Italy - Serie A1 2020/21

• -Today both Conegliano MB played great, I'm surprised by Butigan. She improving so nice and Folie slaying as She was never injure, 73% in attack with 2 blocks. Again second best scorer right behind Egonu with 11pts.

Egonu with standard 60% in attack:gone:

-Sylla still can't find right shape in attack at least She is blocking like crazy.

-Christina against played terrible match. Sara deserved way before chance to start over her.

Washington literally slayed, She is becoming one of my fave MBs. :heart:

Smarzek needs to go out of Novara, She doesn't deserves to be in such a top club, She is only weak spot.

• Smarzek is Novara's weak spot. Yep FB will eat them alive.

Yeah they have one weak spot, but pls lets don’t talk about Fener 3-4weak spots. :gone:

• Smarzek is Novara's weak spot. Yep FB will eat them alive.

I'm gonna have and screenshot of this comment

Hope it happen like you talk and don't usa excuses

I read someone had covid there,hooe they all be ready to play,I want no excuses

• Stream for the match Conegliano vs Novara :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Folie started to do slide attacks, and She is realising bombs but for her healty it is better to attack just in front of setter ||

• I agree with you but Santarelli created this perfect system. He is the one who created this team. You have many great teams with great players but they are not working good but in Conegliano everything is perf past 4years with him.

Egonu improved alone so much with him, look at her defense.

That wasn't my point. I'm not downplaying Santarelli's impact, because everyone knows in case of Conegliano he's basically perfect coach for them - I'm just saying that sometimes (or even in many cases) player's development isn't factored by some 'magical' skills of a coach (although sometimes it does, and Guidetti is a good example), but much more is related to playing in a right system of play, around right players, where improving your weaknesses becomes necessity in order to fit a scheme (your Egonu's example), and using your strengths becomes much easier thanks to players around that make you better.

In case of Conegliano, I can't think of a better club team for middle blockers: great reception, amazing setter and perhaps the best player in the world on a wing, on whom every opposing team has to focus its all attention. That's why Fahr and De Kruijf are playing this season on 'men's' efficiency (around 65%), and that's why I'm not suprised that Butigan (certainly very talented player) is fitting this system really nicely. In fact, if I were a young player, I'd have dreamed of playing for this team even in limited amount of time.

That doesn't mean that I think Santarelli isn't amazing, because, well, it seems that he really is, and he 'orchestrated' this perfectly.

• today sorokaite finish the campaign in japan

Do you think she could play now in italy?

She had a bad season but can help a team in play offs....i'd like to see her in firenze or trentino

• I don't think it's possible to make transfers anymore :/

If i'm not wrong kosheleva arrive to scandicci like for february in 2019

Also elina rodriguez artived in conegliano in march after her team lost in qf superliga

• today sorokaite finish the campaign in japan

Do you think she could play now in italy?

She had a bad season but can help a team in play offs....i'd like to see her in firenze or trentino

If it's possible, she should definitely sign with an Italian team if she still wants to have a chance to play at the OG...

I'I'd like to see her in Firenze. Otherwise she should go to Casalmaggiore, since they are short in outside hitters.

• Today

Savino smashing brescia 1-0

Cuneo smashing busto 1-0

Firenze 1-0 trento

Chieri 1-0 bergamo

• now

Brescia tie with savino in a long set

Bergamo tie with chieri 2 set 30-28

Trento tie with firenze

Busto smashed cuneo in 2 set

• I'm not watching this game unfortunately, but Firenze is really a mess besides Nwakalor this season, once they lost 0-3 with Nwakalor scoring 28 points on 70% efficiency, today she has scored 20 points already, yet her team is 1-2 down against Trentino. I wish that she will get a chance to play for some actual good team next season, she's been doing nice things this season since December.

• trentino now winning 2-1

Firenze was doing good but overusing nwakalor

I think they could now make a streak but...

• firenze magically make it to a tie

Trento had tie break

And savino again to a tie with brescia

Little chances savino had to reach 3rd place are over

• Ultimately, Nwakalor scored 27 points and Firenze won a game against Trentino after tie-break. She looks like a clear favorite for vice-Egonu spot in next Olympic cycle in my eyes unless Antropova gets Italian citizenship.

Busto and Chieri won their matches 3-1, while Scandicci got a victory after tiebreak.

• Ultimately, Nwakalor scored 27 points and Firenze won a game against Trentino after tie-break. She looks like a clear favorite for vice-Egonu spot in next Olympic cycle in my eyes unless Antropova gets Italian citizenship.

Busto and Chieri won their matches 3-1, while Scandicci got a victory after

ok