Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2020-2021

• This must have been right after they beat SAGA:

• Volleyball Monthly is encouraging everyone to cheer for their teams on SNS for V Cup but I noticed Okayama and Saga players are the only ones not sharing their team highlights of the season (through their own accounts).

It's very unusual for Saga to be this quiet and I feel that they could really use some encouragement now more than ever. It seems that they're the most pressured team I would say even more than Toray, and it must be mentally exhausting to be constantly reminded that they're no longer good.

• it must be mentally exhausting to be constantly reminded that they're no longer good.

:white:

• Pretty cool that since NEC has two middle blockers off to NT land, I will finally get to see my ballet dancing secret weapon play volleyball: Kasumi Nojima. Hope she doesn't disappoint

• This weekend starts the V Cup: "a young-based tournament aimed at strengthening and training young athletes and strengthening Japanese volleyball for the Paris Olympics" ... so please, no foreigners!

"The handling of the battle record in the case of the occurrence of new coronavirus positive persons (including suspicion) of the participating teams and the withdrawal of participation due to various circumstances is that they lost the battle with 0-25, 0-25, 0-25 Look out.

* If you abstain or lose the game for some reason, you will be considered to have lost the game at 0-25, 0-25, 0-25.

I like that "Look out", LOL. There will be no alternate matches, no make ups. PFU has already lost two matches.

I hope everyone makes it through this safe and sound and we get to see some kick ass B-Team "young-based" Japanese volleyball.

• Borrowed from She's a Volleyballer who borrowed it from Hayashi's Instagram:

• This weekend starts the V Cup: "a young-based tournament aimed at strengthening and training young athletes and strengthening Japanese volleyball for the Paris Olympics" ... so please, no foreigners!

I like that "Look out", LOL. There will be no alternate matches, no make ups. PFU has already lost two matches.

I hope everyone makes it through this safe and sound and we get to see some kick ass B-Team "young-based" Japanese volleyball.

The Americans have gone home.

• The Americans have gone home.

That's a big chunk. Does it include Shainah, do you know?

Hey, and if you see any tweetfarts about Neriman's condition please share.

• Somebody wanna give google-translate a shot at this:

Cancellation / postponement of the JVA-sponsored national national tournament (added on 2/25)

69th Black Eagle Flag is what they called last year's and this year's , so I can't tell, but it looks like it's last year's by the dates.

Basically it seems like they are saying nothing about 2021** but thought it would be a good idea to remind us of what they canceled last year?

**except: 18th 2021 All Japan Junior All-Star Dream Match

• What happened to Nagaoka? Her hype died down really fast?

She hasn't played much during V.League. Only played a full set twice iirc vs Toray and vs Kurobe and in both matches Hisamitsu lost. She was only part of a winning match once I think, where she only played as a sub. Team Springs has landed 8th overall which is practically rock bottom for them. It would be weird if she gets hyped up while her club is hitting a new low.

• She hasn't played much during V.League. Only played a full set twice iirc vs Toray and vs Kurobe and in both matches Hisamitsu lost. She was only part of a winning match once I think, where she only played as a sub. Team Springs has landed 8th overall which is practically rock bottom for them. It would be weird if she gets hyped up while her club is hitting a new low.

Too bad. Was she playing okay?

• All matches are remote matches and are on vtv

Sat 27 Feb 2021

11:00 Toray v PFU -- Saitama Prefecture Budokan, Ageo (canceled)

11:00 Denso v JT -- Okazaki Park Gymnasium, Aichi

12:00 NEC v Kurobe -- Saitama Prefecture Budokan, Ageo

13:00 Okayama v Toyota-- Okazaki Park Gymnasium, Aichi

15:00 Saitama v Hitachi -- Saitama Prefecture Budokan, Ageo

15:00 SAGA v Himeji-- Okazaki Park Gymnasium, Aichi

Sun 28 Feb 2021

11:00 NEC v Hitachi-- Saitama Prefecture Budokan, Ageo

12:00 Denso v Toyota-- Okazaki Park Gymnasium, Aichi

14:00 Saitama v PFU-- Saitama Prefecture Budokan, Ageo (canceled)

15:00 Okayama v Himeji-- Okazaki Park Gymnasium, Aichi

V.League is debuting a new "flooring" at the Okazaki Park Gymnasium in Aichi this weekend.

• Hey, hmm ... Toukoku in Denso starting lineup. What's up with that? I thought NT invites weren't going to play :/

• Airi Tahara! Gosh I miss her :rose:

I was hoping to see Reina Sano, aka The Denso Bomber, but alas. She hasn't played the past two years. Either rehabbing or just not making the cut. She doesn't have the defensive skills the other Denso players have but she's pretty beastly offensively, and a true southpaw OP.