USA-Athletes Unlimited League

• And the number of views on youtube is really really low.

Right now it looks like not much people are interested. From the AU Instagram it looks like the content with the most views/likes is for the posts of their international players Sheilla and DLC.

They need to get some of the Asian players in the league cause their fans are crazy all over social media.

• I don't really know the liberos that well.

Tiffany Clark played for Wisconsin and was okay. Rosado played for Minnesota. Velez is Puerto Rican and I know nothing about her. Tupac played in the NCAA awhile ago, she played most recently for Sm'aesch Pfeffingen in 18/19 and Germany before that

• Right now it looks like not much people are interested. From the AU Instagram it looks like the content with the most views/likes is for the posts of their international players Sheilla and DLC.

They need to get some of the Asian players in the league cause their fans are crazy all over social media.

Agreed. Should have gotten any Asian players for the clout.

• Sheilla basically said on her instagram that the training sections have been bad, she only trained 3 times so far and that it was not good at all. She said the cold is a big problem and that a player (Tapp) and a personal trainer have torn their Achilles tendon.

• Sheilla basically said on her instagram that the training sections have been bad, she only trained 3 times so far and that it was not good at all. She said the cold is a big problem and that a player (Tapp) and a personal trainer have torn their Achilles tendon.

yep they’re right in the middle of the mess that is Texas now. It looks like the scrimmage today went well, they all weren’t huddled in jackets/gloves lol

• yep they’re right in the middle of the mess that is Texas now. It looks like the scrimmage today went well, they all weren’t huddled in jackets/gloves lol

right... i forgot it got relocated to texas. I suggest an alternative venue, how does cancun sound?

• A practice session or informal game, as between two units of the same team

Thanks, so how are the first 4 captains being chosen? Based on what? I understand the system but some things are still confusing to me.

• The whole concept is going towards a failure with no popularity. I agree that they should have brought more international stars, from Asia, Italy, Russia etc. In that way it would become more interesting for the whole world and quality of matches could be higher than a second division in a major league.

If they will keep the same format next year, they can actually ask some retired stars to participate too, some of them are still in fine shape for this level of volleyball such as Neslihan.

• The whole concept is going towards a failure with no popularity. I agree that they should have brought more international stars, from Asia, Italy, Russia etc. In that way it would become more interesting for the whole world and quality of matches could be higher than a second division in a major league.

If they will keep the same format next year, they can actually ask some retired stars to participate too, some of them are still in fine shape for this level of volleyball such as Neslihan.

This is more like a variety show with less known individuals. 😂

• Thanks, so how are the first 4 captains being chosen? Based on what? I understand the system but some things are still confusing to me.

the first four captains for the scrimmages were picked from previous practices or at random

the first 4 captains for the actual matches are based on the data from these scrimmages

eh I don’t think so. They need this league to be USA popular, not worldwide popular. No one here knows who KYK is or probably even Zhu Ting. That’s why the league is 95% former NCAA players/stars. Maybe in the future that’ll change.

• Thanks everyone. I wish they updated the website with the rosters and the captains of the scrimmage. I expected more because Americans tend to be better with this type of communication.

• Thanks everyone. I wish they updated the website with the rosters and the captains of the scrimmage. I expected more because Americans tend to be better with this type of communication.

Go to their twitter, they have updates there. The first captains were Aury Cruz, Molly McCage, Taylor Morgan, and Erica Handley

• eh I don’t think so. They need this league to be USA popular, not worldwide popular. No one here knows who KYK is or probably even Zhu Ting. That’s why the league is 95% former NCAA players/stars. Maybe in the future that’ll change.

Not sure if this is a right strategy to make it locally popular either. If they had some big names or even retired stars, that could create an international popularity and eventually locals would wonder "why there is such a big fuzz about this?" and start following slowly. Now with 95% former NCAA players, I am not sure if it will be as popular among locals. Besides, once some hard core local volleyball spectators start watching this, they might be like "wow, quality is not upto expectations, why should I waste my time on this"...