Turkey NT 2021

• I wonder if Giovanni is planning to have 4 MBs now instead of 3 and instead have 3 OHs in the squad. Zehra does not seem fully recovered and even if she is with the team, I guess the risk of getting injured during OGs will be high. With that, I think having 4 MBs is not a terrible idea :S

Meanwhile, without Zehra, Turkey's chances drop even more. The team will simply rely on Eda and Ebrar in attacking :S

• I wonder if Giovanni is planning to have 4 MBs now instead of 3 and instead have 3 OHs in the squad. Zehra does not seem fully recovered and even if she is with the team, I guess the risk of getting injured during OGs will be high. With that, I think having 4 MBs is not a terrible idea :S

Meanwhile, without Zehra, Turkey's chances drop even more. The team will simply rely on Eda and Ebrar in attacking :S

Who knows Hande & Meliha can pull a Jaque & Garay circa London 2012 ☺️

• Who knows Hande & Meliha can pull a Jaque & Garay circa London 2012 ☺️

Even if they do that, Ebrar is not Sheilla :D That's not to downgrade Ebrar's development, I think she is playing very good but to point out the system issue. With Sheilla as opposite, Brazil could distribute the balls faster. At Turkey's side, no matter the quality of receiving, sets to Ebrar are obvious and sky high, leaving only middles as threats and if you don't have Zehra, then only 1 middle is left as a threat: Eda.

• Disgusting leaving Ilkin out is unacceptable to me, he doesn't care about how well Turkey does at all, it's all about how everything is his show. also Gizems post :white:I hope she outs him after OG, honestly if he is that toxic he can leave imo regardless of how well he does.

We should start with Hande - Tuğba duo

• Disgusting leaving Ilkin out is unacceptable to me, he doesn't care about how well Turkey does at all, it's all about how everything is his show. also Gizems post :white:I hope she outs him after OG, honestly if he is that toxic he can leave imo regardless of how well he does.

What did Gizem say?

google translate cant give me the result for that post. What's it about?

• I wish ya'll weren't so mean to Hande and Meliha :)

I'll give you the after-BUT first:

It's important/cool/smart to jump on hot young talent. Amazing things can happen. That's why I would have sent the Japanese U20 World Champion squad to the World Cup. Seems you Turkish aficionados are sort of wishing for that kind of thing with Buse, Derya, Ilkin, etc., now.

The pre-BUT analagy

Hande and Meliha are about on par with Sarina Koga. You might think Sarina just "arrived" this year, but she's not as good as she was 3-4 years ago. She languished and offered nothing (club or NT) for a few years and just bloomed again at present.

Players at that level have good times and bad times. They don't just all of a sudden suck irretrievably. Hande and Meliha's "slump" might extend right through the OG and that would be unfortunate, and the "I told ya sos" will be thrown about justifiably

The big-BUT

Hande and Meliha might both do their jobs well in the OG

• I'm ok with Hande, she has her ups and downs but Meliha is too ... void right now ;(so I'd start with Hande and Tuckba but Meliha will start I guess. If she receives well her main job is done tbh. The rest is on the middles (which Zehra doesn't look too good right now ?() and the other attackers.

• I'm ok with Hande, she has her ups and downs but Meliha is too ... void right now ;(so I'd start with Hande and Tuckba but Meliha will start I guess. If she receives well her main job is done tbh. The rest is on the middles (which Zehra doesn't look too good right now ?() and the other attackers.

You certainly have keener insight here than I do. I guess for me it's just a case of "Likers gonna like". If it were Derya and Ilkin over Hande and Meliha, I'd be like-y about it.

I'm kind of pessimistic/mean about some of Japan's choices. It's just the way we can be about things closest to our hearts.

I want Turkey to do well in the OG and thought some #goodvibes might help :drink:

Bummer extraordinaire about Zehra's possible condition