China NT 2021

• China still needs a fourth OH behind Zhu/Li/Zhang, someone who can come in cold and still pass dimes. LXT in this role was crucial to China’s success in Rio. Idk who you have now that could do that. Maybe still LXT if her form improves.

• Blocking was weak and scoring was not there when needed. I would have given Zheng Yixin playing time. Wang Mengjie's passing was not good. I think she gets bailed out by Zhu and Gong too much. Starting MBs were bad. Yang Hanyu couldn't kill overpasses. First time seeing a choke serve. I think Zhang Changning was tired. Backups are not looking good so far for Tokyo.

• Blocking was weak and scoring was not there when needed. I would have given Zheng Yixin playing time. Wang Mengjie's passing was not good. I think she gets bailed out by Zhu and Gong too much. Starting MBs were bad. Yang Hanyu couldn't kill overpasses. First time seeing a choke serve. I think Zhang Changning was tired. Backups are not looking good so far for Tokyo.

I don't know what's with Zhang but she just couldn't get her hitting error rate down in this VNL.

• I don't know what's with Zhang but she just couldn't get her hitting error rate down in this VNL.

I think it's just part of her game that she needs to get fixed. She gets stuffed often when sets are not good due to poor reception, especially with no step spikes.

• If we choose the younger players, such as this roster:

S - Sun Yan? in fact, in 2019, many fans didn't like her and think she was so amateur

OP - Xu Lu-yao? I prefer to choose her substitute ... maybe ... Sun Xiao-xuan? Miao Yi-wen?

OH - Wu Meng-jie is injured ... Wang Yi-zhu, Che Wen-han, Chen Bo-ya ... waiting, still waiting ...

MB - OK, please wait for the newer ones though we have to hope that Wang, Gao, Yang be better ... if necessary, Zhang Yu-qian and Qin Si-yu?

L - Ni Fei-fan and even plus her substitute, Chen Rui-lan, why not? three 1995s, Wang Meng-jie, Wang Wei-yi and Gong Mei-zi, Wang Meng-jie won only through luck. Poor Huang Liu-yan ...

PS: I forget Chen Pei-yan. However, Chen Pei-yan ... is an "European" OP ... You know me.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I guess the OOS sets don't go to her when Zhu's on the team

It's a good experience for Zhang since she is the ace for this VNL. As long she can become consistent secondary scorer like she did in 2019 World Cup, China would be in good shape even with a not so good libero.

• Zhang Changning had a really bad match.

well, that's just the way she's been this tournament against somewhat competitive teams.

8 errors against Korea

didn't play against Japan, but subbed on and had 6 swings, no kills and 2 errors.

against Thailand was decent, only three errors.

8 errors against Germany.

10 errors against Canada.

Turkey is gonna be another tough match, we'd be lucky to win any sets.

• I think we'll see an easy sweep by Turkey tomorrow if Guidetti plays his starters. These girls are tired playing two 5 set matches back to back.

• Turkey is beatable. Just needs consistent offense and blocking. Both losses China didn't block well and offense wasn't working. Only team I see that this team can't beat is Brazil before A team arrives.

• LYY better start in the last 6 games of the VNL and Tokyo too. I'm getting 2018 vibes again.

Didn't 2018 Lang Ping went for a fast tempo system? Zhu was not her best. It's a long tournament so we will see the outcome later.

• Yep, sets were unbelievably low and fast. Hope for improvements before Tokyo I guess...

I thought it was a wrong choice because it didn't suit the players. Anyway current situation most worrying is backup MBs. Bad at both blocking and scoring so far. Then the backup hitters. If Zhang Changning and Li Yingying do not play well, there is no one left. Both Lius are on the decline. Don't expect anything more from other hitters. No wonder Lang Ping is not happy.

• I'm not sure which moment is more embarrassing/funny:

* Wang Yuanyuan's missed serve

* Wang Mengjie (inside the 3m line) passing a free ball using her hands to Yao Di, who tried to go over on 2

And I wonder what funny things will happen tomorrow.