Italian Women NT 2021

• How can people change their mind about Egonu after the Olympics? :lol:

Idiots, and for about month and half She will again be beast that noone can beat.

Coming for 5/5 next season.

• Egonu hasn't changed a bit in Imoco. She's just playing in a system she fits in better. Her technical skills are still quite weak for an elite player. Her physical power is unmatchable for the others, but she's overall behind Boskovic in terms of technical skills, mentality and leadership. Maybe Zhu is still better too. When she left Vakifbank to come back to China, she lost something in her game and her level dropped a bit (probably because she just played about 3 months in total during the last 2 club seasons). Egonu played for a few months this summer with Malinov and Orro and didn't manage to adapt technically (it goes both ways for her and the setters, the blame is to share). She will improve for the next Olympic Games hopefully.

She become way better in defence, as We saw at Olympics She made WAY less errors, She change her approach, but She is the same :sos:

Yes We saw that. Just look at stats in Novara and Conegliano. She is way better.

• I keep reading Santarelli’s name as replacement but I have to be honest, I don’t trust him that much. I mean he likes modern volleyball and that’s good but I don’t think he was very convincing whenever something went wrong in Conegliano. Until Egonu joined Conegliano, he basically just watched when his team got defeated in CL F4 for two seasons. He seems like a genius only when everything goes his way and hasn’t proved himself to be called genius in clutch moment yet.

I like Mazzanti, even though he failed big time this summer, I don’t think Santarelli is the name you would replace Mazzanti with.

Everything goes his way for a reason, not for luck.:roll: He proved himself by setting up a system from scratch and managing to adapt different style of players to the same system for many years. I think he is the right trainer for Italian NT!

• What do Italians think about Rachele Morello (setter of Italy in 2019 JWCH) and Gaia Guiducci (setter and MVP of 2021 JWCH)? Do you think they are good prospects for Italian team in the setter position?

As voulter mentioned above, italian setters almost always look way better than their peers at age group tournaments but they don't turn out to be a top player on senior level. Both Malinov and Orro were blessed so much at youth and junior tournaments, they get to play important senior tournaments even at young age but still they turned out to be mediocre setters. Since Lo Bianco and Ferretti we haven't seen any top setter from Italy although so many promising youngsters appeared at U-tournaments.

So far Bosio is the only one that could steal the starting position from these two setters.

• couldn’t he just get special permission like Mazzanti?

Is there a reason they’re not allowed to do both?

No, Mazzanti was given a special permission just for this season (I don't remember how they justified it exactly? I think there was some random covid stuff thrown in there) but it was said from the start that it was just until the end of the season, and same thing happened with Blengini (male NT coach) but he's staying with the club and leaving national team.

I think it's because federation wants the trainer to be only focused just on the national team, following players on every team and level without club distractions, and if I'm not wrong they have the coaches do joint training with Club Italia/other teams and stuff like that on occasion. It doesn't seem to me that training a club is doing any damage to many other succesful coaches but hey that's what federation wants 🤷‍♂️

• No, Mazzanti was given a special permission just for this season (I don't remember how they justified it exactly? I think there was some random covid stuff thrown in there) but it was said from the start that it was just until the end of the season, and same thing happened with Blengini (male NT coach) but he's staying with the club and leaving national team.

I think it's because federation wants the trainer to be only focused just on the national team, following players on every team and level without club distractions, and if I'm not wrong they have the coaches do joint training with Club Italia/other teams and stuff like that on occasion. It doesn't seem to me that training a club is doing any damage to many other succesful coaches but hey that's what federation wants 🤷‍♂️

I don't think it is only for spending more time with NT but also prevent any favoring certain players playing in his club team. Guidetti has been criticized a lot for favoring Vakıfbank players in NT or dragging NT players to his club. Same thing is happening with our terrible trainer of maly NT team. He is either bringing all GS players to NT or signing NT players with GS. We could even guess which players that will be transfrered to GS when NT wide roster was declared. And in a few months it was announced that those players were transferred to GS:aww:

That's why I am against this practice of training both NT and a club team.

• I hope girls are gone wake up for ECH, I expect nothing less than final and top of that gold medal.

When they are gone start training together and when We are gone find roster for ECH ?!

• I hope girls are gone wake up for ECH, I expect nothing less than final and top of that gold medal.

When they are gone start training together and when We are gone find roster for ECH ?!

No idea, but as of now everyone is having some time off (I've seen many of them are back to their families), but considering it's only 10 days away they will be meeting again early next week maybe

• Praying for Gennari, even though noone like this idea except me :rolll:

But I don’t think their is no single chance that we are gone watch Bosio, not that She doesn’t deserve it but because their is only 10days until ECH and they haven’t started to train and Bosio hasn’t trained with no single player yet.

I don’t think that even Nwakalor will not join the team. I think She was at vacation I haven’t see her train at all.

Gennaro is gone probably be at ECH and one more libero, Maybe Fersino.

• First message on this board :win:

Waiting for the ECH roster. In the meanwhile, all the girls are mostly M.I.A. on Instagram. I guess they will avoid exposing themselves too much since Mazzanti loves to blame them for using social media. Egonu basically disappeared, but she has just lost her grandfather plus all the s**t she’s getting from media (thanks again Mazzanti).

Do you guys think he will replace at least one of the setters, and by that I mean Malinov? It would be interesting to watch Bosio playing.

I explained this already some messages above (if you go back some pages you can find it) Mazzanti didn't blame them, something he said was taken totally out of context and build a made up case around it

• I don't think it makes sense to make roster changes in any of the Olympic teams. Just add another libero and gennari, that's enough

• I don't think it makes sense to make roster changes in any of the Olympic teams. Just add another libero and gennari, that's enough

I wouldn't mind Sorokaite out for Nwakalor and maybe someone else instead of Folie but other than that I agree!

As far as libero goes I hope they start investing on De Bortoli instead of Parrocchiale, Parrocchiale is good but overall De Bortoli seems the one to be more complete and close to the type of plays De Gennaro has