach: Zoran Terzic

This is the first volleyball match that I watched remember.

p.s. Maja with the jump serve, and only 19 years. :heart:

At the moment when she was on serve, the legendary Serbian sports commentator described her as frightened. :lol:

• I would like to learn more about Darko Zakoc. I remember he has done amazing job with Postar and I heard some rumors like he's not get along with Terzic.

Ana Antonijevic is 16 yo in this game btw. Damn, before all injuries, she was so good.

• I would like to learn more about Darko Zakoc. I remember he has done amazing job with Postar and I heard some rumors like he's not get along with Terzic.

Ana Antonijevic is 16 yo in this game btw. Damn, before all injuries, she was so good.

By the circumstances, I know Darko and his family privately and I can only say that he is a wonderful man and a very inspirational volleyball expert. After Serbia, he spent literally the rest of his career in Romania, he seemed to me to be the national team selector for a period as well, and probably his biggest success in the career is final of the Champions League with Alba Blaj in 2017/18 season. Though I would single out as the greatest success his work in Jedinstvo Užice with numerous legends of Serbian volleyball (Vesna Čitakovic, Krsmanovic, Ćebić, Starovic, Antonijevic, Tomasevic, Avramovic, ............) , he has contributed in many respects to the expansion of women's volleyball in Serbia and the successes that have followed since 2006 and the World Championship.

Ofc his work in Postar golden era is significant also.

Ana Antonijevic is a great player IMO often thought undervalued and forgotten, she played great in Cannes. Interestingly, she took on the Cev Olympic qual tournament 2012 the role of starting setter in the Serbian national team from Maja (little bit because a few months before, Serbia played with her in the World Cup, without Maja because of a rest, on the other hand she was superb that season in Cannes with which won against Vakifbank in qf of Cev CL and later run to the final), but she got injured before the Olympic Games and sadly she will never play on them.

• Wow. Those teams 😍

I didn’t know Djerisilo was OH before, I thought her original position is OPP but she played OH at the late of her career.

Maja and Krsmanovic seem like a different people.

I loved Ana when she played for Cannes and always rooted for her. I always wonder what could have happened if she didn’t have those two horrible injuries. Maja was a bit on slow track those days because of her boyfriend and volleyball didn’t seem her first priority. Maybe we would be watching Ana leading Serbia. Who knows.

• Wow, what a gem! Young Ana x Young Maja! :super:

I used to freaking ADORE Ana back in Cannes... Ana + Rasic/Ravva was a gift from the Gods, or from these Goddesses, because it's what they are...

Till this day I am feeling really sour about what happened to her.. So sad

• Ana is so adorable in connection with middles.

• I loved Ana when she played for Cannes and always rooted for her. I always wonder what could have happened if she didn’t have those two horrible injuries. Maja was a bit on slow track those days because of her boyfriend and volleyball didn’t seem her first priority. Maybe we would be watching Ana leading Serbia. Who knows.

The plan was that Maja would retire fron NT (and possibly volleyball in general) after London and Ana would take over. But then the London Olympics ended in a total disaster for Serbia and Maja decided she wasn't going to leave on such a terrible note, Ana got injured and figured she'd rather spend her summers resting than training full time only to sit on the bench, and that was that.

Đerisilo did start as OH but converted to OPP pretty soon, by the following season already if I remember well. That nasty shoulder injury in 2007 really derailed her career and she was never the same after that.

At that time Terzić was sometimes accused of giving preferential treatment to players from Crvena Zvezda, and the "victims" were Vesna Tomašević and Sanja Starović in particular. Back then, Starović was considered a bigger prospect than Đerisilo and I sometimes wonder if her career would have turned out differently had she had a more prominent role on NT.

• Luckily eight years later we watch Maja in an even better release, that horror at the 2012 Olympics brought something good too lol.

• By the circumstances, I know Darko and his family privately and I can only say that he is a wonderful man and a very inspirational volleyball expert. After Serbia, he spent literally the rest of his career in Romania, he seemed to me to be the national team selector for a period as well, and probably his biggest success in the career is final of the Champions League with Alba Blaj in 2017/18 season. Though I would single out as the greatest success his work in Jedinstvo Užice with numerous legends of Serbian volleyball (Vesna Čitakovic, Krsmanovic, Ćebić, Starovic, Antonijevic, Tomasevic, Avramovic, ............) , he has contributed in many respects to the expansion of women's volleyball in Serbia and the successes that have followed since 2006 and the World Championship.

Ofc his work in Postar golden era is significant also.

Do you think there is a possibility that he leads Serbian NT after Terzic? I read that Terzic will retire after Olympics.

(No word about Darko and Terzic relationship, I guess rumours are true haha)

• (No word about Darko and Terzic relationship, I guess rumours are true haha)

Oh i forgot to answer on that, TBH i don't know anything about that, maybe JoanaBG or Janko can say more about that if they know anything.

Do you think there is a possibility that he leads Serbian NT after Terzic? I read that Terzic will retire after Olympics.

IMO very low possibility for that, i bet on Marijana Boricic (coach of the junior national team for a long time) or one of the Terzic assistant (Vladisavljev, Kovacevic, Bulatovic) but honestly i dont like the second solution.