Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2020/21

• I still don't get why Stuttgart fired Athanasopoulos and hired Aleksandersen... They started to play worse when Aleksandersen came to Stuttgart:S Also Renkema said they wanted to see more fire of their headcoach, but I'm pretty sure Athanasopoulos is way more fired up than Aleksandersen:lol:

They should consider using Jasper as receiving libero since Koskelo is badly underperforming in this department!

Athanasopoulos was not fired he quit his job.

The management question him after the Cup semifinal on the newspaper of not having fire instead of talking to him.The team this day had 4 injuries and he felt it was a hit under the belt.

• Schwerin - Stuttgart 3:0 (24, 20, 25)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/2515.pdf

MVP: Lina Alsmeier / Mira Todorova

Potsdam - Dresden 1:3 (25:18 17:25 26:28 14:25)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/2512.pdf

MVP: Lindsey Ruddins / Maja Storck

2nd matches on Wednesday, 3rd matches if necessary on Thursday.

Lenka Dürr couldn't play today due to muscular problems but could be back on Wednesday. OTOH Dresden's 3rd MB Monique Strubbe is done for the season with a hand injury from training, so there is no real backup for Gates and Weitzel anymore.

• I could see a really interesting transfer summer looking at the libero's in the German league for next season! Germany is one of the only countries without foreigner limit. Next to that Germany has good facilities and you can count on receiving your salary, so playing in Germany is really interesting as a foreign libero.

All top 3 team will have to make some changes probably on the libero position for next season; For Stuttgart Koskelo isn't playing on a high level, Dürr will probably retire and Hentz isn't perfroming as well as expected and Pogany could use a stable back-up as she had in Wong-Orantes last year. In addition all of Bock, Wong-Orantes, Schoot and Jegdic (?) could play in a better team as they do right now. Jegdic I'm sure could play for a top 3 team, but Potsdam always builds a nice team who can fight against those top 3 teams, so not sure if she should leave the team. Also there are some other foreigner libero's who could be able to play in the German league, such as Knip, Todorova, White and Curry.

Excited to see how it all will and up!

I am rooting for Zhana Todorova! I think she could develop into one of the top European liberos. It would be good step to play in German league

By the way, has Jegdiç played in Serbian NT before? It looks like she is having a good season so far. Considering Popoviç will probably retire after OG, she could get the starting position

• By the way, has Jegdiç played in Serbian NT before? It looks like she is having a good season so far. Considering Popoviç will probably retire after OG, she could get the starting position

I don't think Jegdic ever played in NT, at least not on Senior level. I don't know which other liberos Serbia has besides Popovic and Pusic, but IMO Jegdic is a great player and at least deserves an invitation to NT. When she came to Potsdam she was pretty average but she made incredible progress since then and now for me is definitely among the top 3 liberos of the league.

• I don't think Jegdic ever played in NT, at least not on Senior level. I don't know which other liberos Serbia has besides Popovic and Pusic, but IMO Jegdic is a great player and at least deserves an invitation to NT. When she came to Potsdam she was pretty average but she made incredible progress since then and now for me is definitely among the top 3 liberos of the league.

I think 3rd libero in the loop is Bojana Gocanin (2002) I've watched her once and to me, she looked better than Pusiç but nowhere close to Popoviç's level, especially at reception. That's why I'm curious about whom Terziç will invest for next Olympic cycle

• Answers and comment about Jegdic, as a spoiler because it goes to far from the topic.

• Spellman and Oude Luttikhuis are back but Agost can't play because of an ankle injury.

I just checked the articles and it sounds like Spelman and Oude Luttikhuis did light training but they're probably not at full strength, and it says Agost "probably" can't play. Either way Schwerin's OPP position this season seems kind of cursed :aww: