Turkey NT 2021

• Guidetti said Group 1 will play VNL, according to performances in VNL, OG roster will be decided. In Group 2 is there are players who are young and promising and expected to part of NT in future but can't make it to final roster yet. This will be a chance to get to know each other and to teach them our system. They will keep training in İstanbul just incase injuries etc.

• I can't really understand guidetti at times. He says that his policy is to summon players who are playing in their teams. How then to summon tugba instead of derya? fatma instead of ilkin? does he really think he will win something with seyma and fatma on the team?

• I can't really understand guidetti at times. He says that his policy is to summon players who are playing in their teams. How then to summon tugba instead of derya? fatma instead of ilkin? does he really think he will win something with seyma and fatma on the team?

His reason is he wants to work with players who already adapted to his system. I would like to see İlkin and Derya instead of Şeyma or Fatma as well

• His reason is he wants to work with players who already adapted to his system. I would like to see İlkin and Derya instead of Şeyma or Fatma as well

OK. If so, what is Ayca doing there? She doesn’t have any international experienceand in case of injury, is he seriously planning on bringing Ayca to OG? I don’t think so. He wants Ayca to work and gain as much as experience for Vakifbank. Same for Tugba. With Meliha’s departure, He is likely to use her more in the upcoming seasons so he wants her to work with him and gain as much as experience.

NT and Vakifbank are mutually exclusive and you cannot use NT as your club’s training center. I support him as NT coach and his accomplishments as NT coach is undebatable but it doesn’t change the fact that he is a manipulative, corrupt guy and this is disgusting. He would have criticized this situation if same thing should happen with another coach that is coaching both a club and NT. Just like he did with this transfer thing a few months ago. If he does it, it is just how the market works and it is fine. If someone else does it, it is wrong and should be corrected.

• Derya-Ilkin-Saliha could and should have been able to get a chance to take a 4th OH spot :gone:

Gizem Orge and Dilek Kinik same for Libero, the one good thing is he recognized Dilek Kinik too for the future of this line-up that's it.

Tugba wasn't doing great this season and benched all year, Derya helped her team win Challenge Cup, Saliha was a good option at times and Ilkin was a great starter for her team. No excuse to at least bring one of those instead of Tugba if the 4 were so locked...

• Wait I read Crovolley's post but Saliha is still in the 1st roster!

It seems his 4 are locked but I hope she can take Seyma's spot somehow during VNL, I think she can do it.

There is at least a chance for her I think.

• Let's go, my goal of VNL :rolll: I really don't think it's impossible but completely depends

• I agree şeyma cant attack. However,she is good at other elements of the game. Her defensive skills, as everyone would agree, is great. She was already good at receiving but this year she improved, now she receive quite well. Also , the fact that she is good at blocking is unknown to many.

Guidetti knows what Şeyma can and cannot do,he usually gets what he expects from her. That's why he likes Şeyma and always takes her to the team.

• I have the impression that the wing-spikers of team 2 are better than team 1 haha.

i liked ipar, derya, ilkin and ezgi.

I hated the MB players of team 2. I don't see much of a future in akcin, yasemin yildirim and I didn't understand the call for busra sahin, she was the worst player in THY. I think even sude demirel played better. ildaya should be on that list, but I think she is still a serious injury.

another thing, i hate giovanni to play with many players who have the reception as their only quality foundation, like fatma, seyma, meliha, tugba and saliha. so he believes that only hande baladin should be his player with the best attack? sorry, but if hande attacks like in eczacibasi this season, turkey will have no wing-spiker with good attack.

• I agree that Guidetti is again being unfair and inconsistent with his previous standpoint of 'I will only call players who are regularly playing in their clubs'. What the heck with Tuğba and Fatma? Şeyma had a bad season but he is still one of the only solid receivers next to Meliha. Bringing also Fatma as 4th would be very unnecessary. She didn't play much during olympic qualifications so I don't buy the argument of bringing every player who played qualifications to final roster.

Ilkin deserves to be in final roster for OG. She is the 3rd best OH after Hande and Meliha (indeed she is more balanced OH than both; better receiver than Hande and better attacker than Meliha)

Setters: No surprise, fair call

Liberos: No surprise but not fair neither, Guidetti is really doing favoritism there!

MBs: Happy with the choices, especially good that he picked Yasemin instead of Beyza Arıcı. Kübra or Aslı will get the 3th spot for olympics

About second group:

Setters: fair choice, both are promising and deserved a chance

Liberos: Dilek had a great season, she still needs to improve her defense but in reception she was very solid. I am not a huge fan of Eylül so I would have invited Buse Kayacan instead. Gülce is a talented one, it is a good idea to invite her

OHs: good calls, although I believe both ilkin and derya should have been in the first group. It would be nice to see how Ipar and yaprak would perform in senior NT

Opps: there were not any other options anyways. So no surprise.

MBs: both Yasemin and Büşra had good seasons so they deserved this call. Ayçin was also pretty good in the first half of season. I don'T see anything special in Beliz and she has never played in youth NT neither. I don't see the point of investing her. I think It would be better to call Janset and Ilayda Uçak (maybe she is not recovered yet)

by the way names of Ayçin Akyol and Yasemin Yıldırım are doubled in the list. I wonder if there are two more MBs instead of them in the list:teach:

• I agree şeyma cant attack. However,she is good at other elements of the game. Her defensive skills, as everyone would agree, is great. She was already good at receiving but this year she improved, now she receive quite well. Also , the fact that she is good at blocking is unknown to many.

Guidetti knows what Şeyma can and cannot do,he usually gets what he expects from her. That's why he likes Şeyma and always takes her to the team.

that's true, Şeyma is not a starter material but great as a backup player. She is really good as receiver, defender, blocker and server. Indeed only thing she cant do is attack:lol:

• About second group:

Setters: fair choice, both are promising and deserved a chance

Liberos: Dilek had a great season, she still needs to improve her defense but in reception she was very solid. I am not a huge fan of Eylül so I would have invited Buse Kayacan instead. Gülce is a talented one, it is a good idea to invite her

i don't agree about kayacan buse. I don't think she played badly, but we are talking about the future. buse kayacan will be 29 this year. why summon a player who won't be able to play for a long time if we're talking about the future? i think he should have called berin yildirim. she played very well and is young

• I agree that the OHs of 2nd group look better than 1st group lol. Rest are as expected, I would prefer to see Janset though, there must be something wrong there.

Both Ilkin and Derya deserved to be in group 1 instead of Saliha and Fatma in my opinion. Saliha did some fine work but than she had a nightmare performance in semis and 3-4 matches. A sad fact is, if one of the Hande/Meliha gets injured, Guidetti has to use either Seyma, Fatma or Tugba in starting six, thats like a nightmare. So I hope he understand his mistake and make changes.

• I think the call for berin yildirim is extremely fair. I don't think the call for busra sahin is fair. i think sude demirel, janset, emine arice and bahar akbay deserved more than busra. anyway i am happy for THY players. Many of them were summoned, as opposed to galatasaray where only one player was summoned.

I think this is very important for the national team to stop calling only eczacibasi, vakifbank and fenerbahce players. I believe it motivates other players to play on smaller teams