Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• Yasss lets all root for PTT being the 4th relegated team :lol:<3

I'm mostly just rooting for Ilbank and although I'm indifferent with this Sariyer. Nikalina is better than I thought tbh and I just know they can build good teams often with a nice squad so I prefer PTT relegated but Dimitrova will make that hard, I love her individually.

To be honest there is no single good player that I root in Sarıyer belediyesi, neither youngsters nor the foreigners. But PTT has Ruseva who is an underrated MB, and Dimitrova who is not as good as her Bursa times but still a decent Opp. I also like their libero Simay Kurt. Thus, with all fairness, Sarıyer deserves to relegate with Can, BJK and Beylikdüzü

• I'm already excited for next season lol. Bevi and Beşiktaş(sadly) won't be there. We will get good teams from 1st division. This year is quite competitive and team's levels are close to each other. At least the gap isn't that big so far. And hopefully we will get rid of bad players who doesn't deserve to be in MCSL. So we can get even more competitive level.

I wish they would keep the league 12 teams not 14:down: it makes a huge difference for the level of the league and 14 teams is extending the schedule unnecessarily too long

• Yasss lets all root for PTT being the 4th relegated team :lol:<3

I'm mostly just rooting for Ilbank and although I'm indifferent with this Sariyer. Nikalina is better than I thought tbh and I just know they can build good teams often with a nice squad so I prefer PTT relegated but Dimitrova will make that hard, I love her individually.

I liked Ilbank at first but after their Mambru transfer and playing with Birgul instead of Eylul made me give up on them. How come Birgul gets to play but Eylul doesn’t? Birgul can be a sub, only a sub, Eylul might improve and become a valuable player. Not a world start but still can be good.

• Poor Beylikduzu VI. It's still the same club that brought to Turkey Drews, Lee and Hunter, ending the season 5th. It's not their fault when they're just out of money.

When PTT was promoted to Sultanlar Ligi it looked like they were willing to invest a lot of money in the years to come, what's going on?

So far only Turk Hava Yollari kept the promises, creating a team that can challenge all the others.

The level is way higher than expected when they promoted all the 4 teams from Voleybol 1. Ligi. 16 teams are a lot, but they managed to make the league more entertaining.

• I liked Ilbank at first but after their Mambru transfer and playing with Birgul instead of Eylul made me give up on them. How come Birgul gets to play but Eylul doesn’t? Birgul can be a sub, only a sub, Eylul might improve and become a valuable player. Not a world start but still can be good.

You meant Yaprak? Eylül is the setter. Eylül deserves to play as well anyway. I liked her at the beginning of season 😅

• It is not related specific to this post, nor for your point about Naz (with which I agree), but in some way it is a follow-up. I noticed also in the some previous Fenerbahce games that after looking at the statistics, I have the impression that the reception was not as catastrophic as the statistics say, namely it happened this time also, and while watching the match in the video, I paid attention to specifically Busa (because it was easier to pay attention on just one player) reception and numbers this time, singled out all receptions, and analyzed them one by one.

Relying on the official definition,

the perfect reception is one in which the parabola and the speed of the ball from the reception are adjusted to a very small radius of movement of the setter,

and a positive reception is one in which the radius of movement of the setter is within 3 meters while the parabola and the speed of the ball from the reception are such that the first tempo (quick) can be played.

Buša in this match have 4/16 (25%) perfect receptions and for sure 7/16 (44%) positive and 2 more which are on the border between positive and negative but very usefull.

In absolute numbers it is not crucial for this match or comment, my point is to believe that in the previous matches the reception statistics also were too sharp, not just with Buša, also with Yilmaz/Sariouglu.

• Werq @ Drews’ teams in the 17-19 seasons going bankrupt lol.

I hope THY keeps Carlini and they begin investing in stronger players. Maybe get better OHs. They can keep Kingdon but certainly, they should hire a stronger MB, OH and Libero (their libero sucks as hell).

Can THY finish 3rd? I’d love for them to be in CL.

• I prefer that Can Kale and Sariyer relegate.

Ilbank is fun to watch, especially when Yagmur is playing. Their coach made terrible decisions last 4-5 rounds, having Mambru on court but now they are on the right track. Last round, they beat Sariyer so they are close to doing better.

Can Kale is such a dissapointment and nothing entertaining. Also a chaos with their sponsors, team management, players and trainer.

I used to love what Kuzeyboru did with Tuncay Önal. Now they fired him? Like seriously? Team managers are horrible in Turkey, soooo incapable. Bringing Suphi Doganci instead of him must be joke because I only remember bad things about Suphi. So I hope they lose all their rest of the matches and understand what they did wrong.

For top of the league, Eczacibasi and FB are in danger for sure. FB and Eczacibasi will play two matches against each other, they will also play against THY, Aydin, GS, Nilufer and Yesilyurt. It is gonna be a big fight in top 4.

I prefer Nilufer, GS or Yesilyurt in top 4. THY lost all my respect when they rested their foreigners in the first half of the season against strong opponents. I don't want such a team to finish in top 4. Aydin is a mess, I don't like their coach and they have so big up and downs. So I prefer them out of top 4 as well.

• Just watched an interview with Dehri Can. He said they wanted to sign with Ana Bjelica and waited for a long time to make it happen. But it won't be happening.

Here is the link. He talks about it around 4:00

I like that he wasnt bragging about the win over Eczacıbasi and accepted that they were missing key players. I think being humble is something hard to find among Turkish trainers. They like exaggerating success

Example: Nedim Özbey was claiming they were world champions when they won universiade 😂😂

• Just watched an interview with Dehri Can. He said they wanted to sign with Ana Bjelica and waited for a long time to make it happen. But it won't be happening.

Here is the link. He talks about it around 4:00

She said that she want to play in club which is part of Champions League or she will be in Crvena Zvezda (just training or maybe even as regular player) until NT season, i guess that is the reason why she didn't accept the offer from Nilufer.

• She said that she want to play in club which is part of Champions League or she will be in Crvena Zvezda (just training or maybe even as regular player) until NT season, i guess that is the reason why she didn't accept the offer from Nilufer.

A bit tragic IMO. She must to know what is doing. But a good team in Turkish League seems not a worse place to play. Besides the fact that Champions League just has more tree games for some teams.

• A bit tragic IMO. She must to know what is doing. But a good team in Turkish League seems not a worse place to play. Besides the fact that Champions League just has more tree games for some teams.

TBH i'm totaly fine with her decision, to me totaly understandable, she said this before the whole China experiences (somewhere in late september for serbian newspaper).

• She said that she want to play in club which is part of Champions League or she will be in Crvena Zvezda (just training or maybe even as regular player) until NT season, i guess that is the reason why she didn't accept the offer from Nilufer.

This is unfortunate for Nilufer. They can try Lippman. Lippman has never played in Turkey and she might like it.

• This is unfortunate for Nilufer. They can try Lippman. Lippman has never played in Turkey and she might like it.

I'd love to see that and she would take Nilüfer into another level(maybe even 2nd or 3rd spot) but I don't think they can afford her. And I guess she will go to Russia. But it would be amazing if Nilüfer could sign her.