Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2020/21

• Erzen did not have any contract this season before, is this right? Does anybody know any reason?

In summer she was announced by Soverato (A2), but she never arrived there eventually. No idea why...

btw I really like Luisa Keller :heart::box: she just has such a great attitude and energy on the field.

I like her too, but I think she doesn't quite fit into nowadays' Volleyball. She's too short to have an international career as OPP and she probably won't develop the necessary reception skills to have an international career as OH, plus due to Vilsbiburg's current situation she seems to have to play as OPP for the time being yet again. But then she's still young, who knows what's going to happen...

• I like her too, but I think she doesn't quite fit into nowadays' Volleyball. She's too short to have an international career as OPP and she probably won't develop the necessary reception skills to have an international career as OH, plus due to Vilsbiburg's current situation she seems to have to play as OPP for the time being yet again. But then she's still young, who knows what's going to happen...

True, unfortunately she is not very tall. I am not sure if Vilsbiburg wants to play with her as opposite for the rest of the season or if they try to hire someone else. As an OPP she would have more time on court but as an OH (which is what she wants to play at if I remember correct?) she would not be a full time starter.

However, even if she sadly can't make it internationally I am still happy to see her in Bundesliga either as an OH or as an OPP. But let's wait and see how she develops :)

• Your wish? Or your expectation? I do not expect this. Neuwied actually has 4 USA players, but for first league they need 12 players suitabale for a first league team. I'm sure, this will be not be easy...

Going through the second division team's roster... Im surprised there's that many Americans

• Do you have a link for that? Or did you just count :lol:

USA Volleyball never waited till december to share info about the international transfers (IMHO they were waiting to reach a decent number), but they're out now. There were only 277 transfers so far. Usually they're over 400 at this point of the season.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Vo…layers-Find-Jobs-Overseas

• USA Volleyball never waited till december to share info about the international transfers (IMHO they were waiting to reach a decent number), but they're out now. There were only 277 transfers so far. Usually they're over 400 at this point of the season.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Vo…layers-Find-Jobs-Overseas

oh i missed that! Thanks!

Edit: Actually looking at past seasons, this seems to be on par. 257 in 2019, 189 in 2016

• oh i missed that! Thanks!

Edit: Actually looking at past seasons, this seems to be on par. 257 in 2019, 189 in 2016

No, they share almost every month the transfers.

Usually it starts around 300 transfers in october (with few exceptions), but by december they're around 400 and by january around 450 (new guarduated NCAA players start their pro career and LVSF begins). At this point of the season (december 16), 277 is a very low number.

• No, they share almost every month the transfers.

Usually it starts around 300 transfers in october (with few exceptions), but by december they're around 400 and by january around 450 (new guarduated NCAA players start their pro career and LVSF begins). At this point of the season (december 16), 277 is a very low number.

Oh interesting. Definitely wont see that many this year

• Your wish? Or your expectation? I do not expect this. Neuwied actually has 4 USA players, but for first league they need 12 players suitabale for a first league team. I'm sure, this will be not be easy...

They are eligible for a kind of buddy system from Bundesliga, where they get a guaranteed spot in the 1st league for the next two seasons (cannot be relegated to 2nd league) and get support to transition from voluntary work to full-time and paid management and to develop business and marketing plans.

I am still doubtful whether this will actually work or benefit the league, because even though they get financial aid from Bundesliga and other clubs at least in the beginning they probably will be just another weak team that won't contribute much to the level of the league. I don't like the idea to change from 12 to 14 teams in the long run either, because this will mean even more games in one week and even less rest for players especially the ones playing in national teams. The schedules are tight already.

I am curious to see how this will develop and I am ready to be positively surprised (there are other teams that have shown that it is possible to create a good team without much money) but right now I have a hard time believing this will work out.

• For many years, the league has been completely fixed in terms of teams. The last seemingly successful reaching higher league were Erfurt and Straubing. Erfurt made it four times in a row to the lowest place in the final table since their rise in 2016. And this result was achieved despite regularly having a budget of over €500,000 according to official announcements. Straubing went into insolvency after the first first league season in 2016, as the budget of 700,000 was not enough, as the official announcements were. In Straubing's second rise in 2018, they probably did not repeat some of the mistakes of the past and also showed skill and luck with the team composition.

And under these conditions, a newcomer who had maybe 150.000 budget in the second division (?) wants to start anew? Essentially without any young players from their own club who are suitable for the first division? Only with bought-in players from all over the world who come to Neuwied for very little money?

• No, they share almost every month the transfers.

Because a number of leagues were canceled this season especially in Asia.

Anyway, when is the Dresden match since it was delayed?

• Alexis played in Finland last season, before COVID.

She was a 2x All-American in the NCAA (as well as a 2x honorable mention selection)

She will be a good choice to play on the right. Her passing isn't stable but she is a very aggressive attacker.